Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 383. (Read 5805537 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I have a weird problem.. cgminer crashes at startup.

It seems like it cannot create the .bin files. Using an older cgminer that already has them generated works fine though. I'm on Windows 8, Catalyst 13.2.

Even the bare minimum configuration doesn't work.

Running cgminer as administrator does nothing to help as well.
You've borked your SDK installation with mixed files.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I have a weird problem.. cgminer crashes at startup.

It seems like it cannot create the .bin files. Using an older cgminer that already has them generated works fine though. I'm on Windows 8, Catalyst 13.2.

Even the bare minimum configuration doesn't work.

Running cgminer as administrator does nothing to help as well.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
You could also try regedit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Cl ass\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

and change "EnableUlps" to 0 under the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys.

src: http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Think for yourself
For some reason when I open up cgminer, I get greeted with the error message:
ADL found less devices than opencl!
There is possibly more than one display attached to a GPU.

I'm pretty confused with this because I haven't done anything that would cause this. The only thing that I've done today is add my second GPU into my rig. I've got 2 5850's running at the moment.
Anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to stop it?

Secondly, for some reason there are no temps being shown in cgminer any more. Anyone know why this is, and how I can get them back? Kind of makes it difficult to monitor Wink

Did you try using dummy plugs?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello and hope You're having a good time  Smiley

I am having some issues with 4 x GA 7950-s (1150/1375) / 2.6-2.7 Mhash/s. Everything is just fine for like 4-6 hours and then the system hangs.
I've seen when one of the cards usage goes to 0 and then everything hangs. Otherwise everythings ok, temps are stable at 60°-63°C.

I tried before with the clocks at 1170 / 1375 and lowering the core clock by 20 gave me the 660-670 khash/s per card.

I'm using latest GUI- with cgminer. Settings are:

TC - 24000 - anything above that seems to lower the hashrate.
I - 20

I hope anybody has any ideas other than lowering OC Smiley

Best of luck in these times of rising glory  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know any flags that might assist in keeping GPU temps down with a small sacrifice to the hash rate? Its very hot where I live during the day and I noticed regardless if I run cgminer with low aggression and low thread concurrency the temp is the same as with higher settings.

Im running 2x 7950's with no flags at the moment just the profile in guiminer

Im not sure but try the --help-tag. I believe i have read a command yesterday where you can set a target temperature. But im not sure if that only adjusts the fan or if it toggles down the gpu as well when it gets too hot. Maybe i remember wrong
On the other hand... you could try to undervolt your gpu for less heat. If it doesnt work via software you can use nibitor. But be cautious with it before using it and read about the dangers.
Out of curiosity, what is your monitor setup?

Well its a bit weird really. I've got my rig in my garage, and I control it and access it via remote desktop on my mac. Thought it would be better because then I wouldn't waste power with a monitor.
Activity: 239

I'm pretty confused with this because I haven't done anything that would cause this. The only thing that I've done today is add my second GPU into my rig. I've got 2 5850's running at the moment.

Secondly, for some reason there are no temps being shown in cgminer any more. Anyone know why this is, and how I can get them back? Kind of makes it difficult to monitor Wink

Out of curiosity, what is your monitor setup?

Activity: 239
 [2013-04-03 21:19:29] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1124.2)
Sounds like that's it ...

I'll take a look at this today after work.

Is there a reason that the AMD SDK APP I'm trying to install isn't properly taking hold? It appears to install and go through the entire install process and report as success but it looks like its still not the right now. Would you recommend a particular SDK?
legendary
Think for yourself
or CGminer stealing k/h for some backdoor pool?  Huh

Really?!?!

Don't be such a Drama Queen.
legendary
Think for yourself
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know any flags that might assist in keeping GPU temps down with a small sacrifice to the hash rate? Its very hot where I live during the day and I noticed regardless if I run cgminer with low aggression and low thread concurrency the temp is the same as with higher settings.

Reduce --gpu-engine limits

You can also reduce your temp target.  Read the executive summary in the first post for examples.  What temp are your GPU's running?  Mine are around 74C with a target of 75C.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
No one for help?
Most likely your driver version is the problem ...
But you haven't provided any useful information.
Could even just be a setting you've used ...

Here, want to help on a problem with documentation? try this...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1711097

The problem is not the card as it was working before and is currently working under a different kernel.  As long as lspci can see the card I can use it... except on this one machine which is driving crazy.

Happy to try another OS though my experience with Ubuntu was that lspci didn't show multiple cards (same problem I'm having with Centos 6.4).  I know I have had cgminer operating under centos 6.3 with all gpu's operating on a multi card system and as I say I f'd up when I upgraded to 6.4.

Where is there some log file that can give more info?  ANY advice appreciated.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hello. Latest CGminer shows that my 7950 runs at about 650 k/h, but mining pools (i tried 4) show in stats (and pays so) that i make only about 150-200 k/h.
But if i use Reaper, pool stats shows real 600-650 k/h (and pays). So what it means? Technical problems, or CGminer stealing k/h for some backdoor pool?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hi Guys,

Reduce --gpu-engine limits
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Hi Guys,

legendary
 [2013-04-03 21:19:29] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1124.2)
Sounds like that's it ...
legendary
No one for help?
Most likely your driver version is the problem ...
But you haven't provided any useful information.
Could even just be a setting you've used ...
Jump to: