Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 487. (Read 5805546 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
While I see r-pi listed in the subject, I see no instructions or downloads provided. Am I missing something?

stock 700mhz ARM gets right around 118Kh/s.
You  do not mine with the hardware itself... you use it to attach FPGAs to mine with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
While I see r-pi listed in the subject, I see no instructions or downloads provided. Am I missing something?

I think it was more of a statement, "cgminer works on a Pi" like "cgminer works on Windows". I personally have many BFLs on several Pi, for which it works rather well.  Actually mining with it, not so much.

i got my 2nd pi in the mailbox last week. at the moment i got some problems with wireless under raspbian. want to drive my ztex single and ztex quad with it anytime soon... :-D
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.

I think it was more of a statement, "cgminer works on a Pi" like "cgminer works on Windows". I personally have many BFLs on several Pi, for which it works rather well.  Actually mining with it, not so much.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
well... if someone would reverse engineer the videocore there might be a possibility to write a shader for sha256 mining on the raspberry pi. but without broadcom opening the videocore that wont happen...

EDIT: on my 1100MHz arm seagate dockstar its about 200Kh/s
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.

EEEeeeerrrrr...
Activity: 467
Merit: 250

For Raspbian, my steps went something like this:

install required parts:
sudo bash
apt-get install build-essential git dh-autoreconf libcurl4-gnutls-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-dev libncurses-dev libudev-dev yasm screen

grab latest version:
cd /usr/src
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
cd cgminer

tell it to configure itself
bash ./autogen.sh --enable-scrypt --enable-bitforce --enable-icarus  --enable-modminer --enable-ztex --with-libudev

upon successful configure with no errors, compile it
make all

upon successful compile, run in "benchmark" mode to make sure it's alive
./cgminer --benchmark

[edit: added libudev-dev - thx for pointing out the miss]
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Thanks kano, --no-restart worked, you are right, the fan reading on gpu 3 fails, even though
all three cards are 5970s, so there is actually just 1 fan on each card..

Strange that it works with card 0 and card 2, but not card 1 ?!

Maybe a BIOS error of the card ??

I actually only have the problem on this particular rig..

here a screenshot:
http://imageshack.us/a/img685/3752/bildschirmfoto20120927u.png
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I tried to update an old rig from 2.4.2 to 2.7.6 but 2.7.6 just hangs after the pool messages and does nothing..

I can abort with CTRL-C.. The old 2.4.2 runs fine though ?!

Here is a log:

http://pastebin.com/ACe6QDi9

I can see no problems there either, but cgminer is not "switching" into the "normal" view with the cards, it just sits at the pool "overview", saying that the pool is alive and does nothing else..

Up to the point below it looks fine ... has found and accepted shares ... but then:
Code:
[2012-09-27 13:57:38] Attempting to restart cgminer 2.7.6
In the current code that's only called by
1) You press S C Y
2) You send a restart to the API
3) Getting GPU fan speed fails

Thus it must be 3) (1 and 2 aren't possible in that log) and somehow it can't access your fan info for one of your GPUs

Maybe --gpu-map is required to fix it?

Using --no-restart will show that is the cause of the problem - but not fix the actual problem.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I tried to update an old rig from 2.4.2 to 2.7.6 but 2.7.6 just hangs after the pool messages and does nothing..

I can abort with CTRL-C.. The old 2.4.2 runs fine though ?!

Here is a log:

http://pastebin.com/ACe6QDi9

I can see no problems there either, but cgminer is not "switching" into the "normal" view with the cards, it just sits at the pool "overview", saying that the pool is alive and does nothing else..
legendary
The only thing about the loop is don't restart cgminer from in cgminer settings restart. It will stop cgminer then cgminer itself restarts it and the loop keeps trying to start cgminer giving you no devices restarting message in the middle of cgminer working messages. Aside from that it works and is about what I do.

This will not set realtime but will show how to set a delay.
No need for cash. Was super easy to setup. You can set any options you like mine are there yours likely wont have --disable-gpu.

Code:
:Loop
cgminer.exe --disable-gpu --api-allow 127.0.0.1 --api-listen
ping -n 15 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1
GOTO Loop

ping -n 15 blah blah blah the 15 is the time in seconds for the delay. Seems accurate enough. It pings home every second.

Or with a little more added Smiley

Code:
@echo off
REM cgminer
Set NOW=%date:~10,4%%date:~7,2%%date:~4,2%.%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%
cgminer -G --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,R:192.168.0.0/24 --api-description Windoze 2> "run.%NOW%.log"
echo Sleeping for 5 seconds
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 > NUL
GOTO Loop

So you get a log of each run also like my linux script
(of course set 192.168.0.0 to match you network - and also set it to W: instead of R: if you want to allow cgminer control from other computers on the same network)
legendary
Found a small bug. If send a request gpurestart|0 by API, cgminer very much starts to load the CPU ~ 100%.
GPU restart isn't always going to work in all situations.

Unless there is a code bug and you've found an infinite loop - it's most likely a driver issues and if you find with your driver version+card it's problematic - don't use it.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Waiting for Stratum support too.
Regarding stratum, I have been working on it. It is very much a non-trivial task to do in c so it's taking a while and I'm progressing very slowly and cautiously. Furthermore, the work generation is totally orthogonal to the current cgminer network scheduler I spent so much time creating, so it needs to rip great big holes into the current code to circumvent it. There's a stratum branch in my git tree if people want a peek but it's just code in progress and unusable.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Sent a donation. Just started using CGMiner. Waiting for Stratum support too.

I will have my new static IP in a couple days. Will have ftp up if you would like me to host your miner files. I am on a 100/25 connection. Should be good enough. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

06e4aade4ab6d34acb8692b5ca542d036823143de2c0e336c2fb35d139f2a089
Much appreciate the donation Smiley

My own server is not a problem, it's me sending heaps of uploads there that is the rate limiting step and no matter where I send them the same issue occurs. Thanks though.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is there a way to make mining on a PC that has a AMD 7950 and Intel HD Graphics possible?

My Motherboard is a Z68, I would like to connect 1 or 2 Computer Displays to the HDMI and DVI on Z68 motherboard and 1 or 2 displays to my AMD 7950.

When I start Cgminer it says too many gpus or something along those lines.
Yes there is, but you will need to use a combination of parameters to these options: -d, --remove-disabled, --gpu-platform and --gpu-map. Start with 'cgminer -n' to read  what cgminer finds and then read the advanced section on gpu-map in the readme.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
any miners like CGMiner able to switch to a pool when rejects on one go significantly above average?
cgminer switches if it encounters 3 minutes of continuous rejects
Activity: 756
any miners like CGMiner able to switch to a pool when rejects on one go significantly above average?
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
The only thing about the loop is don't restart cgminer from in cgminer settings restart. It will stop cgminer then cgminer itself restarts it and the loop keeps trying to start cgminer giving you no devices restarting message in the middle of cgminer working messages. Aside from that it works and is about what I do.

This will not set realtime but will show how to set a delay.
No need for cash. Was super easy to setup. You can set any options you like mine are there yours likely wont have --disable-gpu.

Code:
cgminer.exe --disable-gpu --api-allow 127.0.0.1 --api-listen
ping -n 15 127.0.0.1 > NUL 2>&1
GOTO Loop

ping -n 15 blah blah blah the 15 is the time in seconds for the delay. Seems accurate enough. It pings home every second.
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Is this something that can be done in windows 7 64bit? whit some program/scripts that loop and restart would be great..........When cgminer stop mining for some reason..........pool or others...........
Also i use task manager to set priority 2 real-time. ist there a permanent way to do that?
i have C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe

You could try a starting cgminer with a BAT-File:
Code:
:here
START /B /WAIT /REALTIME C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe
GOTO here
The only thing missing is a delay.
I have not tested this. Maybe it doesn't work like I think it works.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
I've set up my own script to do exactly what you wanna do.
PM me. I'd be glad to help and assist you for 2 BTC Cheesy
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Try my akbash

[/quote]

i will try the new akbash, but tried the old version seems I am to dumb to get it working

Regards Testit
Jump to: