Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 484. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Thanks Kano!
Yes i have noticed that this is not causing problems. It is not USB issue since dmesg shows nothing about USB unplug/plug events.
By the way this is debug version as you suggested, but still no core dumps:)
Best
Well the change is in my git and hopefully it will make it go away Smiley
In my Icarus branch at the moment:
 https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/tree/icarus
and the pull request:
 https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/316
(I've had it running a lot of the day on my Icarus rig)
legendary
Hope you'll find it, let me know if I can help you any further Smiley
Failed to find it trying to force GPU HW errors
I've made some more changes related to Icarus HW error handling - so now they are done (and awaiting to go into the git) I'll try find the cause of the GPU spin.
So, if you have time, I would greatly appreciate if you could drop by IRC again and help
Thanks
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Just to make sure I have understood correct, this is possible (?):

2 Computer display are connected to HDMI and DVI on Z68 motherboard (Intel i5 with Intel HD2000 or HD3000).
2 Computer display are connected to HDMI and DVI on AMD 7950 GPU.

I should be able to mine on the 7950 with intensity d and be able to use 4 display in Windows 7 while mining?

Should yes, but it will take some experimenting to get the parameters correct.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is there a way to make mining on a PC that has a AMD 7950 and Intel HD Graphics possible?

My Motherboard is a Z68, I would like to connect 1 or 2 Computer Displays to the HDMI and DVI on Z68 motherboard and 1 or 2 displays to my AMD 7950.

When I start Cgminer it says too many gpus or something along those lines.
Yes there is, but you will need to use a combination of parameters to these options: -d, --remove-disabled, --gpu-platform and --gpu-map. Start with 'cgminer -n' to read  what cgminer finds and then read the advanced section on gpu-map in the readme.

So this allows me to use the 7950 to mining when it's not doing much in windows 7?
I can have 2 displays connected to 7950 and 2 displays connected to Z68 HD3000 and just before I start gaming I just disable 7950 in cgminer?

Obviously primary display in windows 7 needs to be connected to 7950 so that games start on 7950.
If you set the 7950 to dynamic intensity mode, you will be able to game without a problem without needing to disable it.

Just to make sure I have understood correct, this is possible (?):

2 Computer display are connected to HDMI and DVI on Z68 motherboard (Intel i5 with Intel HD2000 or HD3000).
2 Computer display are connected to HDMI and DVI on AMD 7950 GPU.

I should be able to mine on the 7950 with intensity d and be able to use 4 display in Windows 7 while mining?
legendary
I've been running into an error recently with the latest version of CGMiner that has resulted in client crashes on my two boxes. Both are Win32 mining scrypt, one uses a 5870 the other a 6870.

The issue I'm running into is that CGMiner starts to mine successfully for a bit then I start seeing "time-too-old" errors and Hardware Errors start shooting up to the point where cgminer crashes. I don't see this same behavior in 2.6.4, only in the latest 2.7.x branch.

Below is a screen shot of the issue. Any help isolating the problem is greatly appreciated! Smiley

Thanks in advance!

cgminer --scrypt -o http://thepool:8332 -u USER -p PASS --worksize 256 --shaders 1120 -g 1 --intensity 19 -d 1

http://i.imgur.com/2uyU5.png

55,378 hardware errors and -I 19 should really have already told you that you need to at LEAST reduce the intensity ...
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
A good compression/archival program is not exactly a special piece of software.  If it is too difficult for you maybe you should just turn your computer off and take it back to Wal-Mart.

Seems pretty special to me, What use would a mining rig have for it otherwise? Installing it on your main pc is one thing. If your trying to convince me that installing a secondary program on numerous pc's, to save a 3mb download is a good deal. Give it a rest.

Why would you need to do that?  Can't download to the file server, extract it, then copy it to other machines on the LAN?

Resting,
Sam
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Are you kidding me?

It makes sense because it creates an archive 1/3 the size of a .zip file.  Enough said. 

It's about half the size, either way it's a one second download.

It's not as much about your download time as it is about the storage space that the author has to pay for.
Sam
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Yes I know about this one - it's been there since the beginning.
It's actually almost certainly a hardware issue.

Since Icarus never actually reported HW errors until I changed it leading up to 2.7.6, no one ever noticed it was happening.
You will notice that it doesn't actually cause a problem - the quick spin in the code fixes itself once the Icarus goes back to returning shares properly.

I had thought of a fix for this before but I haven't implemented it coz it didn't seem eloquent - I did think of a much better idea yesterday but have yet to implement it.

Anyway, as you can see - you can ignore it until I get to changing the code to identify the hardware problem (it's simple now that I've thought of a better solution) and hopefully that will fix it
We'll see after that if the problem goes away
Oddly, it happens on both Icarus and CM1 even though it's probably a USB problem and they have different USB UARTs

There is one other unusual (rare - one in 4billion shares) situation I can think of that might be related - so if the fix doesn't solve it, I'll have to read up in detail about how the bitstream handles that other rare issue and see if that can cause the spin
Thanks Kano!
Yes i have noticed that this is not causing problems. It is not USB issue since dmesg shows nothing about USB unplug/plug events.
By the way this is debug version as you suggested, but still no core dumps:)
Best
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
I've been running into an error recently with the latest version of CGMiner that has resulted in client crashes on my two boxes. Both are Win32 mining scrypt, one uses a 5870 the other a 6870.

The issue I'm running into is that CGMiner starts to mine successfully for a bit then I start seeing "time-too-old" errors and Hardware Errors start shooting up to the point where cgminer crashes. I don't see this same behavior in 2.6.4, only in the latest 2.7.x branch.

Below is a screen shot of the issue. Any help isolating the problem is greatly appreciated! Smiley

Thanks in advance!

cgminer --scrypt -o http://thepool:8332 -u USER -p PASS --worksize 256 --shaders 1120 -g 1 --intensity 19 -d 1

legendary
Hello,
There might be Hardware error counter bug present

I am running  cgminer 2.7.6

From time to times HW error counter increases in 7K for 5 minutes

The same board was having HW errors like 200-300 After 5 mins it showed 7030. It seems to me that something is looping inside. It is just not possible to Accept 7000 Shares (as of my understanding how cgminer works) for 5 mins. Is that true?

PGA   Name   ID   Enabled   Status   Temperature   MHS av   MHS 5s   Accepted   Rejected   Hardware Errors   Utility   Last Share Pool   Last Share Time   Total MH   Frequency   Diff1 Work   Difficulty Accepted   Difficulty Rejected   Last Share Difficulty

3   ICA   3   Y   Alive   0.00°C   378.59   378.81   10,910   6   7030   5.39/m   0   17:50:04   45,954,053.6439   0.00   17,955   10910.00000000   6.00000000   1.00000000

Best
Yes I know about this one - it's been there since the beginning.
It's actually almost certainly a hardware issue.

Since Icarus never actually reported HW errors until I changed it leading up to 2.7.6, no one ever noticed it was happening.
You will notice that it doesn't actually cause a problem - the quick spin in the code fixes itself once the Icarus goes back to returning shares properly.

I had thought of a fix for this before but I haven't implemented it coz it didn't seem eloquent - I did think of a much better idea yesterday but have yet to implement it.

Anyway, as you can see - you can ignore it until I get to changing the code to identify the hardware problem (it's simple now that I've thought of a better solution) and hopefully that will fix it
We'll see after that if the problem goes away
Oddly, it happens on both Icarus and CM1 even though it's probably a USB problem and they have different USB UARTs

There is one other unusual (rare - one in 2billion shares) situation I can think of that might be related - so if the fix doesn't solve it, I'll have to read up in detail about how the bitstream handles that other rare issue and see if that can cause the spin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Hello,
There might be Hardware error counter bug present

I am running  cgminer 2.7.6

From time to times HW error counter increases in 7K for 5 minutes

The same board was having HW errors like 200-300 After 5 mins it showed 7030. It seems to me that something is looping inside. It is just not possible to Accept 7000 Shares (as of my understanding how cgminer works) for 5 mins. Is that true?

PGA   Name   ID   Enabled   Status   Temperature   MHS av   MHS 5s   Accepted   Rejected   Hardware Errors   Utility   Last Share Pool   Last Share Time   Total MH   Frequency   Diff1 Work   Difficulty Accepted   Difficulty Rejected   Last Share Difficulty

3   ICA   3   Y   Alive   0.00°C   378.59   378.81   10,910   6   7030   5.39/m   0   17:50:04   45,954,053.6439   0.00   17,955   10910.00000000   6.00000000   1.00000000

Best
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Is there even a normal zip of the new cgminer on here? I feel like throwing my computer through the wall every time I come here, for the new update.
Use 7-zip - it's free and you won't be breaking the winzip license like almost everyone does with winzip ...
http://www.7-zip.org/

Why would you be breaking the license? It's a free download. Installing a new compression software on a dozen computers for no purpose, is absurd.

So wait, you're happy to go to great lengths to set up your hardware to mine, install special software for it to do so, drivers sdk etc and configure them, and then you're happy to download my free software from my website that I pay for for you to have free unrestricted access to, and you're complaining because you have to install 7z?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Installing a special compression software for no purpose, is a waste of time. While I appreciate your efforts, I don't owe you anything. If your looking for compensation put a remote access app in the app store or something. Jumping through hoops just to satisfy someones ego is not on my agenda. It might make sense, if you gained something by using it.

Here's a zip copy. So no need to install 7z on every mining rig.
http://www.fileserve.com/file/9S2RQxa/cgminer-2.7.6-win32.zip

Well, no one here owes you anything either; so STFU and use some other software to mine since obviously it is way too much work for you to handle.

He already answered why he uses 7zip over Zip (better compression).

From what you have typed, I am guessing that you are rather young. Since spankings are not allowed in most countries anymore, you probably need a time out.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Mining doesn't do too much without at least some form of reasonable network Smiley

That's why I figured you should be able to deploy it all remotely.

M
legendary
Mining doesn't do too much without at least some form of reasonable network Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
You said USB key.  There are inherent dangers with doing that, not to mention it requires walking around. Smiley

M
Yeah, how else are you going to get it onto the other machines? Dangers?

I said network share.  That's assuming you can reach your miners via network.. which may be a false assumption.

There is plenty of malware that is USB key aware.  I'd hesitate to use a USB key anywhere except for absolutely trusted sources. 

M
legendary
Is it possible to intercept cgminer in some way when it hangs and restart it? Every couple of days, cgminer just hangs...
Stop and start it daily?
I (and others) have posted a linux script and a windows batch file to run cgminer in a loop over and over again.
You can either have the API on and send a 'quit' to it once a day or work out how many shares you should produce on average per day and get cgminer to exit after generating that many shares (--shares N)

1GH/s should generate on average a bit over 20,000 1-difficulty shares a day.

The current calculation is, however, based on shares, not 1-difficulty shares, so if there's a need to change that to 1-difficulty shares (or a need to not change that) speak up Smiley
Activity: 349
Is it possible to intercept cgminer in some way when it hangs and restart it? Every couple of days, cgminer just hangs...
Activity: 322
Also, that little echo script thing you have goin on is mega cute bro. Mad props.

Yeah, I like it too.  I made an echo notice based on Kano's script.

Code:
@echo off

:Loop
cls
color 0C
REM NOW=YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS
REM file name = "miner-session.%NOW%.log"

Set NOW=%date:~10,4%-%date:~4,2%-%date:~7,2%_%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%%time:~6,2%

cgminer --scrypt -I 12,16 -g 1 --shaders 800,1120 --no-submit-stale --auto-fan --gpu-fan 0-99,20-80 --auto-gpu --gpu-engine 800-925,820-900 --gpu-memclock 1050,1000 --temp-target 77,79 --temp-overheat 80,85 --temp-cutoff 90,95 -o http://litecoinpool.org:9332 -u Panda.1 -p 12345 --failover-only -o http://notroll.in:6332 -u Panda.failover1 -p 12345  2> "miner-session.%NOW%.log"

REM use these to enable the API stuff...
REM --api-network --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.0.0/24 --api-description DoubleTrouble
cls
@color 02
@echo - - - - - - - - - - - -
@echo    cgMiner has quit.
@echo Auto restarting in 15 sec
@echo.
@echo If you want to cancel
@echo the restart, press:
@echo.
@echo   Ctrl+C, Y, ENTER

@echo Waiting for user input

@ping -n 15 127.0.0.1 > NUL
GOTO Loop

It gives me time to quit the endless loop, time to read the notice, etc.  Somehow "@echo off" doesn't work, i keep seeing "echo" in the output, so that's why I also @ the other echos.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
So set up a windows or SMB share depending on what you run. Use a NAS box for it whatever. Just put the uncompressed version on the network they are all on. At least I assume they aren't scattered all over the globe. If they are you could always use a VPN to get to your data. It isn't hard to get to the uncompressed file if you really want to and having 7z on ONE computer to extract it and copy to a NETWORK ACCESSABLE location isn't hard. Remote file access isn't so hard. I suppose sneaker-net is a little slow but it does work too.

Just seems silly to me to complain about a decompression program that doesn't have to be installed on more then one computer to decompress the files. Granted then you couldn't download it directly from Cons server for every mining rig you have.

Still to me it seems trivially simple to do. I don't know how your network is setup but the fastest IP host I have ever personally used was maybe 10% of my network throughput for wired connections. Granted that was a University after hours and I think we could hit 85MB/s downstream. It was also over 15 years ago bu most people don't pay for that kind of dedicated connection. The file is trivially small, decompressing is fast. Copying locally is far faster then extracting several places. At least for me.
Activity: 392
Are you kidding me?

It makes sense because it creates an archive 1/3 the size of a .zip file.  Enough said. 

It's about half the size, either way it's a one second download.

A good compression/archival program is not exactly a special piece of software.  If it is too difficult for you maybe you should just turn your computer off and take it back to Wal-Mart.

Seems pretty special to me, What use would a mining rig have for it otherwise? Installing it on your main pc is one thing. If your trying to convince me that installing a secondary program on numerous pc's, to save a 3mb download is a good deal. Give it a rest.
Jump to: