Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 489. (Read 5805546 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I am confused Cheesy
Which one of those or they are equal?

./configure CFLAGS='-ggdb -O0'

OR
CFLAGS="-g -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh

Just ignore him - he's trying (unsuccessfully) to get a bigger e-penis Tongue
Just use it the way I said.

The main reason for using "./autogen, make clean, make" is that it will also work every time you update your folder from git or copy new files into the same old directory

If you just use ./configure and not use make clean you will sometimes get problems.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
I am confused Cheesy
Which one of those or they are equal?

OR
CFLAGS="-g -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh

legendary
Thank You
I will post the resulsts when crashes again
--enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer --enable-scrypt - Can i skip those since i am not using them?
I use Icarus and GPU only?
Thank you!
I will definitely use that script. Can you advise me how to  compile -g and without -O2. Probably after ./autogen.sh Makefile shall be changed or?

Best
CFLAGS="-g -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh --enable-icarus --enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer --enable-scrypt
make clean
make
Yeah they are just the extras to enable all devices - you only need the ones that match all of your devices

If you do get a crash and want to find out where it crashed:

There will be a core.nnn file (where nnn is the process number) or:
ls -ort core*

Then with the last core file:
gdb cgminer core.nnn
bt

and of course many other gdb commands ... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Can you advise me how to  compile -g and without -O2. Probably after ./autogen.sh Makefile shall be changed or?

Be careful not to mix up the uppercase "oh" and the zero following it.
legendary
Thank You
I will post the resulsts when crashes again
--enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer --enable-scrypt - Can i skip those since i am not using them?
I use Icarus and GPU only?
Thank you!
I will definitely use that script. Can you advise me how to  compile -g and without -O2. Probably after ./autogen.sh Makefile shall be changed or?

Best
CFLAGS="-g -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh --enable-icarus --enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer --enable-scrypt
make clean
make
legendary
Thank you!
I will definitely use that script. Can you advise me how to  compile -g and without -O2. Probably after ./autogen.sh Makefile shall be changed or?

Best
make clean
make
legendary
Thank you!

Best
Does somebody have similar issues and if yes what can be done to resolve them?

And as always it happens at night:) I know that it can happen randomly but never during day Sad
I run my cgminer in a loop
http://pastebin.com/Z4pG26uF
(my cgminer is just another script 'cgminer.sh' that runs cgminer with the options I want)

Thus if it ever crashes, it leaves a core and then restarts

Do something like that - if it actually crashes - so it just restarts (with a 5 second sleep)

Obviously, in my case, I certainly want this to help find bugs and help with fixing them
(so I also compile -g and without -O2) but yeah it makes it easy to find bugs and also keep mining
legendary

And as always it happens at night:) I know that it can happen randomly but never during day Sad
I run my cgminer in a loop
http://pastebin.com/Z4pG26uF
(my cgminer is just another script 'cgminer.sh' that runs cgminer with the options I want)

Thus if it ever crashes, it leaves a core and then restarts

Do something like that - if it actually crashes - so it just restarts (with a 5 second sleep)

Obviously, in my case, I certainly want this to help find bugs and help with fixing them
(so I also compile -g and without -O2) but yeah it makes it easy to find bugs and also keep mining
legendary
Guy's
I am using xubuntu with
Linux GA-990FXA-UD7 3.2.0-31-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:16:45 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[   16.525219] [fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 8.96.4

cgminer 2.7.6  compiled from git - same happened with old versions

From time to times cgminer core dumps
logs showed that:

Sep 25 01:13:11 GA-990FXA-UD7 kernel: [11323.856292] do_general_protection: 42 callbacks suppressed
Sep 25 01:13:11 GA-990FXA-UD7 kernel: [11323.856302] cgminer[2736] general protection ip:40d326 sp:7fc0f665be70 error:0 in cgminer[400000+40000]

legendary
Is there even a normal zip of the new cgminer on here? I feel like throwing my computer through the wall every time I come here, for the new update.
Use 7-zip - it's free and you won't be breaking the winzip license like almost everyone does with winzip ...
http://www.7-zip.org/

windows has had .zip support built in for ages.  no need to use .7z.

M
Yeah that's what I mentioned in my 2nd post before this Smiley
But a lot of people still do install WinZip anyway - though maybe coz they want to do more than just extract zip files ...

Anyway - OpenSource FTW Smiley
legendary
OpenSource even allows people to waste everyone's time and make their own personal forks Cheesy
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b9df56511c7bd1a2e1f075e9c184c1a4b0f1ba20
OMG, the only change he did is.... change all "cgMiner" to "bfgMiner" and "ckolivas" to "luke-jr"
Hm... looks like I can finally release my cool, new, better, faster, improved ravMiner 2.8 Tongue
It's good practice to only change one thing per commit - in that case, the branding. If you want to see a complete comparison between cgminer and bfgminer, click this link.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Is there even a normal zip of the new cgminer on here? I feel like throwing my computer through the wall every time I come here, for the new update.
Use 7-zip - it's free and you won't be breaking the winzip license like almost everyone does with winzip ...

M

Who the heck uses Winzip anymore?!?!?  Supporters of bloatware I guess.

The .zip implementation in Windoze doesn't do .7z format.  7Zip is a great archiver/compression utility and is cross platform.  I would highly recommend it.
Sam
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
FWIW, BFGMiner still provides normal ZIPs so you don't need any 3rd party software just to extract it.
Many people just install WinZip and break the license, even though it's not necessary, if you only want to extract zip archives Sad

It's better to promote open source software than to promote breaking licenses and removing copyrights and that sort of stuff ...

And 7zip even understands RAR, so no WinRAR license to break as well...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

M
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
FWIW, BFGMiner still provides normal ZIPs so you don't need any 3rd party software just to extract it.
Many people just install WinZip and break the license, even though it's not necessary, if you only want to extract zip archives Sad

It's better to promote open source software than to promote breaking licenses and removing copyrights and that sort of stuff ...

OpenSource even allows people to waste everyone's time and make their own personal forks Cheesy
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/b9df56511c7bd1a2e1f075e9c184c1a4b0f1ba20
OMG, the only change he did is.... change all "cgMiner" to "bfgMiner" and "ckolivas" to "luke-jr"
Hm... looks like I can finally release my cool, new, better, faster, improved ravMiner 2.8 Tongue
legendary

Activity: 383

What is this, recess at elementary school? Mine is better than yours. Nana nana boo boo stick your head in doo doo.  Grow the @#$% up Luke-Jr.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 392
Jump to: