Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 488. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Does somebody have similar issues and if yes what can be done to resolve them?

And as always it happens at night:) I know that it can happen randomly but never during day Sad
I run my cgminer in a loop
http://pastebin.com/Z4pG26uF
(my cgminer is just another script 'cgminer.sh' that runs cgminer with the options I want)

Thus if it ever crashes, it leaves a core and then restarts

Do something like that - if it actually crashes - so it just restarts (with a 5 second sleep)

Obviously, in my case, I certainly want this to help find bugs and help with fixing them
(so I also compile -g and without -O2) but yeah it makes it easy to find bugs and also keep mining

Is this something that can be done in windows 7 64bit? whit some program/scripts that loop and restart would be great..........When cgminer stop mining for some reason..........pool or others...........
Also i use task manager to set priority 2 real-time. ist there a permanent way to do that?

i have C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe

anyone know? i can offer 2btc for working solution

PS you are doing great work kano & ckolivas

Regards Testit

Activity: 497
Merit: 500
Ok if you need the HD7950 for gaming you can't mine on it at the same time without a noticeable lag.  Disable lucid MVP and connect a cable to your mobo and then use just HD3000 for gaming. Mine on the 7950.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Very possible. Mine on the 7950 and use the HD3000 or HD4000 for your display.

Well I tried but for mining to work I had to disable the HD3000 in BIOS.
Or do you mean that I need to not have any display connected to the AMD 7950 and just use the Intel for display?

I'm a gamer and need one display to my 7950 Smiley
Very possible. Mine on the 7950 and use the HD3000 or HD4000 for your display.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is there a way to make mining on a PC that has a AMD 7950 and Intel HD Graphics possible?

My Motherboard is a Z68, I would like to connect 1 or 2 Computer Displays to the HDMI and DVI on Z68 motherboard and 1 or 2 displays to my AMD 7950.

When I start Cgminer it says too many gpus or something along those lines.
Sent a donation. Just started using CGMiner. Waiting for Stratum support too.

I will have my new static IP in a couple days. Will have ftp up if you would like me to host your miner files. I am on a 100/25 connection. Should be good enough. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

06e4aade4ab6d34acb8692b5ca542d036823143de2c0e336c2fb35d139f2a089
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 1100
Found a small bug. If send a request gpurestart|0 by API, cgminer very much starts to load the CPU ~ 100%.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Thanks! Would you like a .zip uploaded for your donation? Wink

Nope, I actually like 7-Zip.  I think it's easier to use then WinZip.  Your mention about your cost's on hosting the web site just reminded me to send something.
Thanks for your effort.
Sam
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Is there even a normal zip of the new cgminer on here? I feel like throwing my computer through the wall every time I come here, for the new update.
Use 7-zip - it's free and you won't be breaking the winzip license like almost everyone does with winzip ...
http://www.7-zip.org/

Why would you be breaking the license? It's a free download. Installing a new compression software on a dozen computers for no purpose, is absurd.

So wait, you're happy to go to great lengths to set up your hardware to mine, install special software for it to do so, drivers sdk etc and configure them, and then you're happy to download my free software from my website that I pay for for you to have free unrestricted access to, and you're complaining because you have to install 7z?

It sounds so bad when you say it Smiley.  I prefer .arc by the way.

Sending another BTC just because I haven't in a while.
Thanks,
Sam
Thanks! Would you like a .zip uploaded for your donation? Wink
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is there even a normal zip of the new cgminer on here? I feel like throwing my computer through the wall every time I come here, for the new update.
Use 7-zip - it's free and you won't be breaking the winzip license like almost everyone does with winzip ...

windows has had .zip support built in for ages.  no need to use .7z.

M

Who the heck uses Winzip anymore?!?!?  Supporters of bloatware I guess.

The .zip implementation in Windoze doesn't do .7z format.  7Zip is a great archiver/compression utility and is cross platform.  I would highly recommend it.
Sam

Don't get me wrong.  I like 7zip's compression as much as any other geek.  (I also think the UI has lots of room for improvement, which is irrelevant here.)

But above all, not everyone is a techie.  We're not talking much size difference put making a windows compatible .zip vs a .7z file.  You can even use 7zip to make it if you want.  Using windows .zip makes it more accessible to others.

M
I'm well aware and that's why I used to compress it with zip, but with bitstreams on fpgas making the archive so goddman large, it is an inconvenience and it does use up bandwidth when I'm not on a fast wire to the server itself. The 7z archive is about 1/3 the size of the zip.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

windows has had .zip support built in for ages.  no need to use .7z.

M

Who the heck uses Winzip anymore?!?!?  Supporters of bloatware I guess.

The .zip implementation in Windoze doesn't do .7z format.  7Zip is a great archiver/compression utility and is cross platform.  I would highly recommend it.
Sam

Don't get me wrong.  I like 7zip's compression as much as any other geek.  (I also think the UI has lots of room for improvement, which is irrelevant here.)

But above all, not everyone is a techie.  We're not talking much size difference put making a windows compatible .zip vs a .7z file.  You can even use 7zip to make it if you want.  Using windows .zip makes it more accessible to others.

M
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Why would you be breaking the license? It's a free download. Installing a new compression software on a dozen computers for no purpose, is absurd.

So wait, you're happy to go to great lengths to set up your hardware to mine, install special software for it to do so, drivers sdk etc and configure them, and then you're happy to download my free software from my website that I pay for for you to have free unrestricted access to, and you're complaining because you have to install 7z?

It sounds so bad when you say it Smiley.  I prefer .arc by the way.

Sending another BTC just because I haven't in a while.
Thanks,
Sam
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
It still works, but the current cgminer is much nicer with connections all round anyway so I doubt anyone will require this option unless they have a router that only allows something like 8 concurrent connections.

Thanks.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Is the --net-delay option still useful with the latest version of cgminer?

Thanks,
gigavps

Still active in the README

It still works, but the current cgminer is much nicer with connections all round anyway so I doubt anyone will require this option unless they have a router that only allows something like 8 concurrent connections.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
It looks normal to me, after a while it should start spamming accepted shares and longpool messages.
I'd waited 3 minutes, it still stayed at that screen.
Delete/rename cgminer.conf and try just:
Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -I 12 -o http://127.0.0.1:9327 -u abc -p 123
Then save options and edit config file:
Code:
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"queue" : "0",
for p2pool Smiley

I try:
 cgminer.exe --scrypt -I 12 -o http://127.0.0.1:9327 -u abc -p 123
at a HD6470M machine, it runs successfully.
thus, I think that HD4650 coused the problem, maybe HD4650 does not support scrypt.
Activity: 988

Thanks,
gigavps

Still active in the README
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

Thanks,
gigavps
legendary
Activity: 1610
Guy’s,
I do not want to start a fight here. Thank you very much for your help! I will send my dump file when I have it so you can investigate it in case you want to Wink
Jump to: