Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 504. (Read 5805546 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
This thread is getting Very long
Yes it is, and we shall carry on making it longer.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey

This thread is getting Very long
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hey All! Thanks for creating an absolutely incredible mining program. You all rock!

I'm writing a monitoring program for my miner, I've IP address restricted access to the port, but I was wondering if there is any way of providing a password on access?

Cheers!
There have been other suggestions, but assuming you use Linux you could limit the access only to localhost and then use stunnel or ssh with port forwarding to setup secure connections to the miner.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

You're welcome. Now could you get hardware error counting fixed?  Pretty please?
I'm running a debug version of it (yet again) since yesterday trying to find the cause of the loop (that doesn't really cause any problems but I need to know why first Tongue)

(I ran it for 3 or 4 days before and couldn't get the error to happen again)

If you (or anyone else) has enough CM1's, I can give you a binary that will turn on the debug when it hits 2000 HW errors and thus give me the debug that will probably say why it gets into the loop (and also gets out of it so it doesn't actually cause any problems)
... though I did a minor change yesterday ... but no idea if that is the cause ... bit not likely

Though I guess I should chase up spiccioli now since he was the one who regularly had the same error I've so far only had once.
legendary
Hey All! Thanks for creating an absolutely incredible mining program. You all rock!

I'm writing a monitoring program for my miner, I've IP address restricted access to the port, but I was wondering if there is any way of providing a password on access?

Cheers!
No ... and clear text passwords make most people think something that isn't true (and shouldn't exist in any system)
Curl isn't available for the API since that would clash with cgminer using it with the pools and possibly cause problems there.
Any other encryption requires code at both ends ... though since curl allows ssl and requires an ssl library I guess that library could make it simple at the miner end - but complicate the monitor end.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

Cheers!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?
I am currently on latest cgminer (2.7.4), mining with p2pool (3.1)...
Since 2.7.x CGMINER uses all my CPU (on multicore CPU system), but what is even more problematic is that in few minutes after start of cgminer, on system with 3 GPUs, only one of the GPUs still works at full power, while other two go to IDLE (mining only with few MH/s, instead of few hundreds). See the screenshot below...
What is curios is the message - "Pool 0 not providing work fast enough" ... but since p2pool v.3.1 is a month+ old, it was running without problems on older versions of cgminer...

Anyone experiencing the same? Any idea how to resolve this? Should I report it to p2pool thread as well?
Bitcoind is 0.6.3.

http://s11.postimage.org/s0ldetish/problem2012_08_30_151010.png
Set the intensity on those 2 cards.
They are dropping to I -10

And I was just about to try this latest version, and I see that.  Damnit.
legendary
Since 2.7.x CGMINER uses all my CPU (on multicore CPU system), but what is even more problematic is that in few minutes after start of cgminer, on system with 3 GPUs, only one of the GPUs still works at full power, while other two go to IDLE (mining only with few MH/s, instead of few hundreds). See the screenshot below...
What is curios is the message - "Pool 0 not providing work fast enough" ... but since p2pool v.3.1 is a month+ old, it was running without problems on older versions of cgminer...

Anyone experiencing the same? Any idea how to resolve this? Should I report it to p2pool thread as well?
Bitcoind is 0.6.3.

Set the intensity on those 2 cards.
They are dropping to I -10
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoind is 0.6.3.

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I don't think anyone got hurt. Just the other nearly same named miners developer that you mentioned the name of liked maybe 10 pages back to come on this thread and accuse ckolivas of all sorts of things. Moderator asked him to stop etc. I think Con just ment you hadn't read the whole thread not new as a bad thing. Con seems like a great person that makes great software. Helps people and tries really hard not to ignore anyone but is always quite patient with people.

Actually I shouldn't forget kano. He is also a developer for CGMiner and a great person. I learn a lot from kano too.
legendary
Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007
Q: And why you write "only ignore luke-jr"?
You haven't been here very long, have you?
Yes, i am new. one-two month only. Chances are that I do not know. Did not want to hurt anyone, I'm sorry.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Q: And why you write "only ignore luke-jr"?
You haven't been here very long, have you?
legendary
Q: And why you write "only ignore luke-jr"? He sayd it will be a solution in the next version of CPminer for Ztex boards.
wrong thread .........
legendary
I have no ztex and nothing to do with the ztex code, so I simply googled when you asked and that said -12 meant the usb version was a problem.
(-12 meant device wasn't supported)
It seemed that the older version of the usb library worked with more devices than the newer version ...
Maybe i must try to bild cgminer with old libusb? same version which used BTCMiner? at all possible in cgminer 2.7.4?
Did you try the prebuilt binary I provide?
no, i cant use prebuilt binary. I have only macs computer without OpenGl GPU. If i try start your binary, cgminer break starting with error. (need OpenGL files)
I try today first time with cgminer!!!) maybe i make something wrong, maybe it can be disabled using OpenGL before starting with some options. But i cant find how? Only one solution i found: bild my own binary of cgminer.)))
Oh a mac? Use libusbx, not libusb which is almost unmaintained

http://libusbx.org/
i have used exactly this libusbx. I folow only steps from "windows-build.txt" from scratch.
I have used in the assembly of these options: --enable-ztex --disable-opencl --enable-scrypt --enable-cpumining
Nothing more.
CPU mining works.....
Q: And why you write "only ignore luke-jr"? He sayd it will be a solution in the next version of BFGminer for Ztex boards.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I have no ztex and nothing to do with the ztex code, so I simply googled when you asked and that said -12 meant the usb version was a problem.
It seemed that the older version of the usb library worked with more devices than the newer version ...
Maybe i must try to bild cgminer with old libusb? same version which used BTCMiner? at all possible in cgminer 2.7.4?
no, i cant use prebuilt binary. I have only macs computer without OpenGl GPU. If i try start your binary, cgminer break starting with error. (need OpenGL files)
I try today first time with cgminer!!!) maybe i make something wrong, maybe it can be disabled using OpenGL before starting with some options. But i cant find how? Only one solution i found: bild my own binary of cgminer.)))
Oh a mac? Use libusbx, not libusb which is almost unmaintained

http://libusbx.org/
legendary
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
legendary
Hi cgminer gurus!
Please explain me, how get it work my 50x ZTEX quads with last cgminer on Windows 7 prof. 32 bit. Step by step.
Or somebody have a link where this procedure already published.
Thx.
Plug them in, then read the README, and add -T ...
I have compiled cgminer 2.7.4 with ztex support, but if start i get always:

Ztex check device: Failed to open handle with error -12
prepare device: -12

Whats wrong?Huh

Maybe we can narrow this down.
Can you get 1 to work by itself by work I mean detected and mining?
legendary
Hi cgminer gurus!
Please explain me, how get it work my 50x ZTEX quads with last cgminer on Windows 7 prof. 32 bit. Step by step.
Thx.

Whats wrong?Huh

legendary
Hi cgminer gurus!
Thx.

Whats wrong?Huh

Yes, with BTCMiner on the same computer all work perfect.
I tested cgminer only with one quad Board.
i have loaded bitstream with ZTEX BTCMiner to Board but it looks as though cggminer unresolved the ZTEX Board.
Jump to: