Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 531. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
PPS pool
2.1 SDK is best for 5*** series.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Anyone know the best driver version and SDK for 5970's/CGMiner

either reply or PM

.05BTC for you (i'm poor)
My sig Smiley
Activity: 756
Anyone know the best driver version and SDK for 5970's/CGMiner

either reply or PM

.05BTC for you (i'm poor)
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
tester
Does anyone managed to get decent performance in 7950 for LTC?
I managed to bring stable 280MH / s, but this is unacceptable bit video card in its class.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm on windows 7 and cgminer 2.5.0

Should I update to a newer cgminer?
Only if you don't have any BFLs at this stage.

I don't have any BFL, so I should update to 2.6.1 then?

I'm currently on 2.5.0 I had a bizarre problem while AFK, when I came back my 2 AMD 7950 cards where symmetricaly going from 43-100% gpu utilization.
I switched pool and the utilization went to 100%, I then swiched back to the main pool (which earlier was 43-100%) and now the Main pool is working at 100% again.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Thanks.  I just compiled the latest 2.6.1-9 and I'll try to let that run for now.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
If you've got the source code for the 2.6.1 test version, I can try compiling it and testing it, if it would be helpful.  Otherwise, 2.5.0 seems to work fine, so it's no big deal.  Thanks.

Latest source is always here:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

There is a button on that page for downloading latest code zipped up here:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/zipball/master
If you've got the source code for the 2.6.1 test version, I can try compiling it and testing it, if it would be helpful.  Otherwise, 2.5.0 seems to work fine, so it's no big deal.  Thanks.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Were you on windows 2.6.1 or the cgminer.exe from the test directory?

It was 2.6.1 that I compiled myself for windows from source, with only bitforce support enabled (not the cgminer.exe from the test directory).

Okay so that doesn't include the rollback that's in the test directory which fixes a known bug. More information is always helpful, thanks.

It was 2.6.1 that I compiled myself for windows from source, with only bitforce support enabled (not the cgminer.exe from the test directory).
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I had those errors in 2.6.1 happen again, so I just down-graded to 2.5.0 for now.
I had those errors in 2.6.1 happen again, so I just down-graded to 2.5.0 for now.
legendary
I've got mini rigs hanging after some time with cgminer 2.6.1 so I switched back to bfgminer 2.5.1. It does produce almost 1% more rejects (cgminer had almost none 0.07%), but at least it works  Roll Eyes.
No, CGMiner has them - it just hides them from you, along with other shares that would have been accepted...

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Go FUD on some other forum, your kind isn't welcome here.
It's not FUD since it's true.
Sigh - so because you don't even understand the code you call it FUD.
Ckolivas has already clearly explained why it's FUD and you reply with 'no'
Yeah about as intelligent as ... well nothing - no intelligence at all actually.
Please stop proving your a moron in this thread and do it elsewhere.
legendary
I was just about to post how I've been running 2.6.1 with my BFL singles for 2 days straight without problem, and then I caught these errors.  I restarted cgminer and it's working again for now.
This is almost certainly caused by Kano's reduction of the timeout from 30 seconds to 0.1 second... I skimmed over this one and assumed it was 1 second (which is at least reasonable). Bet this is what was causing the other problems people reported too... thanks for the tip Smiley I'll fix it for the next BFGMiner.
If my change is the cause of all the problems then you only need to do a single one line change of driver_bitforce.c line 41
The value '1' - change it Tongue
So if that's the cause of it all as you are implying then you will have a fix ready in a few minutes ... Tongue

Anyway,
at least try to understand the old code Tongue

On windows it was 30 seconds

On linux is was either 0.1 seconds or never (HANG if BFL didn't reply)
(yeah a bug)

If you entered 'bitforce:' on the front in linux it wouldn't set a timeout (HANG on no reply)
If you didn't put 'bitforce:' on the front in linux, Icarus would set a 0.1s timeout
(bitforce still didn't set a timeout of course but the Icarus one affected the bitforce code)

I changed the code coz whenever it got a comms error, it would hang trying to flush the buffer coz I use 'bitforce:'
(my BFL device is crappy and thus I get to see what happens with a comms error sometimes)
donator
Activity: 543
Thanks - although I had to use escaped backslashes, probably because I'm on Windows.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Is there a way to put this command line into a config file?

-S \\.\COM20 -S \\.\COM22

Because every combination that I tried either failed or only detected one of the two ports (like "scan-serial":"\\\\.\\COM20,\\\\.\\COM22", "scan-serial" on two lines with each port etc...)
"scan-serial":["\\.\COM20", "\\.\COM22"]
donator
Activity: 543
Is there a way to put this command line into a config file?

-S \\.\COM20 -S \\.\COM22

Because every combination that I tried either failed or only detected one of the two ports (like "scan-serial":"\\\\.\\COM20,\\\\.\\COM22", "scan-serial" on two lines with each port etc...)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I've got mini rigs hanging after some time with cgminer 2.6.1 so I switched back to bfgminer 2.5.1. It does produce almost 1% more rejects (cgminer had almost none 0.07%), but at least it works  Roll Eyes.
No, CGMiner has them - it just hides them from you, along with other shares that would have been accepted...

It's not FUD since it's true.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author

One direct cause of the above error is something else sending data on the serial line to the BFL (by accident?)
I've done exactly that and had exactly that error (in my case it never recovered I had to restart cgminer)
I have 2 cgminers running on my desktop, one that mines the BFL and the other mines my 2xIcarus
My Icarus miner does an ident test on all 3 serial port (by my choice) and once (when BFL was running) I got that problem.

The other possibility is that it did in fact timeout (took longer than 0.1s to reply) and thus the actual BFL/serial in now messed up (out of sync) with messages and replies

I'd guess the first one though.

I've only got the 2 BFL singles running on the system, both plugged into a usb hub (with nothing else using the hub).  The only other usb device I have on the system is a mouse.
Jump to: