Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 552. (Read 5805546 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
re: anti-virus declaring a Trojans.

I just downloaded the cgminer-2.4.3-Win2.zip

I use AVG anti-virus, and it said that libpdcurses.dll contained a Key Logger Trojan.

On the one hand, I suspect it is a false positive.
On the other hand I don't mind getting a new copy of a library from a trusted source just to be safe.

-Jesse
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
You delete your .bins?
Yeah, I moved it out of the folder before I started cgminer.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Could you please compile cgminer for Atheros Chipset ( Big Endian ) ?
That would be very helpful, then it were possible to run cgminer with dd-wrt on TP-Link devices with Atheros Chipset.

I think many users here would like that Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Segfaults at startup are usually mixed sdk files +/- bin files.
I know that, that's why I was telling him. Something's missing from his instructions.

EDIT: Now I've tried installing 2.4, 2.6 and 2.7 with those instructions, all resulting in a segfault (or in the case of 2.7, it told me that all devices were disabled).

You delete your .bins?
I know that, that's why I was telling him. Something's missing from his instructions.

EDIT: Now I've tried installing 2.4, 2.6 and 2.7 with those instructions, all resulting in a segfault (or in the case of 2.7, it told me that all devices were disabled).
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
The related details that may or may not help:
https://github.com/kanoi/linux-usb-cgminer/blob/master/linux-AMD-SDK-2.4-2.6-upgrade-downgrade

Though if you know yourself what you are doing that should tell you what to look for.
I don't remember exactly, but I think those instructions are what messed up my OS in the first place.
Nope - it was you that did Smiley
Just used these instructions to revert back to SDK 2.5 and once again, I get a segmentation fault when I start up cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Wait until his AV software tells him the cgminer.py/cgminer.exe is a trojan.   Grin

I feel like I'm in one of those awkward moments when people refer to you in the third person when your still In the room ...

Roll Eyes This forum is like that.  Just add those users to your ignore list.

re: cgminer being a virus
If you cannot compile it yourself from sources use pre-compiled binaries done by Con.
If I were you, I would install the OS on a clean machine and just put cgminer and afterburner on it.  Don't install any AV software.
They are useless on mining rigs.  They only waste network and CPU resources. IMHO
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
923.1 is probably the problem
Someone else with a 5xxx will probably know for sure ...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Guys what am I doing wrong, i've spent a long time trying to get cgminer to work.

I've just made a fresh install of xubuntu, i've installed fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-dev

fglrxinfo and aticonfig --lsa both show correct information:

andrew@ren:~/cg/cgminer-2.4.3-x86_64-built$ fglrxinfo
display: :0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
OpenGL version string: 4.2.11627 Compatibility Profile Context

andrew@ren:~/cg/cgminer-2.4.3-x86_64-built$ aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 01:00.0 ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

* - Default adapter

I've installed AMD APP 2.4 by doing the following:

sudo bash
 cd /opt
 cp ~/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-lnx64.tgz .
 tar -xvzf /home/ubuntu/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-lnx64.tgz
 cd AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-lnx64/
 cp -pv lib/x86_64/* /usr/lib/
 rsync -avl include/CL/ /usr/include/CL/
 tar -xvzf icd-registration.tgz
 rsync -avl etc/OpenCL/ /etc/OpenCL/
 ldconfig

And installed curl (apt-get install libcurl)

Whenever I run the precompiled binary as in post #1 it segfaults:
./cgminer --verbose --benchmark
[2012-06-23 23:29:24] Started cgminer 2.4.3
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] CL Platform 0 vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] CL Platform 0 name: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (923.1)
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] Platform 0 devices: 1
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24]  0       Cypress
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] GPU 0 ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series hardware monitoring enabl
ed
 [2012-06-23 23:29:24] Found 0 ztex board(s)Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas?

Activity: 518
I think ckolivas should do this himself, not that I don't trust you kano.

What is the point using 12.04 anyway ? It sucks big time and 11.04 is best for miners.
I don't want to be going nuts creating multiple binaries.

Why 12.04? At every next installation people will find it harder and harder to install old versions as they become less and less maintained and featured, like ANY software. At some stage I have to choose when to move on, and as I did from previously with ubuntu, I decided now was the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 12.04 except for the fact that you don't like the AMD drivers that come with it. Choosing the best driver is non-trivial for ANY version of ANY operating system though.

I understand your choice. I was just wondering why.

Keep up the good work !
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

What is the point using 12.04 anyway ? It sucks big time and 11.04 is best for miners.
I don't want to be going nuts creating multiple binaries.

Why 12.04? At every next installation people will find it harder and harder to install old versions as they become less and less maintained and featured, like ANY software. At some stage I have to choose when to move on, and as I did from previously with ubuntu, I decided now was the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 12.04 except for the fact that you don't like the AMD drivers that come with it. Choosing the best driver is non-trivial for ANY version of ANY operating system though.
What makes it suck? I just upgraded and haven't seen much of a difference so far.
Activity: 518
For anyone still running ubuntu/xubuntu 11.04 like I do, the latest release binary 2.4.3 will not run on 11.04
(it's built on 12.04)

You can of course compile it yourself ... or:

I've compiled a distro version of 2.4.3 with all devices enabled and placed it my git downloads
What this is built from is the exact source in the 2.4.3 release - cgminer-2.4.3.tar.bz2,
all default options, (including ADL, GPU, curses) and also libudev & libusb,
CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall" ./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer

So basically the same as the binary in the binary release, except compiled on xubuntu 11.04

It reports itself as cgminer 2.4.3a on the screen and in the version info

If you want it, it's in my git downloads: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/downloads

I'll do this 'all devices' version after each release, so people with 11.04 can get a binary without having to build it, if they don't want to build it.

I'm using it successfully on a rig with one 6950 GPU + one BFL
Edit: and also on my fedora 16 rig with two Icarus

I don't want to be compiling each time ...
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
For anyone still running ubuntu/xubuntu 11.04 like I do, the latest release binary 2.4.3 will not run on 11.04
(it's built on 12.04)

You can of course compile it yourself ... or:

I've compiled a distro version of 2.4.3 with all devices enabled and placed it my git downloads
What this is built from is the exact source in the 2.4.3 release - cgminer-2.4.3.tar.bz2,
all default options, (including ADL, GPU, curses) and also libudev & libusb,
CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall" ./configure --enable-icarus --enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer

So basically the same as the binary in the binary release, except compiled on xubuntu 11.04

It reports itself as cgminer 2.4.3a on the screen and in the version info

If you want it, it's in my git downloads: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/downloads

I'll do this 'all devices' version after each release, so people with 11.04 can get a binary without having to build it, if they don't want to build it.

I'm using it successfully on a rig with one 6950 GPU + one BFL
Edit: and also on my fedora 16 rig with two Icarus
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?

I have run CGminer 2.4.2

i start it at 13 jun and it is still crash at 20 jun 2012 but the strange things is it some of my rig just freeze

and some of them appear massage like GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

i have 5 rigs 2 of them just freeze 3 of them appear the GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

but this time i dont put the --no-restart

omg i really need to learn linux and get this fixed ?
I've been looking into this and it may well be a bug so I'll try and fix it next version. Do you have 5970s or 6990s? That's the only scenario I can see this as happening.

my current rig setup

1) 5x sapphire 5850
2) Ati 11.9
3) sdk 2.5 (default from the ati installer package) with 100% CPU bug  Embarrassed

this also happen to mining rig with 4GC but it takes more days before crash !

or anyone please help me to install linux on my rig and run this cgminer on linux please !

Upgrade to catalyst 11.12.  Do not update the SDK when you install it.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
or anyone please help me to install linux on my rig and run this cgminer on linux please !

Check the zipfile you downloaded for windows, there is a step by step instruction in there for linux-usb-cgminer...

Docs galore...
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL

I have run CGminer 2.4.2

i start it at 13 jun and it is still crash at 20 jun 2012 but the strange things is it some of my rig just freeze

and some of them appear massage like GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

i have 5 rigs 2 of them just freeze 3 of them appear the GPU 0 driver stop working or corrupted disabling fan speed control and after that it still freeze

I've been looking into this and it may well be a bug so I'll try and fix it next version. Do you have 5970s or 6990s? That's the only scenario I can see this as happening.

my current rig setup

1) 5x sapphire 5850
2) Ati 11.9
3) sdk 2.5 (default from the ati installer package) with 100% CPU bug  Embarrassed

this also happen to mining rig with 4GC but it takes more days before crash !

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

I have run CGminer 2.4.2

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I got a question and I seriously tried to find the answer to it by both googling and searching the forums.

I'm mining with a Diamond 7970 on a Win 7 x64 setup using 12.3 driver package using CGMiner 2.4.3.  The miner will lock up sometime between 10 minutes and 3 hours and it seems to get stuck with the last line in the CMD prompt being Long Poll Detected.  This is my only 7970 and I'm not familiar if it may be something with the driver version (all my other rigs are 6870s and 6950s).  The only thing I think might be contributing to the lockups is the rig is extremely slow as far as response time since I'm running off an old 30GB IDE drive. I dropped the swap file size from auto to 512MB and that made it a little more snappy with less disk thrashing and turned off all the Win7 eye candy.

The card mines fine around 1000core/150mem but when I bump it to even 1025/1050/1075 or 1100 it gets the above mentioned lockup on CGMiner.  The ASIC is 78.7 for the GPU and I'm using stock voltage so I'm pretty sure there's more OC headroom.  The rest of the system runs fine during these lockups - I just notice I stop submitting shares and it gets stuck at the longpoll.  Any ideas?

Working in data recovery, I'd say your drive is dying. Try disabling swap (well swap is linux. Page file is Windooze).
Jump to: