Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 71. (Read 5805508 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I meant the yellowjacket nanofury nf1s, I had issues where I have the miners disconnect and then replugged back in (I'll see if I can get a screen shot of the error line, right now the line cgminer posts was somewhere about "attempted reset got err (0): LIBUSB_SUCCESS). I also noticed as part of my problem is that cgminer doesn't show any hardware errors at all. After a day of mining the amount of errors it shows was 0.
Temporary instability would cause the nanofuries to stop working. Cgminer intentionally resets them and hotplugs them again to try to get them going again. Different hardware is more or less susceptible to this happening and I remember having the same issue with NF1s until they eventually died completely and started causing spikes and shorts on my usb hub and I had to throw them out one by one (I now have none). Because the nanofuries use the bitfury chips which have a hardware error rate in their design of about 15% it makes it difficult to gleam any useful information from the hardware error rate so I never bothered to even count them, hence it will always read zero for that particular device.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I meant the yellowjacket nanofury nf1s, I had issues where I have the miners disconnect and then replugged back in (I'll see if I can get a screen shot of the error line, right now the line cgminer posts was somewhere about "attempted reset got err (0): LIBUSB_SUCCESS). I also noticed as part of my problem is that cgminer doesn't show any hardware errors at all. After a day of mining the amount of errors it shows was 0.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I'm running cgminer-4.6.0 on a raspbian flashed raspberry pi with two yellowjackets mining on an orico 10 port usb 2.0 hub and I noticed that cgminer does not detect any hardware errors on my miners (I left if mining for a day and hw errors was always 0). Sometimes I get a reset error (it was somewhere on the lines of "attempted reset got err (0): LIBUSB_SUCCESS") which then causes cgminer to replug the miners again. I dont know what is exactly the source of the miners and I do not get any improvement with updating nor setting dwc_otg.speed=1 on the cmdline.txt boot file. Anybody else have the same issue?
What's a yellowjacket? Also you haven't actually said what the problem is in particular?
Activity: 21
I have a problem that I just couldnt figure out for months and I decided to post here to get some help.
I'm running cgminer-4.6.0 on a raspbian flashed raspberry pi with two yellowjackets mining on an orico 10 port usb 2.0 hub and I noticed that cgminer does not detect any hardware errors on my miners (I left if mining for a day and hw errors was always 0). Sometimes I get a reset error (it was somewhere on the lines of "attempted reset got err (0): LIBUSB_SUCCESS") which then causes cgminer to replug the miners again. I dont know what is exactly the source of the miners and I do not get any improvement with updating nor setting dwc_otg.speed=1 on the cmdline.txt boot file. Anybody else have the same issue?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
What should i get to control my antminer S3 ? Which setup is the best which homebrew
Re there some famous github links for the first steps? I wanna run my device with a netbook
The S3 has a very custom USB connection that is likely to only work with the controller that it comes with. I don't think anyone has tried to get it to talk to a separate controller such as a netbook. The only thing offered custom at the moment is a special 4.6.0 binary I built for the S3 which can be copied onto the device. I posted a link on this thread a page ago and on the S3 discussion thread they have extensively discussed its use.
Activity: 56
What should i get to control my antminer S3 ? Which setup is the best which homebrew
Re there some famous github links for the first steps? I wanna run my device with a netbook
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Absolutely - I wasn't looking for support rather complaining about the same issue  Smiley
And I was forming a mexican wave with you.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I think I found an error in cgminer version "3.12.0" this is the version bitmaintech is shipping with batch 8 antminer s3. might be on newer batches as well...

the json returned from the "stats" command is invalid.
Bitmain hacked the api output themselves to their custom output. We'll have a look but I suspect it's just due to their forked modified api output.

I'm having a similar issue with BTC Garden ASICs and whatever they've done to CGMiner. I've tried several times to get info from them without any response.

Basically, their ASICs respond to the DEVS RPC API call by saying "no devices".
We're the upstream code, the onus is not on us to keep forks in line with our code. Owners of the hardware should be polling the manufacturers to maintain both GPL and API compatibility with cgminer and pushing their code upstream. Bitmain have at least offered their code, whereas most forks have not. Some forks' code is unwanted or unusable too of course, but at the very least they should adhere to the license conditions of the code they're using.

Absolutely - I wasn't looking for support rather complaining about the same issue  Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I think I found an error in cgminer version "3.12.0" this is the version bitmaintech is shipping with batch 8 antminer s3. might be on newer batches as well...

Bitmain hacked the api output themselves to their custom output. We'll have a look but I suspect it's just due to their forked modified api output.

I'm having a similar issue with BTC Garden ASICs and whatever they've done to CGMiner. I've tried several times to get info from them without any response.

We're the upstream code, the onus is not on us to keep forks in line with our code. Owners of the hardware should be polling the manufacturers to maintain both GPL and API compatibility with cgminer and pushing their code upstream. Bitmain have at least offered their code, whereas most forks have not. Some forks' code is unwanted or unusable too of course, but at the very least they should adhere to the license conditions of the code they're using.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

nice, its also not backwards compatible with older versions  Cool
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

this is the json returned.

Code:
{\"STATUS\":[{\"STATUS\":\"S\",\"When\":1410555313,\"Code\":70,\"Msg\":\"CGMiner stats\",\"Description\":\"cgminer 3.12.0\"}],\"STATS\":[{\"CGMiner\":\"3.12.0\",\"Miner\":\"7.0.0.3\",\"CompileTime\":\"Tue Aug 26 10:43:10 CST 2014\",\"Type\":\"S3\"}{\"STATS\":0,\"ID\":\"BMM0\",\"Elapsed\":149,\"Calls\":0,\"Wait\":0.000000,\"Max\":0.000000,\"Min\":99999999.000000,\"GHS 5s\":459.00,\"GHS av\":469.49,\"baud\":115200,\"miner_count\":2,\"asic_count\":8,\"timeout\":18,\"frequency\":\"225\",\"voltage\":5,\"hwv1\":7,\"hwv2\":0,\"hwv3\":0,\"hwv4\":3,\"fan_num\":2,\"fan1\":2520,\"fan2\":2280,\"fan3\":0,\"fan4\":0,\"fan5\":0,\"fan6\":0,\"fan7\":0,\"fan8\":0,\"fan9\":0,\"fan10\":0,\"fan11\":0,\"fan12\":0,\"fan13\":0,\"fan14\":0,\"fan15\":0,\"fan16\":0,\"temp_num\":2,\"temp1\":43,\"temp2\":41,\"temp3\":0,\"temp4\":0,\"temp5\":0,\"temp6\":0,\"temp7\":0,\"temp8\":0,\"temp9\":0,\"temp10\":0,\"temp11\":0,\"temp12\":0,\"temp13\":0,\"temp14\":0,\"temp15\":0,\"temp16\":0,\"temp_avg\":42,\"temp_max\":44,\"Device Hardware%\":0.0000,\"no_matching_work\":0,\"chain_acn1\":16,\"chain_acn2\":16,\"chain_acn3\":0,\"chain_acn4\":0,\"chain_acn5\":0,\"chain_acn6\":0,\"chain_acn7\":0,\"chain_acn8\":0,\"chain_acn9\":65535,\"chain_acn10\":0,\"chain_acn11\":0,\"chain_acn12\":0,\"chain_acn13\":0,\"chain_acn14\":0,\"chain_acn15\":0,\"chain_acn16\":0,\"chain_acs1\":\"oooooooo oooooooo \",\"chain_acs2\":\"oooooooo oooooooo \",\"chain_acs3\":\"\",\"chain_acs4\":\"\",\"chain_acs5\":\"\",\"chain_acs6\":\"\",\"chain_acs7\":\"\",\"chain_acs8\":\"\",\"chain_acs9\":\"\",\"chain_acs10\":\"\",\"chain_acs11\":\"\",\"chain_acs12\":\"\",\"chain_acs13\":\"\",\"chain_acs14\":\"\",\"chain_acs15\":\"\",\"chain_acs16\":\"\",\"USB Pipe\":\"0\"}],\"id\":1}

the error is here:

\"STATS\":[{\"CGMiner\":\"3.12.0\",\"Miner\":\"7.0.0.3\",\"CompileTime\":\"Tue Aug 26 10:43:10 CST 2014\",\"Type\":\"S3\"}{\"STATS\":0,

its missing a comma between }{ in this part: \"S3\"}{\"STATS\":0

adding the comma makes it valid.

i'll add a work around in my app.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
I'm not sure where you're seeing these messages. There hasn't been any GPU code in mainline cgminer for over a year and I'm not supporting anything but the current version.

Thanks @ckolivas.

This is the output of cgminer.

I use it to mine on testnet. There are 4 radeon 79xx gpu cards, and according to cgminer stats it does ~2.5gh/s - I was hoping to mine something, especially that current testnet difficulty == 1.0, but it doesn't work, hence I posted this warning(?) messages.

Which version?  Wink

It's 3.5.0, I just need to mine with gpu on testnet, that is why I use an old version.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi, using --load-balance strategy is possible to split the complessive hashrate at 2 user (33% USER1/ 66% USER2) on the same pool (POOL_ABC)?

"pools" : [
        {
                "quota"  : "1;POOL_ABC:3333",
                "user" : "USER1",
                "pass" : "123"
        },
        {
                "quota" : "2;POOL_ABC:3333",
                "user" : "USER2",
        }
]

Thanks in advance W_M
Yes that will work fine.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Hack will be add one user twice Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
Hi, using --load-balance strategy is possible to split the complessive hashrate at 2 user (33% USER1/ 66% USER2) on the same pool (POOL_ABC)?

"pools" : [
        {
                "quota"  : "1;POOL_ABC:3333",
                "user" : "USER1",
        },
        {
                "quota" : "2;POOL_ABC:3333",
                "user" : "USER2",
        }
]

Thanks in advance W_M
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
One is counting shares you return, second is counting getworks you take.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Could someone please explain the practical difference between Cgminer "balanced" (shares) Vs "load balanced" (quota) pool selections.  What are the advantages and disadvantages of one Vs the other?  I'm finding it too obtuse Sad!  Thanks in advance for your assistance Smiley!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I wonder if that is true of all the new ones Tongue
Maybe BFL doesn't like cgminer working with it - though they indirectly paid for the driver ...
My original moth has been mining fine at ~250W, ~330GH/s at the pool, for over 2 months now

I would assume it must be true of at least all the ones shipping right now.  Seems unlikely that mine are special in some way.

BTW, is there/will there be any access to underclocking/undervolting?  I'm pretty sure BFL promised this would be possible...
Just like last time, the cgminer development team is mostly in the dark and treated as 3rd class citizens by BFL so we have no idea when they change firmwares (like you experienced by them changing the ID string) or add features or whatever. Infuriating, but then our complaints are minor compared to customers.
Pages:
Jump to: