Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 12. (Read 5805221 times)

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Hi when I went to the site that had the downloads chrome said that it was a dangerous site and to go back to safety.
So are these downloads just viruses because I know there are false positives, but I want to be safe before downloading ANYTHING.
Thank you  Smiley Grin.

Malware authors have used old versions of CGMiner as the payload of their malware so that they could mine with botnets.  So... lazy malware/virus string vendors have flagged CGMiner as the malware and have refused to correct it.

As long as you download from the url in the top post of this thread you will be ok.

What mining device are you trying to mine with that is supported by CGMiner?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi when I went to the site that had the downloads chrome said that it was a dangerous site and to go back to safety.
So are these downloads just viruses because I know there are false positives, but I want to be safe before downloading ANYTHING.
Thank you  Smiley Grin.
Activity: 78
But GPU mining have for other coins not only bitcoin
Right, and the official cgminer is for bitcoin mining ONLY.

Does that mean that only questions specific to Bitcoin mining with cgminer can be posted here?  
I posted a general question about cgminer and it was deleted for some reason but I made no reference to bitcoin but I am using version 3.7.2.

Just trying to see where my questions should land.

Thanks in adavnce.  
Gsam
command line seems easier to me.

You are right but in my testing I was per plexed why some of my parameters were being over written and I found out later that cgminer was using the default cgminer.conf file.  If your going command line only then maybe not sure here it would be best to delete the cgminer.conf file before firing up your miner.

Maybe in bat file add the line below before firing up the miner. 

Del cgminer.conf
cgminer [command line]

This way it can never use the default .conf file.

My 2 cents
Gsam
legendary
Think for yourself
command line seems easier to me.
Hi. I am new in mining , and just started  with ASIC using CGMINER. I created "start.bat" on DESKTOP with 1 URL for solo mining   and load , it is working good.Then i add to 3 or more URL for multipool mining .That is work good too.Only there is problem : each time after restarting OS (WINDOWS7) there is no saving in CGMINER about multipool mining , and needed to write URL again???   Ths.      

You can add the pools and logins to your .bat file.

See the Executive summary in the readme or the top post.

Similiar issue here,

1. Start your mining program with the pools you want
2. While cgminer is running press Press SHIFT key and the letter "S" for settings
3. Choose the option to write your config file, use the default name cgminer.conf
4. Go find that file in the same directory your software is in
5. Copy that file to a new name lets call it, test.conf 
6. Open the config file with and editor such as notepad
7. The options are pretty self explanatory and enter the pools you use.  The first being your primary and rest are your failovers
8. Save the file
9. To make sure your cgminer finds the config file I have a CD (change directory) command in my bat file to make sure I redirect there before cgminer starts it looks like this, yours will be different.  Format the cgminer command with the option below to find your test.conf file as well

cd C:\@Cryptocurrency\Software\cgminer 3.7.2\cgminer-3.7.2-windows
cgminer --scrypt --default-config test.conf -o etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Mine looks like this

cgminer --scrypt --default-config cgminer_hashtocoins.conf -o stratum+tcp://hash-to-coins.com:3333 -u user.worker -p password --no-submit-stale --auto-fan --auto-gpu

10. Your CGminer will now begin to use the test.conf file.
11. If you want to test it, change the intensity parameter to some number like 4 or 20, save it run it and you will see when cgminer starts it uses your test.conf file parameters.

This is useful if your testing or want to keep various versions of the conf file for various pooling activities.  This will create a 1 to many scenario e.g. 1 miner (cgminer) to various conf files.

*warning* do not leave the config file open while running cgminer.  I have seen where it may try to overwrite to it. 

Hope this helps
Gsam

legendary
Think for yourself
Hi. I am new in mining , and just started  with ASIC using CGMINER. I created "start.bat" on DESKTOP with 1 URL for solo mining   and load , it is working good.Then i add to 3 or more URL for multipool mining .That is work good too.Only there is problem : each time after restarting OS (WINDOWS7) there is no saving in CGMINER about multipool mining , and needed to write URL again???   Ths.      

You can add the pools and logins to your .bat file.

See the Executive summary in the readme or the top post.
Activity: 3
 Hi. I am new in mining , and just started  with ASIC using CGMINER. I created "start.bat" on DESKTOP with 1 URL for solo mining   and load , it is working good.Then i add to 3 or more URL for multipool mining .That is work good too.Only there is problem : each time after restarting OS (WINDOWS7) there is no saving in CGMINER about multipool mining , and needed to write URL again???   Ths.       
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Right, and the official cgminer is for bitcoin mining ONLY.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
legendary
Think for yourself
Cgminer may give good profit,only with well known videocards,as radeon R9 sapphire and other

CGMiner does NOT support Video Cards as it is a Bitcoin mining software and GPU's are useless for Bitcoin mining.
Cgminer may give good profit,only with well known videocards,as radeon R9 sapphire and other
legendary
Think for yourself
hello,how to mining...noob here,guide please

Start by reading the Top Post.
Activity: 15
hello,how to mining...noob here,guide please
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Sorry if these are dumb questions:

In looking at my cgminer for my lottery ticket miner, i can see:

Code:
Accepted 54d53ab5 Diff 773/90 GSD 0 pool 0

I get that share is proof my miner is working on finding a block, but I have a couple of noob questions:

1) Is "54d53ab5" the nonce the miner submitted, or is part of the hash?
2) Does the diff 773 refer to the hash produced by the submission above or something else?

Thanks, just trying to understand this a little more

54d53ab5 are the first non zero characters in the hash of the share you discovered.
Diff 773 says what diff that particular hash share was, and 90 is the current pool share diff so since your share diff was greater than or equal to 90 cgminer showed you that it's submitting that share. There would have been many other shares below diff 90 and they never show up on the display  since cgminer only shows you shares that meet your target pool diff.
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
Sorry if these are dumb questions:

In looking at my cgminer for my lottery ticket miner, i can see:

Code:
Accepted 54d53ab5 Diff 773/90 GSD 0 pool 0

I get that share is proof my miner is working on finding a block, but I have a couple of noob questions:

1) Is "54d53ab5" the nonce the miner submitted, or is part of the hash?
2) Does the diff 773 refer to the hash produced by the submission above or something else?

Thanks, just trying to understand this a little more
legendary
Think for yourself
I will setup cgminer and try again mine some coins for windows.

I don't think windows needs any coins.
I will setup cgminer and try again mine some coins for windows.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hey thank for the great info....any updates coming Huh Smiley Smiley
There's virtually nothing left to do in the mining client space, only improved drivers for existing hardware and drivers for new hardware. As the vast majority of drivers are now maintained by the hardware manufacturers themselves now, and the biggest manufacturer (Bitmain) don't contribute code back to the master cgminer code, that means there really is nothing to do for them.
Activity: 2
Hey thank for the great info....any updates coming Huh Smiley Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: