Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 840. (Read 5805221 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
no gpu, can not use
show can not find opencl.dll error
You need to install newer drivers for AMD card.
but I don't have an ati card, only use cpu to mining
hi
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Hi

at least your honest...I really like your miner..hence the pushing to get it fixed Smiley  I don't understand it either..but the records that deepbit keep show since using cgminer, stales have increased quite a bit. 

Perhaps in how cgminer queues the shares??

anyways, I did not mean to offend and apologize if I did.  Please keep up the good work and I realize you are not getting paid at this point.

Hi
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi

my stales/rejects on deepbit were very stable over n period.  That same n period interval using cgminer showed large jump in stales/rejects.  Put your ego aside and fix it for the peeps.

Hi
Ego? That's easy to say. I don't see where they're coming from and why they're lower with other miners so I don't know what to fix.
hi
Hi

my stales/rejects on deepbit were very stable over n period.  That same n period interval using cgminer showed large jump in stales/rejects.  Put your ego aside and fix it for the peeps.

Hi
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi

You are in denial about the stales/rejects...this cgminer produces more stales than guiminer on same pool.  Fix it and quit making excuses.

Hi
Fine, it's broken. Go use guiminer thanks.
hi
Hi

You are in denial about the stales/rejects...this cgminer produces more stales than guiminer on same pool.  Fix it and quit making excuses.

Hi
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
Just tried version 1.2.7 on a rather up-to-date Mac, and OpenCL still isn't detected. For now I'm assuming the following bit in the configure file is to blame:
Code:
case $target in
  *-*-mingw*)
    have_x86_64=false
    have_win32=true
    PTHREAD_FLAGS=""
    ;;
  x86_64-*)
    have_x86_64=true
    ;;
  *-*-darwin*)
    have_x86_64=false
    OPENCL_FLAGS="-framework OpenCL"
        ;;
  *)
    have_x86_64=false
    ;;
esac
The Mac I have here is a 64bit machine and identifies itself as "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0", which means that the "*-*-darwin*" case is never reached.

Changing the case statement to the following enables OpenCL:
Code:
case $target in
  *-*-mingw*)
    have_x86_64=false
    have_win32=true
    PTHREAD_FLAGS=""
    ;;
  x86_64-*-darwin*)
    have_x86_64=true
    ;;
  x86_64-*)
    have_x86_64=true
    ;;
  *-*-darwin*)
    have_x86_64=false
        ;;
  *)
    have_x86_64=false
    ;;
esac

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the following error when makeing:
Code:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -I./compat/jansson -I./lib -I./lib   -O3 -Wall -MT cgminer-main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cgminer-main.Tpo -c -o cgminer-main.o `test -f 'main.c' || echo './'`main.c
In file included from main.c:34:
compat.h:5: error: conflicting types for 'suseconds_t'
/usr/include/sys/types.h:250: error: previous declaration of 'suseconds_t' was here
make[2]: *** [cgminer-main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Activity: 126
have you installed teh opencl-headers?
Are you trolling? He already said he installed them.
Activity: 49
have you installed teh opencl-headers?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
There are instructions for the most convenient way of installing libs and includes in the README.

I already had them installed in /opt as the tutorial here does http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=7514.0 and I added the two symlinks and ran ldconfig according to your readme. Unfortunately I still get the opencl not detected error during the config.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
There are instructions for the most convenient way of installing libs and includes in the README.
you need the opencl-headers (building needs headers and dev files not what you normaly use for running programs)
for ubuntu you can use just the debian ones (as there is no package in the repo...)
for other distros idk
Erm yeah, the app sdk IS the headers and those CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are exactly for specifying the paths to said headers and libraries.
that was what I was thinking at first
after I installed the headers it worked for me maybe it does for you
Which is what i suggested above. For him(or her) to install them headers and .lib files in the system directories instead.
you need the opencl-headers (building needs headers and dev files not what you normaly use for running programs)
for ubuntu you can use just the debian ones (as there is no package in the repo...)
for other distros idk
Erm yeah, the app sdk IS the headers and those CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are exactly for specifying the paths to said headers and libraries.
that was what I was thinking at first
after I installed the headers it worked for me maybe it does for you
for other distros idk
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
You build from a release tarball. Then you can go straight to ./configure
Building from git you need to apt-get install autoconf automake
Then you can ./autogen.sh fine
Don't try to start building it any other way.

Prolonged outage is meant to be longer than that. There's some race there which is occasionally hit and does it very soon after. I'll work on that.

Lots of stales? Stale shares are harmless as they never get counted, it's just the app telling you it won't submit them.
Lots of rejects? You get paid according to accepted, so judge the effectiveness on the accepted. cgminer just happens to be brutally honest.

Still using POST? Yes we've been through this, check the discussion earlier on.
for other distros idk
Well, i'm not sure exactly where's the problem but try going in via a terminal into the app sdk and make; make install-ing it to the system directories and then just run CFLAGS="-O3 -Wall -march=native" ./configure to see if it helps.
Well i see you have downloaded the 64bit version of the stream SDK. Are you on a 64 bit linux?

yep, and it's been working just fine with phoenix+phatk for quite some time
Well i see you have downloaded the 64bit version of the stream SDK. Are you on a 64 bit linux?
You need to run aclocal before autogen.sh or ./configure. If you dont have it, install automake or autotool.

Thanks, I installed automake and got a bit further but now I get the error

Code:
configure.ac:125: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

You know, i've also gotten this error, but not on cgminer. Try doing ./autogen.sh m4_pattern_allow or ./configure m4_pattern_allow or even "m4_pattern_allow ./autogen.sh" and so on.

Thank you that fixed it! Sorry for all the problems but I really appreciate the help, now my opencl is not getting detected, but it's definitely in existence since I'd been running phoenix fine for months after setting up according to this tutorial http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=7514.0

I've also tried specifying the directories like this but still everything comes up as opencl not detected
Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -Wall -march=native -I/opt/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.1-lnx64/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/lib/x86_64" ./configure
Jump to: