Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 842. (Read 5805198 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
And why did you even think that? Currently, no miner under Windows offers no cpu usage at all due to the unconfirmed bug in the drivers.
I don't get any CPU usage at all under Windows 7 with a 5750
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
About the OSX build:

It should build if you have the right tools for it. Ycros is helping me out there.
Since the machine with the fastest graphics card I currently have access to is a Mac, I'm kinda interested in this, too. I recently tried to build cgminer 1.2.6-1 on it and there was a compiler error and configure couldn't find the Mac OpenCL implementation.
So if there's any testing you need done, I'll be happy to do it as I have time, since I would like to use something other than DiabloMiner there (which keeps segfaulting as of recently).

Edit: And yes, I've seen the entry in the news file about fixing the OpenCL tests, I'm just waiting for the next release to try this.
Activity: 235
Stupid question time, How do I exit a cmd window in Windows 7? the only way I know how is by closing said window.
Ctrl + C

actually it currently isn't working. Use Ctrl+Break
While that DOES technically work, It doesn't output the summary and just closes the window like normal. Does this feature only work in a Linux environment?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
(...)
The miner just changes the ntime header (+1 every second),
(...)

That's the point! Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
About cpu usage:

Currently the windows build always uses a lot more CPU than the linux build. It has to do with the windows library that gives support for the linux features and I'm not sure there's anything to do about it. Beyond that, some drivers use a lot more CPU when more than one card is in use. The other big CPU user is when dynamic mode is enabled, as it constantly monitors the GPU usage and throttles it accordingly, but conversely spends more CPU time doing this. To decrease CPU usage, disable dynamic mode by choosing an intensity with -I.

About dynamic mode:

The intensity level is determined by cgminer to be that which will keep the desktop GUI fluid based on how quickly it refreshes. If you have a low power card, the intensity will almost always be low because of this. If you have a high power GPU, it may well get to quite high intensity levels even when still in use.

About the OSX build:

It should build if you have the right tools for it. Ycros is helping me out there.

About shares rejected:

When doing solo mining, you are constantly trying to find a block for yourself and anything that looks like it might be a block is submitted to the network. Most of the time it will be rejected because it's not the real block you've found.

About stopping in windows:

I'm working on trying to make it more robust, but ctrl-break is the only way to stop it at the moment.

Other stuff:

Low priority while I try to get cgminer as stable as possible with the most frequently requested or sponsored features. While I have spent a LOT of time on this project, I do not have infinite time to implement everything in such a short time space.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I saw almost no CPU usage on my rig for the 10 minutes it lived...
Activity: 126
And why did you even think that? Currently, no miner under Windows offers no cpu usage at all due to the unconfirmed bug in the drivers.
hi
Activity: 256
Hi

I thought this cgminer had low CPU usage when GPU mining?  I have a quadcore cpu and 2 6870's on one rig and when I gpu mine, the cpu is pegged at 50%...am I missing a switch or something?

Hi
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
What does "Share rejected from GPU 0 Thread 0" mean?

Started mining for fun for the first time today, but not understanding the output. Only one Google match, and it's a Pastebin.

Code:
cgminer version 1.2.6 - Started: [2011-07-16 14:34:58]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[(5s):262.6  (avg):262.3 Mh/s] [Q:47  A:0  R:46  HW:0  E:0%  U:0.00/m]

TQ: 1  ST: 1  LS: 0  SS: 0  DW: 0  LW: 0  LO: 0  RF: 0  I: 4
GPU 0: [263.3 Mh/s] [Q:46  A:0  R:48  HW:0  E:0%  U:0.00/m]

2011-07-16 14:44:21] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:44:53] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 0
2011-07-16 14:45:28] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:45:33] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:45:36] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:45:42] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:46:12] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 0
2011-07-16 14:46:17] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1
2011-07-16 14:46:22] Share rejected from GPU 0 thread 1

This is on an MSI 6870, on a Pentium IV mainboard, with a 500W psu

The Power Consumption according to my meter is only 100 watts, although the unpleasant hot plastic smell seems to disagree so I'm not sure what to believe at the moment.

Edit: Shut it down for now. The "Brytek" PSU appears to be the source of the smell - it might think it's 500 watts, but that might not be distributed over the rails correctly for this type of usage since it does not have any PCI-E connectors - have ordered an Antec 650W instead.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Is there any documentation on how to run this in OS X? I might try it later on
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Stupid question time, How do I exit a cmd window in Windows 7? the only way I know how is by closing said window.
Ctrl + C

actually it currently isn't working. Use Ctrl+Break
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Luke... why do you fix the time to blown up the full nonce in ONE second?  400 MH/s miner does the work in about 10 seconds, which is not bad... isn't it? So, It seems to me, that your goal is to tune the nonce length to be submitted, accordingly to miner power, in such way that miner finish its part of the nonce in only 1 second, then ask for new one piece... perhaps too much traffic overload.
Because you start over every second. You don't need to ask for a new piece, the same one is still valid for up to (on Eligius) 2 minutes. The miner just changes the ntime header (+1 every second), and then it scans its nonce range until the next second.
Activity: 252
As far as i know, per each getwork you have to try 2^32 nonces, if you dont find any hashes that match the diff, you request new work, and the process repeats itself.
Then you don't know. You can do up to 2^32 nonces per second (with X-Roll-Ntime), which is 4 GH/s. You only need to get new work when longpoll returns it, or the pool sets a time limit on the work it gives you (2 minutes with pushpool).

Luke... why do you fix the time to blown up the full nonce in ONE second?  400 MH/s miner does the work in about 10 seconds, which is not bad... isn't it? So, It seems to me, that your goal is to tune the nonce length to be submitted, accordingly to miner power, in such way that miner finish its part of the nonce in only 1 second, then ask for new one piece... perhaps too much traffic overload.

Well, you are entangled in pools, so perhaps you can clarify the question.
Activity: 185
Ctrl + C
Activity: 235
conman, a small reminder for the fixme in the fulltest function in util.c
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Just to say, that's not gigahashes. It's called nonces really or whatever, but i am pretty much sure it's not GH/s. It's just numbers which the GPU can go over very quickly, where the CPU(my phenom 955) can do around 3 million hashes per second, or 3 million nonces per second.
Each nonce gives a hash/second. You can start over the nonce range every second with new hashes. So your 3 MH/s only covers less than 0.1% of the nonce range before it can start over from the beginning.
As far as i know, per each getwork you have to try 2^32 nonces, if you dont find any hashes that match the diff, you request new work, and the process repeats itself.
Then you don't know. You can do up to 2^32 nonces per second (with X-Roll-Ntime), which is 4 GH/s. You only need to get new work when longpoll returns it, or the pool sets a time limit on the work it gives you (2 minutes with pushpool).
Just to say, that's not gigahashes. It's called nonces really or whatever, but i am pretty much sure it's not GH/s. It's just numbers which the GPU can go over very quickly, where the CPU(my phenom 955) can do around 3 million hashes per second, or 3 million nonces per second.
Each nonce gives a hash/second. You can start over the nonce range every second with new hashes. So your 3 MH/s only covers less than 0.1% of the nonce range before it can start over from the beginning.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
After i installed the ati amd sdk i get another error:
Jump to: