Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 13. (Read 5805221 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
someone please tell me the best os for mining  Sad
Linux, though it doesn't matter these days since most miners come with or expect images on controllers like the Rpi (all running linux.)
Raspberry Pi? sorry i'm newbie
Yes.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 104
HEX: Longer pays better
Linux, though it doesn't matter these days since most miners come with or expect images on controllers like the Rpi (all running linux.)
Raspberry Pi? sorry i'm newbie
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Activity: 1274
Merit: 104
HEX: Longer pays better
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I try start CGminer with mining some coins,and command line dont show my hashrate,I dont know why,I have radeon r4 graphics.
Because cgminer hasn't been a GPU miner in many years. It only controls bitcoin mining ASICs.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I try start CGminer with mining some coins,and command line dont show my hashrate,I dont know why,I have radeon r4 graphics.
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
And why not? Don't know what "no-submit-stale" means.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'm not sure if someone is going senile or what,

BUT a reminder about cgminer:

NEVER set "no-submit-stale" : true,

like this guy did here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20829032

Set it to: false
(or don't set it at all)
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Does every USB port have an ID that can be optained via cgminer in order to see which of your ASIC miners is broken?
No,they're assigned randomly by the operating system.
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
Does every USB port have an ID that can be optained via cgminer in order to see which of your ASIC miners is broken?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Every 2 minutes or so the device reports a nonce error.
What is the definition of such a nonce error? Why does it happen?

Activity: 21
isdupnonce() tests whether a found nonce was already found.
I wonder under what circumstances such a dupe nonce ever can happen at all.
Can it ever happen with solo mining?

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I am not ck but the answer to that question is:
you can use older cgminer Versions, but not an old core version.
So you need as minimum core version 14.0.0 (Segwit support)
AND
you have to add a patch to it so you are not building up on wrong blocks!

Can -ck confirm this please?
You need minimum bitcoin core 0.14.0, correct. Older versions of cgminer that don't explicitly have segwit support but have solo mining support will still be able to mine valid blocks but they will only mine classic transactions without the segwit commitment or any segwit transactions so realistically you should be using the latest cgminer as well.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
AND

Can -ck confirm this please?
Activity: 2
Just registered to chime in as I happened to be running into this myself and had thought it might be a quirk from compiling/running with MacOSX.  I haven't done much digging into it, and when I get a chance I'll try the debug backtrace mentioned already.  I can also confirm that on my system the problem arises between 4.9.2 and 4.10.0 releases.

In case it might be useful to those more familiar with the code, a few crude tests by way of re-building seem to isolate the problem to setting '--enable-icarus' during configuration.   That is, including all of the non-standalone drivers minus icarus seems to have a functioning write_config on my system.  So do not think this is something to do with all parsing/writing for settings, but may be specific to one or more introduced with icarus support.

Sounds feasible. It's likely to be missing save for the options added to icarus post 4.9.2

Hmm, I think I found it after that suggestion - it looks like a line is needed in the write_config of cgminer.c for the newly introduced 'set_float_100_500', such as at L5459:

if (opt->type & OPT_HASARG &&
             ((void *)opt->cb_arg == (void *)set_float_125_to_500 ||
             (void *)opt->cb_arg == (void *)set_float_100_to_500 ||
              (void *)opt->cb_arg == (void *)set_float_100_to_250)) {
            fprintf(fcfg, ",\n\"%s\" : \"%.1f\"", p+2, *(float *)opt->u.arg);
            continue;
         }

This was necessitated upon expanding the Compac GekkoScience frequency range here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/702b37007caa9605d3adabf646f8df47fe86e83c

Making that change now has config writing when setting '--enable-icarus' during configuation for me.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Just registered to chime in as I happened to be running into this myself and had thought it might be a quirk from compiling/running with MacOSX.  I haven't done much digging into it, and when I get a chance I'll try the debug backtrace mentioned already.  I can also confirm that on my system the problem arises between 4.9.2 and 4.10.0 releases.

In case it might be useful to those more familiar with the code, a few crude tests by way of re-building seem to isolate the problem to setting '--enable-icarus' during configuration.   That is, including all of the non-standalone drivers minus icarus seems to have a functioning write_config on my system.  So do not think this is something to do with all parsing/writing for settings, but may be specific to one or more introduced with icarus support.

Sounds feasible. It's likely to be missing save for the options added to icarus post 4.9.2
Activity: 2
Is it only me or others also constantly getting messages about testing pool on solo mining?
One more issue to mention, 4.10.0 does not write config file and does not load working in v.4.9.2 (and pretty trivial one) config file.

Dear CK,

I am experiencing a Segmentation Fault (core dumped) error when trying to write config file in version 4.10.0.   (I do not have this error with version 4.9.2).  

(it seems to write over cgminer.conf with an empty file, then crash)

I am running on R-PI, ARCH.    

Any advice?

Thanks!

This didn't seem to get any kind of acknowledgement. I'm following it up here to see if anyone can help??

Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Hey, it's been a while but I'm going to finally update the compiled version of cgminer for mac I distribute and update MacMiner with it (the link you provide for Mac versions only goes up to 4.3.3 btw, I distribute mine at http://macminer.fabulouspanda.com/commandline/cgminer/ )

Since it's been so long, could you please let me know which devices I can --enable for maximum support without causing any conflicts?
Sorry to be an idiot, found the readme suggesting
--enable-avalon
--enable-avalon2
--enable-avalon4
--enable-bflsc
--enable-bitfury
--enable-cointerra
--enable-drillbit
--enable-hashfast
--enable-hashratio
--enable-icarus
--enable-klondike
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
AND

Activity: 217
Merit: 101
Is it only me or others also constantly getting messages about testing pool on solo mining?
One more issue to mention, 4.10.0 does not write config file and does not load working in v.4.9.2 (and pretty trivial one) config file.

Don't know if related, but the parameter --fix-protocol seems to prevent switching from gbt to stratum if the http server offers both.

Regarding the other issues: don't know, haven't tried yet; I'm passing all parameters via commandline (actually in a batch script file).

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to upgrade the miner to 4.10.0 at all to mine a segwit blocks? The backend is bitcoin core 0.14.2.
No. Current cgminer is segwit compatible.
Hi -ck,
I see the release notes for 4.10.0 regarding the segwit support, but it has memory leak in windows build in solo mode and I would prefer 4.9.2 to continue to use.
Theoretically, segwit could be implemented totally in bitcoin core, under the RPC calls so that the miner software would not need any changes to support it. My question (and my setup in general) is for learning purposes mainly.
So do I get correctly, that cgminer 4.9.2 does not have (requiring) segwit support and blocks found would be discarded now?
Many thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: