Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 123. (Read 44783 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 60
If you don't mind me asking, what pool would you mine against when you set it and forget it?

Few pools are going to give you a payout at this hashrate.  However, as suggested in the OP, on slushpool you can set it as low as 0.001 BTC for a payout which should only take a couple of months.  I'm solo mining on ckpool until they get the on device solo mining working.  You could also mine sha256 altcoins on zergpool and autoexchange into BTC and the payout is only .002 BTC.  I'm not Phil but I tested all three pools mentioned here with my Apollo.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
How does this thing Mine SOLO??? And  estimate when can 1 find a block? Makes .56? a day in pool...

Wouldn’t advise.  At this low a hashrate, you’d have better luck winning the actual lottery than hitting a block.

that is not exactly true.

depends on what type of lottery.

besides.

if you simply set it and forget it for a while it will add up over time.

this is all about mine and hodl

my plan is to mine and hodl a coin for a year. while it does its thing as a full node.

If you don't mind me asking, what pool would you mine against when you set it and forget it?

viabtc .com and set the payout at 0.01 btc which right now is about 350 usd

it will take close to 22 months to get there.

and if btc spikes crazy high in 3 or 4 months just change the payout to 0.001 btc
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
How does this thing Mine SOLO??? And  estimate when can 1 find a block? Makes .56? a day in pool...

Wouldn’t advise.  At this low a hashrate, you’d have better luck winning the actual lottery than hitting a block.

besides.

my plan is to mine and hodl a coin for a year. while it does its thing as a full node.

legendary
How does this thing Mine SOLO??? And  estimate when can 1 find a block? Makes .56? a day in pool...

Wouldn’t advise.  At this low a hashrate, you’d have better luck winning the actual lottery than hitting a block.

besides.

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
If/when the ssd needs replacing do we need to clone the drive or just put a new one in and download the chain again? Is the “OS” on the ssd or built i to the board?

I'd imagine the OS is on the SD card
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
If/when the ssd needs replacing do we need to clone the drive or just put a new one in and download the chain again? Is the “OS” on the ssd or built i to the board?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Have two issues.

1) Can only set one pool.

2) All but 1 of my units have stopped working after trying to change the the miner settings. I have tried setting eco, balanced and even advanced with power from min to 45%. Only  One unit will work when I make these changes but the rest will not function at all. Even the main controller will not function with no unit connected and shows the default config with default pool.

Update: I was able to now get some units working again by connecting each one to the USB 1 port and booting the units individually. All but 1 of the units are now working. I will try connect the still bad unit to a PI and run it on its own.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Start them up and leave them be for 10-15 minutes. They will start up eventually. As long as you see the front LED start flashing slowly it will show up in the dashboard.

Solid RED led after startup and one flashing green led on the board, on the last unit that will not run, seems to be bricked.

If I connect this unit to the full unit/controller nothing loads on the miner page and the page defaults back to original default page, shows slushpool, no stats load.

Ok if it does not start flashing at all when you do stop or restart on the miner dashboard then that means the system does not see it at all. Shoot an email to us by replying to your order email and well go over some other troubleshooting steps.

Will do, was just writing you a PM with more info, but will email.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Have two issues.

2) All but 1 of my units have stopped working after trying to change the the miner settings. I have tried setting eco, balanced and even advanced with power from min to 45%. Only  One unit will work when I make these changes but the rest will not function at all. Even the main controller will not function with no unit connected and shows the default config with default pool.

Update: I was able to now get some units working again by connecting each one to the USB 1 port and booting the units individually. All but 1 of the units are now working. I will try connect the still bad unit to a PI and run it on its own.

Start them up and leave them be for 10-15 minutes. They will start up eventually. As long as you see the front LED start flashing slowly it will show up in the dashboard.

Solid RED led after startup and one flashing green led on the board, on the last unit that will not run, seems to be bricked.

If I connect this unit to the full unit/controller nothing loads on the miner page and the page defaults back to original default page, shows slushpool, no stats load.

Ok if it does not start flashing at all when you do stop or restart on the miner dashboard then that means the system does not see it at all. Shoot an email to us by replying to your order email and well go over some other troubleshooting steps.
Have two issues.

legendary
Have two issues.

legendary
Node is stopped.

We need a disable node option in GUI.

there is a stop node button.
Node is stopped.

We need a disable node option in GUI so that it doesn't start at boot.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Have two issues.

If you are downloading the block chain node you are likely stressing the cpu out

Three or four miners and a node down load may stress that cpu.

I AM almost back from the clifton mine I am hoping the node is loaded up.
Have two issues.

legendary
I'm mining and also syncing but the cpu load is less than 10%.
Everything seems to work ok, how come the load is so different?
about 43% synced.

Also, I tried to connect through MiningRigRentals but for some reason the end pool (in this case slush pool) doesn't receive the hashrate, although the rig is connected to MRR. Anybody in the same situation who made it work with MRR?
I am able to make MRR work with the LTC miner without any issue.

CPU usage during block sync is directly related to your bandwidth. During our tests we were maxing out the CPU at around 5-10 MB/s.

Will check out MRR, didn’t do any testing on that pool.

Was able to make MRR work.

What was the issue in case other users want to use this pool?
legendary
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?

It takes more than the 30 second timer to restart, so just wait for the dashboard to come back up...dont keep hitting restart.
Thanks.  I didn't hit restart but the once.  My miner continues to be dead after power off over night and the red/green light on the front does nothing.
Please advise on how to get my new miner working.

Reach out to us on email (reply to your order email with the issue) or via chat (on shop.futurebit.io) and well get you up and running.
Activity: 6
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?

It takes more than the 30 second timer to restart, so just wait for the dashboard to come back up...dont keep hitting restart.
Thanks.  I didn't hit restart but the once.  My miner continues to be dead after power off over night and the red/green light on the front does nothing.
Please advise on how to get my new miner working.
Activity: 53
I'm mining and also syncing but the cpu load is less than 10%.
Everything seems to work ok, how come the load is so different?
about 43% synced.

Also, I tried to connect through MiningRigRentals but for some reason the end pool (in this case slush pool) doesn't receive the hashrate, although the rig is connected to MRR. Anybody in the same situation who made it work with MRR?
I am able to make MRR work with the LTC miner without any issue.

CPU usage during block sync is directly related to your bandwidth. During our tests we were maxing out the CPU at around 5-10 MB/s.

Will check out MRR, didn’t do any testing on that pool.

Was able to make MRR work.
Jump to: