Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 124. (Read 44783 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 10
i switched to ethernet - still only 10/32 connections - but definitely downloading blockchain faster. 
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I'm mining and also syncing but the cpu load is less than 10%.
Everything seems to work ok, how come the load is so different?
about 43% synced.

Also, I tried to connect through MiningRigRentals but for some reason the end pool (in this case slush pool) doesn't receive the hashrate, although the rig is connected to MRR. Anybody in the same situation who made it work with MRR?
I am able to make MRR work with the LTC miner without any issue.

CPU usage during block sync is directly related to your bandwidth. During our tests we were maxing out the CPU at around 5-10 MB/s.

Will check out MRR, didn’t do any testing on that pool.

Ok makes sense. Also, I don't see the option to set failover pools? Can I only put one pool?
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
about 43% synced.

Also, I tried to connect through MiningRigRentals but for some reason the end pool (in this case slush pool) doesn't receive the hashrate, although the rig is connected to MRR. Anybody in the same situation who made it work with MRR?

CPU usage during block sync is directly related to your bandwidth. During our tests we were maxing out the CPU at around 5-10 MB/s.

Will check out MRR, didn’t do any testing on that pool.
Activity: 53
about 43% synced.

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
How did you guys synch so fast?  I'm at 59.37% Block Sync Progress, 74.91GB Blockchain Size, and 10/32 connections.  I am using Wifi - but it should get 300MB on my wifi network easily.  Mine got here after noontime so I didn't set it up until 1 or 2pm EST.

Fit and Finish are top notch - really like the color of the case.  GUI seems pretty slick - I'm also using CK's solo pool.

wifi is always slower on long downloads like the blockchain.

Once i figured that I lost my eth connection and started it again it picked right back up.

I am now over 95gb of the chain. I had up to 30 peers before the net dropped out.

I am back to 24 or so.

I am fucking around with ways to speed up the download.

I stopped the miner. I am just running the node.

It only uses 27% of the cpu.
It only uses 10-12 watts.
vs 80% and 126-130 watts when downloading and mining ⛏

since I only need to download once I don’t mind shutting the solopool off for 6-8 hours..
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
How did you guys synch so fast?  I'm at 59.37% Block Sync Progress, 74.91GB Blockchain Size, and 10/32 connections.  I am using Wifi - but it should get 300MB on my wifi network easily.  Mine got here after noontime so I didn't set it up until 1 or 2pm EST.

Fit and Finish are top notch - really like the color of the case.  GUI seems pretty slick - I'm also using CK's solo pool.
legendary
Okay I definitely corrupted the setup.  the sd card is a maybe and the 500 gb nvme is a maybe .

My internet dropped out and everything froze. After 3 or 4 minutes of being frozen even though internet was back.

Nothing worked.  So I pulled the power. And I now have a miner that do not connect and a node that does not connect and says I have 0 space on the 500 gb ssd stick reality is I have 411 space on the stick.

suggestions to get this back up.

My guess is a new image for the sd card so I can start from the beginning. I do have multiple empty 16gb and 32 gb samsung cards.

Good news it was an internet issue.  and it is now fixed. yeh!

An internet outage would not have corrupted your setup that easy. Stats on the node won't show up correctly unless your internet is online and the node starts syncing. Just give it a few minutes and check back on it, stats will probably sync up.
legendary
Okay I definitely corrupted the setup.  the sd card is a maybe and the 500 gb nvme is a maybe .

My internet dropped out and everything froze. After 3 or 4 minutes of being frozen even though internet was back.

Nothing worked.  So I pulled the power. And I now have a miner that do not connect and a node that does not connect and says I have 0 space on the 500 gb ssd stick reality is I have 411 space on the stick.

suggestions to get this back up.

My guess is a new image for the sd card so I can start from the beginning. I do have multiple empty 16gb and 32 gb samsung cards.

Good news it was an internet issue.  and it is now fixed. yeh!
legendary
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?

It takes more than the 30 second timer to restart, so just wait for the dashboard to come back up...dont keep hitting restart.
legendary
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?

I appear to have done the same.

I am busy with some other things I will get to this sooner or later.

This may be an internet issue at my home.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
Why is the backend code not published under an open source license?
I mean its BTC, small nice community project...

Do not trust, verify!
Activity: 6
I just recd mine and plugged it in.  It worked fine for a few minutes.  When I changed the setting to allow me to edit the performance mode, I was prompted to Save & Restart.  The machine won't restart even with a hard boot.  Suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2656
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Source for the UI is up on my github, backend firmware is all proprietary and built from the ground up for these ASICs (ie does not use open source cgminer/bfgminer).
Kudos for that, at least Kano can't argue about that aspect Wink
legendary
Thanks.
No source code will be available?
If not, then please make sure Raspberry Pi zero and 2 is available.
Some peeple use Raspbian, some Debian or Manjaro on Pis and so on. I don't know how is that all compatible with each other.
Debian uses different architecture on Pi zero than Raspbian as far as I understand.

Linux flavors dont matter, as long as the binaries are built for the architecture then it will work on all of them.

Thanks.
Will source code be available?

Source for the UI is up on my github, backend firmware is all proprietary and built from the ground up for these ASICs (ie does not use open source cgminer/bfgminer).
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Thanks.
Some peeple use Raspbian, some Debian or Manjaro on Pis and so on. I don't know how is that all compatible with each other.
Debian uses different architecture on Pi zero than Raspbian as far as I understand.

Linux flavors dont matter, as long as the binaries are built for the architecture then it will work on all of them.

Thanks.
Will source code be available?
legendary
I have the opposite situation from crypto_curious... I currently run a RPi as the controller for a couple of GekkoScience Terminus R606 miners. Can I run these miners off of Apollo BTC instead, and decommission the RPi?

Looking forward to getting my Apollo BTC soon!!!

If you have the full package version then yes, its a full desktop linux computer so you can install anything you want on it.
Activity: 19
Merit: 3
I have the opposite situation from crypto_curious... I currently run a RPi as the controller for a couple of GekkoScience Terminus R606 miners. Can I run these miners off of Apollo BTC instead, and decommission the RPi?

Looking forward to getting my Apollo BTC soon!!!
legendary
Thanks.

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Thanks.
legendary
Excellent, thanks! Downloading and running binary was very easy on normal Linux system.

That being said however, I have quite good Raspberry Pi 2, quad core ARM, which is still running strong, and that's where I want to run Apollo. I don't have Raspberry Pi 4. I could not find source code for your apollo-miner binary. Will there be code released for apollo-miner binary, so I can compile it myself and run on Raspberry Pi 2?
Hardware says:
Code:
Host: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1

But I also have plenty of Pi zeros, would love to run miner on that too.

Yea thats on the list, should have binaries for 32bit arm next week.
Jump to: