Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 66. (Read 39595 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1
Hello jstefanop, how is that update going? That was 28th September when you said "next week", and then again 12th November "next week", but it's December now and we have nothing. Binary was never updated since release.  Cry We still have to use bugged binary from 26th May 2021, that's 189 days ago. It's not like this is donation-only project, we are on what, 3rd batch of pre-orders now? We all, Apollo users, would appreciate if you can dedicate few hours to update and compile bugged software please.
Thank you.

Next week...
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Any news on updated miner binary?

Should have something by end of the week.

Hello jstefanop, how is that update going? That was 28th September when you said "next week", and then again 12th November "next week", but it's December now and we have nothing. Binary was never updated since release.  Cry We still have to use bugged binary from 26th May 2021, that's 189 days ago. It's not like this is donation-only project, we are on what, 3rd batch of pre-orders now? We all, Apollo users, would appreciate if you can dedicate few hours to update and compile bugged software please.
Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
There is no bug, the miner supports version rolling for new ASICs but its not implemented in the current ASIC hardware. This is why you are seeing incorrect version data.
Incorrect.

The bug in the code is that you use %x instead of %08x for writing out the version.
That is all it is.
Try reading the code.

Just like if you sent out a block without the leading zeros, no one on the network would accept it.

Lol ok buddy...want to take over writing the driver code for me will save me lots of time since you know what's on our ASICs die better than me Wink
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I’m sorry if this has been asked as I tried searching for it but I can’t get my Apollo btc to mine. The dashboard is indicating no hash rate or anything. I’ve tried restarting, checking WiFi, and numerous different settings and pools. It was working fine for months now all of a sudden nothing.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
There is no bug, the miner supports version rolling for new ASICs but its not implemented in the current ASIC hardware. This is why you are seeing incorrect version data.
Incorrect.

The bug in the code is that you use %x instead of %08x for writing out the version.
That is all it is.
Try reading the code.

Just like if you sent out a block without the leading zeros, no one on the network would accept it.
Now I'm intrigued: do you have Apollo ASIC firmware code available or are you reading the disassembly?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Incorrect.

That is all it is.
Try reading the code.

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Is there a reason why these miners don't have asicboost enabled?
That's pretty much the same as throwing away 10% of your hash rate you'd get for the same power.

Because its not implemented in the ASIC obviously.
Incorrect.

It turns out these miners can do asicboost.

You need to add the option "-roll_version"

However, the miner code has a bug in it that sends incorrect version data regularly so you lose lotsa shares.
I've put a hack into my pool to correct the bad data so you don't lose the shares/blocks Smiley

So solo mining on my pool with an apollo can use asicboost with the "-roll_version" option.

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is there a reason why these miners don't have asicboost enabled?
That's pretty much the same as throwing away 10% of your hash rate you'd get for the same power.

Because its not implemented in the ASIC obviously.
Incorrect.

It turns out these miners can do asicboost.

You need to add the option "-roll_version"

However, the miner code has a bug in it that sends incorrect version data regularly so you lose lotsa shares.
I've put a hack into my pool to correct the bad data so you don't lose the shares/blocks Smiley

So solo mining on my pool with an apollo can use asicboost with the "-roll_version" option.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I merited last three posts.

In the long run If BTC fails the other coins will all fail.

So primary goal should be to stack btc.

but yeah you can mine with a fuck a round coin like XEC hoping for a spike like doge did when it went from 0.002 cents to 78 cents.

Now personally I mine

1300 th on btc
   27 th on xec
     2 th on bch

the 2th is this apollo,

so it is easy to see i prefer btc over any coin.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Obviously you'll mine BTC if you have a winning strategy.

Other sha-256 coins like BCH are rubbish IMO.
Activity: 100
Merit: 29
First of all, wish to welcome back all the folks here from our Thanksgiving holidays and hope you had a good one.  Question for the forum and it is....We all know that the FutureBit Bitcoin miner was specifically designed with the purpose or intention of mining Bitcoin...but being it is a SHA256 ASIC based device can then indeed the Bitcoin miner mine other SHA256 based coins as some have made the argument that it can while others have made the argument it cannot...So which is it if I may ask?... Wink Cool
You can mine any SHA256-based coin you want.
Activity: 18
First of all, wish to welcome back all the folks here from our Thanksgiving holidays and hope you had a good one.  Question for the forum and it is....We all know that the FutureBit Bitcoin miner was specifically designed with the purpose or intention of mining Bitcoin...but being it is a SHA256 ASIC based device can then indeed the Bitcoin miner mine other SHA256 based coins as some have made the argument that it can while others have made the argument it cannot...So which is it if I may ask?... Wink Cool
Activity: 5
I updated my Apollo and 1 of them BTC node is ok and the miner inactive but I see he is online and mining on the pool.
The other same thing, node ok and miner inactive in the dashbord but online and mining on slush pool in my account. on this one I see jstefanop.worker1 on the dashboard page. weird!  Huh
Does a reboot fix this? Are you updating via local network or a connected monitor? Shoot an email if your still have this issue, want to see where the update is breaking.
FYI should have an updated image out later today as well.

Reboot change nothing and I made the update via local network
I ran into this inactive dashboard issue with my second full node unit (did a search on "jstefanop.worker1"). I re-flashed the SD card and that seems to have fixed it. The node picked up from where it left off, resuming the blockchain download.
Activity: 12
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Its getting cold here in NA, wondering how far I can safely push -brd_ocp and -osc.  I dont care about efficiency, just want to make some heat + extra hash.  Currently running 85/55.

Edit-  When looking at hash rate should I use by sol, or by jobs?    I got one of them up to 95/65 now and looks like im getting right about 3.8TH/s.  How much further can I go?  Shocked

** I am on a 1400W psu for 4 standard units **
Activity: 18
Hiya Jstefanop boss....just wanted to shoot out to you and the crew there with FutureBit a Happy and Grateful Thanksgiving.  I can say that my device is something I this year am grateful for it. It has had no issues so far and yes I keep my wife's cat away from it.  It gets curious about it but it is like ...eh eh eh....kitty no go near the device and then I run her off...lol.. Cool ...but yea device has been working flawlessly since September and over this past weekend I took her offline and shut down the miner and the node...and got a can of air for dusting electronics and carefully blew out some dust that had accumulated on it and some dust off the power supply device and then turned her back on and got node and miner back up and running... Grin  ...thank you for having created this device...by the way...I have my hound dogs keeping an eye out for my 2 new miners that I hope I will be getting sometime by January... Cool ...but yea wherever you and your family are on this Thanksgiving may it be a good and safe one, and well the same goes for the FutureBit crew... Cool...oh yea a holler out to all the fans and bloggers of FutureBit a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well... Cool...Tempestblack
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Any news on when the 32bit version is coming out?

Wrapping up testing on updated binary today, and should have it out by next week!

How's it going? A week (and a bit later)

Will the new firmware enable multiple or rather backup pools in the GUI?

Or is that a limitation of the miner software?

Thanks
Activity: 8
Bought 3 units in Batch 1.

Only one of which had a working front LED. I was informed that the contacts to the other two must have been damaged in shipping.

I'd like to be able to spot check them with a glance.

If it is a simple soldering job, could you provide instructions on how to DIY repair this issue??

Activity: 67
So I am NEWBIE and have ordered an Apollo BTC with a Full Node. Does the Apollo only mine BTC or can it mine Doge/Litecoin?  If it can mine DOGE/Litecoin, how do I go by it?  What is the average BTC return monthly?  Anyone have a list of mining pools that are recommended and profitable?

https://zergpool.com/site/mining?algo=sha256

https://coinminerz.com/litecoincash

https://slushpool.com/en/home/ ( about 25$ / month in eco mode)

Check for SHA256 to see more....
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
This particular Apollo BTC -model only mines Bitcoin and other SHA-256 algo coins.
Activity: 59
So I am NEWBIE and have ordered an Apollo BTC with a Full Node. Does the Apollo only mine BTC or can it mine Doge/Litecoin?  If it can mine DOGE/Litecoin, how do I go by it?  What is the average BTC return monthly?  Anyone have a list of mining pools that are recommended and profitable?
Pages:
Jump to: