Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread - page 70. (Read 39457 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Sorry if this has already been asked. It's kinda hard to search this thread but has anyone upgraded the drive to 1TB or 2TB? If so would you be able to provide a quick summary of the process? I'm a total newb so still learning but I'm thinking of setting up a lightning node when my batch 3 order arrives and it seems like it would make more sense to just upgrade the drive right away.
Activity: 5
Is it possible to add the SBC to a Standard Unit to make it a Full Node?  Which SBC is it?

dWiGhT
Activity: 924
Merit: 175

My HDMI output has stopped working. I've tried restarting the TV it's connected to. I even tried a new HDMI cable before finding this thread. My problem now is that I cannot log into my dashboard using the IP address on my laptop - it's telling me the password is incorrect. Any ideas?

You can try login via ssh. User is futurebit and password futurebit123.

I'm sorry, what is ssh?

It's a Linux console login method. If you don't know how to use it, you will be better off just re-flashing your SD card. Just reflash it and start over, save your password this time  Smiley Image links you will find on first page of this thread.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925

My HDMI output has stopped working. I've tried restarting the TV it's connected to. I even tried a new HDMI cable before finding this thread. My problem now is that I cannot log into my dashboard using the IP address on my laptop - it's telling me the password is incorrect. Any ideas?

I'm sorry, what is ssh?

Secure Shell. It's a command line interface access to the device, remotely. Use something like Putty to log in and use the IP address for the device you want to access along with the log in credentials. It's pretty easy to access

I'm sorry, what is ssh?
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
I haven't seen any more mention of when Lightning Node will be available. When can we expect that to be a part of the build?

This is what I'm hanging for too! Any updates?
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
I haven't seen any more mention of when Lightning Node will be available. When can we expect that to be a part of the build?

Just did update and reboot and miners show inactive ?
1. stopped node
2. stopped miners
3. verified both where not active
4. started update on Web dashboard
5. updated in 2 min all went good.
6. started miners all going good as you can hear the fans spool up.
7. PROBLEM dashboard shows NO hashrate, NO Watts, status showing all 4 units inactive with no info, pool status inactive
-front red led slow flashing on all units, orange/yellow lights on bottom of all units flashing, all units green light flashing and also the other solid green,
- login into Slushpool account and it shows active hashrates no issues on that end
8. stopped miner and node and confimed it stopped
9. clicked on reboot, system rebooted everything the same as above miners workings confirmed in slushpool but all in showing inactive on web dashboard.

Any suggestions and anyone else with this issue?
 And no issues with internet connection

Update should have taken way longer than two minutes. Sounds like it did not complete all the way. Try re-flashing SD card and re-doing the update and see if you have the same issue. 
*UPDATE*
Re-flashed SD card using (balenaEtcher) and removed SSD so not to lose my synced blocks. Rebooted just the full node unit on its own. Unit booted up but lost HDMI output signal to monitor (has happen before).  Work around to shut down unit nicely is to grab my laptop and login in thru router IP address dashboard and shut down unit. To get the HDMI working again it seem that you have to not only shut down the unit in the dashboard but ALSO (at least for me) have turn off the power supply too. HDMI output working again, shutdown miner and unit. Reinstalled SSD. Powered up all 4 units. Verified miners and node dashboard info working and correct, all good. Turned off miners and node, tried the update again (updated completed in 3min 17sec) reset pool info and all is back to normal.
Thanks Jstefanop

Cool, yea must have been a bad/corrupted build on the UI during the update. Will probably switch to pre-built releases in the future instead of doing updates this way since it’s more prone to random errors.

FYI getting hdmi to work if your monitor loses signal usually works if you just power on/off the monitor.

Activity: 17
My full unit and 2 standards have ran great for a couple months.  couple restarts here and there.  today they quit hashing and it won't let me log into the dashboard.  i powered them down and back on, still nothing and it's not hashing.  the red lights are all blinking like normal though?  ideas?

when you power everything down, are you also closing firefox / the web browser? i noticed that sometimes if i leave it open and reboot, it will try to open the previous tab I had open upon turning the computer back on. if you had it on /stop then it might be getting stuck there.

try closing all the windows prior to turning it off so it starts a "fresh" session upon reboot. idk if that would fix the issue but i had something similar and hilariously that actually fixed it.

May or may not be relevant... but in troubleshooting my own slew of issues I did have the following realization...

If anything causes them to powercycle, they often rejoin your network at a new/unique IP address (or they can, depending on your router setup).
So, if your accessing these over the internet, verify they have not moved to a new IP address!
Activity: 14
I have a Full Unit that I'm running one Standard unit off of right now.  I'm planning on adding one more but if I use a USB hub can I add more then TWO Standard units to the Full Unit?

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

https://ibb.co/s9S5NVc

Is that 7 Standards on one Full unit? We have not event tested that many internally  Cheesy

Yes jstefanop, that is 7 standard units running through a USB hub to 1 Full unit.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I have a Full Unit that I'm running one Standard unit off of right now.  I'm planning on adding one more but if I use a USB hub can I add more then TWO Standard units to the Full Unit?

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

Is that 7 Standards on one Full unit? We have not event tested that many internally  Cheesy

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

Any opinion on the USB hub to use?

Any hub will do, even USB 1.0, power is not transported via USB connection but data only at low bandwidth rate, no powered hub necessary.
I have a Full Unit that I'm running one Standard unit off of right now.  I'm planning on adding one more but if I use a USB hub can I add more then TWO Standard units to the Full Unit?

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

This is the one I used from amazon thats in the picture link above. *iDsonix USB 3.0 Hub, 7-Port 12V / 2A Powered USB Hub with Individual Switches 5Gbps High Speed Transfer BC1.2 (5V2.4A) Fast Charge USB Splitter

I did find that even if I unplugged the power for the USB hub it did not effect the communication or hash rate of the units.

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

dWiGhT

Yes you can.

dWiGhT
Activity: 9
Can anyone recommend a good PSU to use to run 2 LTC and 2 BTC miners? Right now I'm using the Futurebit power supplies and one blew up on me so I'm looking to replace and consolidate.
I'm running 3 BTC hash boards on balanced mode on a be quiet! Dark Power 12 750W, in single rail mode. I mainly selected on modularity and number of cables. It had enough cables to power the 3 boards, so with one extra cable I could add one more hash board, it's not close to max power.

Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!
Activity: 66
Merit: 35
My full unit and 2 standards have ran great for a couple months.  couple restarts here and there.  today they quit hashing and it won't let me log into the dashboard.  i powered them down and back on, still nothing and it's not hashing.  the red lights are all blinking like normal though?  ideas?

when you power everything down, are you also closing firefox / the web browser? i noticed that sometimes if i leave it open and reboot, it will try to open the previous tab I had open upon turning the computer back on. if you had it on /stop then it might be getting stuck there.

try closing all the windows prior to turning it off so it starts a "fresh" session upon reboot. idk if that would fix the issue but i had something similar and hilariously that actually fixed it.
Activity: 15
My full unit and 2 standards have ran great for a couple months.  couple restarts here and there.  today they quit hashing and it won't let me log into the dashboard.  i powered them down and back on, still nothing and it's not hashing.  the red lights are all blinking like normal though?  ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: