Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 8. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 277
Merit: 70
I have been running a node for quite some time, i had a power outage and when the miner started back up, the node will not run.  After I start it I get this error:

There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

Any ideas what's up?  Or how to fix it?

reimage the sd card. or the usb drive.

more than likely one of them was corrupted.

That did it!  Thanks!  Next question, the fan is on it's last legs, any idea what the specs are so I can order a replacement?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
I have been running a node for quite some time, i had a power outage and when the miner started back up, the node will not run.  After I start it I get this error:

There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

Any ideas what's up?  Or how to fix it?

reimage the sd card. or the usb drive.

more than likely one of them was corrupted.
Activity: 277
Merit: 70
I have been running a node for quite some time, i had a power outage and when the miner started back up, the node will not run.  After I start it I get this error:

Any ideas what's up?  Or how to fix it?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
So I am looking in to starting my full node.  I have the latest Litecoin zip file on a FAT32 USB drive.  When starting my node, I only see 8 connections.  It sounds as if I have to open up inbound connections to the node via port forwarding aka STATIC NAT.

Before I do this I'm curious what the security implications of this are.  How secure is the node service? Is there a github repository I can look at for known vulnerabilities, or? My concern is by doing this it could open up my home internal network to outside attackers.  I unfortunately don't have the option to put this into a DMZ of sorts.
legendary
can you mine with it other coins then LTC which are using scrypt?

Should be able to mine anything that is scrypt algo
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
can you mine with it other coins then LTC which are using scrypt?
Activity: 2
possible to buy it still?

I ordered mine on last Friday, and I don't find the product availability on the Futurebit website this week.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
possible to buy it still?
Activity: 2
Issue: Apollo Batch 3 WiFi setting trouble

I just received my Apollo Batch 3 and everything looks working fine except WiFi. Regardless of correct WiFI password, I keep getting the following error prompt on ApolloUI:

There was a problem connecting to the wifi, please doucle check the password. Internal error

I read the previous thread that we can use SSH to setup the WiFi. However, if I type the following prompt in the Windows Command Prompt:

ssh futurebit

I used password 'futurebit' and it says that Permission denied, please try again.

Could you please guide me how I can resolve this issue? Thank you.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Try re-image USB with LTC blockchain. I had same problem a few months ago.
Activity: 3
Hi, i have problems starting my node, it is stucked on "Node is offline". I can restart, wait as long as i want, and nothing happens. Is there an alternative way, to check that everything is fine. (The node used to tun fine, i come back from vacations and it is stucked and i cannot re-start it.)
legendary
just glad to see you up and running!
Excellent, that fixed it! To fix, I had to do the following to get rid of the RED LED and ECONNREFUSED message:

1. Download new Apollo OS image (check first page in this thread for link to MEGA download)
2. Unzip .img file from the download
3. Used RaspberryPi Imager (I had it handy, works great for imaging MicroSD cards) to point to the .img file and my MicroSD card inserted in a USB to SD card adapter
4. Inserted MicroSD card back into Apollo miner
5. Configured my laptop to act as a DHCP server for the miner, verified it had an IP address, and logged in
6. Did first startup stuff like enter pool info and browser password
7. Set up wifi on miner
8. Logged in to miner via SSH and issued 'sudo ifdown eth0' to turn off ethernet
9. Restarted mining process
10. Mining!

Thanks for the help figuring this out.  Super happy that it was something simple and hopefully this will help someone else in the future.
Hey all,

I just bought a Futurebit Apollo (< 1 week ago) and had it running fine connected via ethernet.  My wife complained it was "too loud" where it was... so I logged in, powered it down, flipped the PSU I/O button to off, and started moving it to another room.  Powering it back on, it connected to the wifi no problem but would not start.  The LED on the front is a solid RED.  I can SSH/HTTP to the device without issue.  It does respond and is online.

After digging through the /var/log/syslog entries it looks like it is receiving the "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1" message which seems to have only been posted here once before.  I validated that yes, my pool information had not changed, but tried to delete/re-enter it just for testing.  No go.  The miner refuses to start. 

The beginning of this thread indicates a RED LED on the miner could be a hardware fault, or something to do with a power supply not providing the proper voltages? I noticed the PSU had an LED indicator as well that remains dark even though it provides power enough to boot the system.

Am I completely fucked at this point or do I need a new power supply?

Out of curiosity - move it back to where you had it originally and see if it works - if so, then miner is fine and its the wifi most likely that is keeping it from mining.

I should have mentioned - I did try this.  Same power port on my surge protector, same ethernet cable used before.  Same red LED on the miner and no LED on the PSU.

maybe corrupt sd card - were you running the node version? and if so, did you go into the gui and shut down the node prior to powering it off?

While I did buy the Full Package, I didn't opt for the Full Node as I thought I could just buy a flash drive off of Newegg later.  So I was not running the Node option.  I'm not sure how the MicroSD card could become corrupt moving it from room to room, but at this point I'll try anything to get it to work again.  Will report back once I dd my card with the latest version of Apollo OS and try again...
legendary
Hey all,

I just bought a Futurebit Apollo (< 1 week ago) and had it running fine connected via ethernet.  My wife complained it was "too loud" where it was... so I logged in, powered it down, flipped the PSU I/O button to off, and started moving it to another room.  Powering it back on, it connected to the wifi no problem but would not start.  The LED on the front is a solid RED.  I can SSH/HTTP to the device without issue.  It does respond and is online.

After digging through the /var/log/syslog entries it looks like it is receiving the "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1" message which seems to have only been posted here once before.  I validated that yes, my pool information had not changed, but tried to delete/re-enter it just for testing.  No go.  The miner refuses to start. 

The beginning of this thread indicates a RED LED on the miner could be a hardware fault, or something to do with a power supply not providing the proper voltages? I noticed the PSU had an LED indicator as well that remains dark even though it provides power enough to boot the system.

Out of curiosity - move it back to where you had it originally and see if it works - if so, then miner is fine and its the wifi most likely that is keeping it from mining.

I should have mentioned - I did try this.  Same power port on my surge protector, same ethernet cable used before.  Same red LED on the miner and no LED on the PSU.

maybe corrupt sd card - were you running the node version? and if so, did you go into the gui and shut down the node prior to powering it off?
Hey all,

legendary
Hey all,

Hey all,

Activity: 1251
Merit: 135
@jstefanop

My Apollo was shutting down on its own and on visual inspection I found this capacitor(?) hanging on by a thread, just touching it took it off the rest of the way with a sad crunch. :/

Any ideas on what happened or how I can try and get it fixed?

Update: I opened the case to take a look and it is identified as slot C268 on the board. Idk if you are offering repairs on these, if I can get the specs or a link to purchase a replacement I can try and solder a new part back in.

Bump

Woh never seen that happen. Thats an aluminum cap that looks like it was defective. Shoot me a DM well take care of it.

It is 2020, another capacitor plague would not surprise anyone in the slightest.

If you look at the picture the lower right power plug is discolored from either arcing or from thermal stress.  This may be the issue with the cap losing it.   
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per LTC reaches $200 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 5 years.
Pages:
Jump to: