Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 5. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Is it possible to enable RPC on a full node? I'm writing a program to monitor my balances and I'm wanting to call the JSON RPC to get the balance for a public address. Since I already have a full node apollo running, I'd like to use that instead of setting up a 2nd node and would definitely be beneficial on the BTC apollo that I have on order so I'm not running 2 BTC nodes as well.
Activity: 223
Merit: 12

Multipools cause issues based on how they send work data. For nicehash try putting #xnsub at the end of the url, and make sure ALL failover and donation pools are disabled.

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't do the trick. When miner fires back up, I can't even get to dashboard... I've moved it back to the other pool for now. Its not a big deal if I can't get it to work with Nicehash, though I'd like to.

I scrolled back a bit and saw some of the previous negative commentary.

FWIW, I've been a big fan for years. Had several Moonlanders over time, and really love this Apollo LCT unit now. I missed the BTC offering, or I would have gladly jumped on that. I'd been wanting to see someone do something like that for years now.

Keep up the good work.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Apologies 100% if this has been asked and answered... I did dig around through quite a few of these pages before posting.

Is there an issue with these units and Nicehash? I've tried unsuccessfully all day today to switch the pool to Nicehash, and it immediately goes to an inactive status. I can put it on any other pool and it immediately begins hashing (Sigmapool, Litecoinpool, etc.) with no issues.

Settings:

Server:  stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa-east.nicehash.com:3333

Worker: 3D***********kp.APOLLO

Pass:  x

Thanks in advance...

Multipools cause issues based on how they send work data. For nicehash try putting #xnsub at the end of the url, and make sure ALL failover and donation pools are disabled.
Activity: 223
Merit: 12
Apologies 100% if this has been asked and answered... I did dig around through quite a few of these pages before posting.

Is there an issue with these units and Nicehash? I've tried unsuccessfully all day today to switch the pool to Nicehash, and it immediately goes to an inactive status. I can put it on any other pool and it immediately begins hashing (Sigmapool, Litecoinpool, etc.) with no issues.

Settings:

Server:  stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa-east.nicehash.com:3333

Worker: 3D***********kp.APOLLO

Pass:  x

Thanks in advance...
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Also does anyone know of any suitable fan replacements? My batch 1 unit is perfectly fine at the moment just wondering if there are any better quieter options out there.

The fan specs and requirements have been mentioned in a older message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48627834
Activity: 5
Hi jstefanop, I have a gen 1 apollo and I want to be able to run a node on it. I was wondering if you are going to have the upgrade kits in stock soon. TIA Best J
If it's the MCU board you are missing, it's the 512MB version of Orange PI Zero (not "plus", not "2") with straight pins soldered in the expansion port.
Thanks for that info. I just ordered a 512MB Orange PI Zero and will attempt to do the upgrade. Also does anyone know of any suitable fan replacements? My batch 1 unit is perfectly fine at the moment just wondering if there are any better quieter options out there.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
One of my two apollo batch 1 after being shut down, it didn't work anymore. When turning it on, only the fan runs for 1-2 s and stops. The front led has no activity and the network card leds appear to have normal activity. I already cleaned it and tried to find any signs of damage but I can't find any.
What else can I try?

That front led is software controlled. It showing no activity suggests that the system doesn't boot at all or not correctly at least. In that situations your options are somewhat limited:

Option 1) Re-flash the sd card. In many cases that appears to help.

Option 2) Flash another sd card. The current one may be dead.

Option 3) The non-trivial option: Get a USB to TTL adapter and attach it to the uart of the mcu board. That will allow you to see what is happening during system boot and possibly give a clue what's wrong.

Thanks whiteogre,
Option 1 made everything light up. I thought that the front led would give some signal even with the card damaged but not. So my two 'apollos' continue to mine and soon reach 5 LTC.
Activity: 4
You can only use two or more pools, if they are both mining the same coin. If you use multipools, use only one (no failover). This is a bfgminer known problem.
Thanks man, did not realize that the problem. Appreciate the answer!
Hi jstefanop, I have a gen 1 apollo and I want to be able to run a node on it. I was wondering if you are going to have the upgrade kits in stock soon. TIA Best J
If it's the MCU board you are missing, it's the 512MB version of Orange PI Zero (not "plus", not "2") with straight pins soldered in the expansion port.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
@jstefanop

Hey, I don't know if this is an issue with the Apollo firmware or the way that Prohashing issues work and switches coins, but figured I'd give you a heads up in case you or anyone else had ideas on how to solve.

TL;DR: When using Prohashing and having an active and failover pool enabled in my Apollo dash, I get high error rate, reducing hashing, and hash power going to active and failover pools simultaneously.

This is what I posted on their support forums, just speculating:

You can only use two or more pools, if they are both mining the same coin. If you use multipools, use only one (no failover). This is a bfgminer known problem.
Merit: 1
@jstefanop

Hey, I don't know if this is an issue with the Apollo firmware or the way that Prohashing issues work and switches coins, but figured I'd give you a heads up in case you or anyone else had ideas on how to solve.

TL;DR: When using Prohashing and having an active and failover pool enabled in my Apollo dash, I get high error rate, reducing hashing, and hash power going to active and failover pools simultaneously.

This is what I posted on their support forums, just speculating:

I used the configurator to get the default options for my Futurebit Apollo scrypt miner and pointed it at the pool, I am noticing that it takes a long time to start up, skipping over the first coin in fact and going directly to LTC.

After a short period the hardware error rate skyrockets up to 30% and the hashrate declines dramatically. The error rate seems to slowly stabilize around 14-15%, with my hashrate ultimately being stuck around 80-90. I am using it in Eco mode, which should provide roughly at least 100 Mh/s.

Worth nothing, I don't experience this issue with others pools, such as litecoinpool. I wouldn't mind pointing my Scrypt miner at Prohashing, but this hit to hashrate is untenable and I don't want to inadvertently crash my miner, any possible solutions?

Edit: I don't know if this is the root problem or not. It looks like while having a failover pool set, perhaps because of the delay of initially getting work, the miner is considering Prohashing as simultaneously being in an active and fail state and sending some hash power to the failover pool. Perhaps this is causing a problem with the difficulty calculation from Prohashing and causing the error rate when switching between currently mined coins? Disabling the backup pool altogether, which is non-ideal, seems to resolve the HW error and reduced hashing state.
wyn
Activity: 6
Merit: 3
I purchased 10gh of l3+ miners and the op gave free firmware that lowers the watts used on L3+ gear saving me a lot of watts since 2018.
at jstefanop  thank you 🙏

not to hijack, but what firmware are your L3+s rocking these days?

i picked up a used L3+ off ebay and just now am able to power it up and test it. The firmware on it is ~2018

more on topic, I have seen a lot of folks inquire about replacement fans ... my batch 2 fan was doing fine but seemed to be a bit louder than I remembered after a move.

I went with https://www.newegg.com/p/1YF-014R-000U0?Item=9SIAS45CZW8656 and the Futurebit Apollo LTC has been running cooler and quieter (I did clean it well on the fanswap and that always helps).
High Speed: This model is designed to maximize airflow and can be too loud for some applications. 92 x 92 x 38 mm ( 3.62 x 3.62 x 1.5 in.)
Rated Voltage: 12V
Rated Current: 1A
Airflow: 117 CFM
Power: 12W
Speed: 5800 RPM

It's always nice to have a backup if one croaks.

Cheers
One of my two apollo batch 1 after being shut down, it didn't work anymore. When turning it on, only the fan runs for 1-2 s and stops. The front led has no activity and the network card leds appear to have normal activity. I already cleaned it and tried to find any signs of damage but I can't find any.
What else can I try?

That front led is software controlled. It showing no activity suggests that the system doesn't boot at all or not correctly at least. In that situations your options are somewhat limited:

Option 1) Re-flash the sd card. In many cases that appears to help.

Option 2) Flash another sd card. The current one may be dead.

Option 3) The non-trivial option: Get a USB to TTL adapter and attach it to the uart of the mcu board. That will allow you to see what is happening during system boot and possibly give a clue what's wrong.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
What else can I try?
Activity: 62
I read this if it helps

"When errors happen in the Jaxx Liberty wallet you can click on the red bar at the bottom and you get a pop-up with possible causes and solutions."

If I were you I would swipe the Jaxx wallet into ios Coinomi and Desktop version.  

Moved into Coinomi using Jaxx wallet keys and it picked it right up. Thanks! Can't buy the BTC preorder units because in the time wasted with this they've all been sold. @#%##*(*(^$&%
Activity: 721
Merit: 504
I read this if it helps

"When errors happen in the Jaxx Liberty wallet you can click on the red bar at the bottom and you get a pop-up with possible causes and solutions."

If I were you I would swipe the Jaxx wallet into ios Coinomi and Desktop version. 
Activity: 62
Repeatedly tried to purchase a couple of BTC preorder devices from Futurebit with LTC but I keep getting the same error message. This is the first time sending LTC so I have no pending transactions. Tried using different browsers on the Futurebit side - no difference. Error code: TX-018. Tried searching the web for possible solutions but nothing. Anyone experience this error?

Mac version of JAXX - latest. Also tried on iPhone with latest JAXX.

UPDATE: Even tried to send LTC funds to an EXODUS wallet - same error.
UPDATE 2: Deleted JAXX off desktop, reinstalled - same error.

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
How do I reset a Batch 2/3 apollo? I was given one, but my friend left it with his credentials. I want to reset to default settings. Thanks!

if you are able to log into it, you can change all that inside the control panel - you can change the PW, you can change the pool settings, if you get a copy of the fw you could wipe the sd card and reinstall it.

I’m in the same situation. Is there a way to reset the password? I am not able to login to access the control panel/dashboard to change anything. Would a new sd card offer an opportunity for reset?

There is no way to reset the password without reseting the firmware. You dont need a new SD card, just follow the instructions on the first page here to reflash your existing SD card.
Activity: 1
How do I reset a Batch 2/3 apollo? I was given one, but my friend left it with his credentials. I want to reset to default settings. Thanks!

if you are able to log into it, you can change all that inside the control panel - you can change the PW, you can change the pool settings, if you get a copy of the fw you could wipe the sd card and reinstall it.

I’m in the same situation. Is there a way to reset the password? I am not able to login to access the control panel/dashboard to change anything. Would a new sd card offer an opportunity for reset?
Pages:
Jump to: