Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 7. (Read 49483 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Hello Everyone,

I bought an Apollo back in Dec. from a guy in another country. took it a few weeks to get here but it finally did. Was supposed to be in good working order.... Well when I connect it all I get is solid green and yellow lights on the RJ45 port. No other lights and no fan turning. I tried downloading new firmware with no luck, I then tried a new 32gb sd card still no luck. There never seems to be anything going on with it. The lights on my netgear switch never light up so I does not seem to do much of anything.
Not sure if this thing was previously broken or maybe something happened in shipping? Or am I just doing something totally wrong?
I have plenty of practice with mining devices, 4 years ago I had those usb gizzmos, a dozen of those 5 chip orbs, currently a few gpu mining rigs and some antminers. Just wanted to get a small Scrypt miner that was low power use.
Let me know if any of you have any thoughts on this that would be great! Otherwise in a few days will have to do a return....
Thanks
Activity: 5
The futurebit apollo batch 2 has become a doorstopper worth $400 USD...

developer not interested in providing support, ignoring messages.

everbody be warned, learn from my mistake!

@sunpower_miner
The first code field in your post shows the ip address 192.168.1.222 but the second code field shows ip address 192.168.1.122 .  Was there maybe some simple typo error?

good catch HagssFIN , classic typo. thanks anyway.

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
@sunpower_miner
The first code field in your post shows the ip address 192.168.1.222 but the second code field shows ip address 192.168.1.122 .  Was there maybe some simple typo error?
@jstefanop
please review and advise my last post!
the unit is still unresponsible!

Activity: 277
Merit: 70
UPDATE:
I installed a new fan which seems to have caused the issue.  The new fan is not reporting rpm for some reason, and when I put the old fan back on, it runs fine!  There must be a failsafe if rpms are not reported?
OH NO!

My apollo now reboots itself every 2 minutes.  The led stopped working also.  I am not sure if tat is related to the issue or not.  Please help, I love this little dude and have been running it for years!

I have re-flashed the image several times.  Tried node version and without node version same result.   Any ideas?
Do you still have the full node drive plugged in? Make sure you remove it to be sure thats not causing the issue. That loop also sounds like it cant detect the hashboard. Make sure the controller is properly seated in its socket on the backside.

usb drive is disconnected and hasboard sitting rock solid in it's socket.

still the same behaviour. orange light comes on 4 times together with the fan and that's it.

after like 20 times trying I was lucky and managed to establish a ssh connection.

the unit reset connection on it's own. afterwards froze again and I am not able to re-connect d/t connection timed out

Code:
C:\Users\admin>ssh [email protected]
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.222 port 22: Connection timed out

C:\Users\admin>ssh [email protected] -l futurebit
[email protected]'s password:
 _____      _                  ____  _ _        _                _ _
|  ___|   _| |_ _   _ _ __ ___| __ )(_) |_     / \   _ __   ___ | | | ___
| |_ | | | | __| | | | '__/ _ \  _ \| | __|   / _ \ | '_ \ / _ \| | |/ _ \
|  _|| |_| | |_| |_| | | |  __/ |_) | | |_   / ___ \| |_) | (_) | | | (_) |
|_|   \__,_|\__|\__,_|_|  \___|____/|_|\__| /_/   \_\ .__/ \___/|_|_|\___/
                                                    |_|

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.70 stable Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS 4.19.13-sunxi
System load:   1.42 0.34 0.11   Up time:       0 min
Memory usage:  12 % of 493MB    IP:            192.168.1.222
CPU temp:      47°C
Usage of /:    6% of 29G

Last login: Tue Jan 29 18:11:44 2019 from 192.168.0.102

Connection reset by 192.168.1.222 port 22

[email protected]'s password:

Code:
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.122 port 22: Connection timed out

what else you suggest?
been quite a painful new year so far watching LTC performance with the apollo disconnected from litecoinpool...  Roll Eyes
thankful for any help
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
happy new year, hope everyone is healthy!

After 2 days and one night of trying to fix it on my own I am here now...
Because I got a serious problem with my apollo batch 2 and hope you can help me  Sad Undecided

my unit is not booting anymore.
also ssh into is not working anymore.
sometimes I am fast enough when the putty connection window opens to type in the apollos login, but when it comes to the ssh password it gives me back a 'software caused a connection or network error'.

the unit shows periodically 4 times an orange light blinking an then fan comes on very slow and then nothing again.
after around 20 seconds again 4 times orange light blinking, little fan activity and so on... it feels to me like kind of caught in a boot-loop?

I already tried re-flashing 4 different 32 GB SD cards (2 of them were fresh out of amazon package, new) with same result, the unit is not booting.The original SD card that came with the unit also not working. For PSU I am using the futurebit original that came with the full package. Flashing an old image also not working, same problem.

it all started when I was using the new fullnode image that suddenly gave me a solid red light. it was the last time I was able to see the futurebit dashboard!

how can I fix my apollo? is there a workaround to connect the unit by usb or ethernet cable to a pc and somehow become it responsive again to  reflash it? Rebooting router, using different cables, all was done and nothing helped.

Been reading through every single page of this thread and what I found were dozens of comments with just 'reflash your SD card'.
well, that solved it for pretty much the most of you but unfortunately not for me...

I would be more than happy to see my unit mining again. Seriously no more need for the node functionality, because this started all my problems!

Thanks for your help

Do you still have the full node drive plugged in? Make sure you remove it to be sure thats not causing the issue. That loop also sounds like it cant detect the hashboard. Make sure the controller is properly seated in its socket on the backside.
Activity: 6
Hi friend I'm in the same situation the apollo starts briefly and shows the dashboard screen with 0.00 MH I flashed in many different tabs but nothing no solution, it restarts after a while, the light is yellow flashing fast, and then slowly flashing yellow you have found a solution to your thanks
happy new year, hope everyone is healthy!

After 2 days and one night of trying to fix it on my own I am here now...
Because I got a serious problem with my apollo batch 2 and hope you can help me  Sad Undecided

my unit is not booting anymore.
also ssh into is not working anymore.
sometimes I am fast enough when the putty connection window opens to type in the apollos login, but when it comes to the ssh password it gives me back a 'software caused a connection or network error'.

the unit shows periodically 4 times an orange light blinking an then fan comes on very slow and then nothing again.
after around 20 seconds again 4 times orange light blinking, little fan activity and so on... it feels to me like kind of caught in a boot-loop?

I already tried re-flashing 4 different 32 GB SD cards (2 of them were fresh out of amazon package, new) with same result, the unit is not booting.The original SD card that came with the unit also not working. For PSU I am using the futurebit original that came with the full package. Flashing an old image also not working, same problem.

it all started when I was using the new fullnode image that suddenly gave me a solid red light. it was the last time I was able to see the futurebit dashboard!

how can I fix my apollo? is there a workaround to connect the unit by usb or ethernet cable to a pc and somehow become it responsive again to  reflash it? Rebooting router, using different cables, all was done and nothing helped.

Been reading through every single page of this thread and what I found were dozens of comments with just 'reflash your SD card'.
well, that solved it for pretty much the most of you but unfortunately not for me...

I would be more than happy to see my unit mining again. Seriously no more need for the node functionality, because this started all my problems!

Thanks for your help

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
How do I reset a Batch 2/3 apollo? I was given one, but my friend left it with his credentials. I want to reset to default settings. Thanks!

if you are able to log into it, you can change all that inside the control panel - you can change the PW, you can change the pool settings, if you get a copy of the fw you could wipe the sd card and reinstall it.
Activity: 13
How do I reset a Batch 2/3 apollo? I was given one, but my friend left it with his credentials. I want to reset to default settings. Thanks!
legendary
I have been running a node for quite some time, i had a power outage and when the miner started back up, the node will not run.  After I start it I get this error:

There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

Any ideas what's up?  Or how to fix it?

reimage the sd card. or the usb drive.

more than likely one of them was corrupted.

That did it!  Thanks!  Next question, the fan is on it's last legs, any idea what the specs are so I can order a replacement?

well glad that helped - as for the fan - from the FutureBit website:

2k-6k PWM High Static Pressure Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor

and that is all they provide, but maybe he will chime in and give you the size.

Fans specs is 12v 4 Pin 92x38mm @5k RPM....RPM has to be > 5k otherwise system will throw a fan error.

Do you sell spare fans?
thanks!

Only have stock for warranty replacement, head over to futurebit.io and shoot us an email and might be able to send you one if you have an issue.
legendary
Activity: 2707
Merit: 1181
I have been running a node for quite some time, i had a power outage and when the miner started back up, the node will not run.  After I start it I get this error:

There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

That did it!  Thanks!  Next question, the fan is on it's last legs, any idea what the specs are so I can order a replacement?

2k-6k PWM High Static Pressure Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor

Fans specs is 12v 4 Pin 92x38mm @5k RPM....RPM has to be > 5k otherwise system will throw a fan error.

Do you sell spare fans?
thanks!
Activity: 1251
Merit: 135
Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per LTC reaches $200 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 5 years.

Grin Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per BTC reaches $200,000 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 500 years.

Man how time flies  Grin
Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per LTC reaches $200 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 5 years.

Grin Litecoin mining wont be profitable until the price per BTC reaches $200,000 usd each. I wouldnt expect to make a profit anytime in the next 500 years.
I haven't gotten it apart yet.  Can the fan be thinner?  I found a 92 x25 and a 92 x 15.
legendary

thanks for the quick turn around with the specs! btw where can I send the usb miner to get it fixed?
legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: