Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 45. (Read 49763 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Perhaps a novice question, but in the past couple of weeks my Apollos haven't been producing the same 24 hours rewards at litecoinpool - it's dropped. Please tell me it's not because of anything with the Apollos. The only change I've noticed is the difficulty has gone up from 8,917,884 to 10,360,375. Am I right to conclude "difficulty" = more work required of the Apollos and therefore less payout in a given 24 hour period?

Hey - like I said, I'm a novice but confirmation would be nice.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I call dibs Smiley was going to buy a 3rd one as well Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
So how many of Apollos are left to buy?

Pretty sure batch 1 is sold out now, which you can see confirmed on futurebit.io's shop's product list.

Yea it’s sold out, bitshopper.de in Europe might have a few units left.

I’ll be starting batch 2 next month.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
European distributor bitshopper.de has some units to sell...
Activity: 11

Pretty sure batch 1 is sold out now, which you can see confirmed on futurebit.io's shop's product list.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I just got my second one a few days ago.

I am running them at tbdice.
Activity: 1
 Smiley
Diggin it!
Look on the first page of this board you will find it there for the new image.

That worked thanks, not sure why I kept thinking it was apollo_final.img.zip showing up there.
Look on the first page of this board you will find it there for the new image.
I'm running my newest Apollo now, I used the image in the original post to flash an SD card, it works, I'm mining. However, it's v0.0.1 in the dashboard, whereas on my first Apollo it's v0.0.2 ... where's the latest image available at?
legendary

- A super ECO mode which further undervolts and underclocks the Apollos for folks with high electricity costs and in readiness for the Litecoin halving in August to squeeze the efficiency. Although I hope the price doubles to compensate.

You can always experiment with this on your own. Just go to custom settings and start lowering frequency/voltage.

You can't "break" anything when undervolting/underclocking. The ASIC chips will just produce a lot of HW errors if you undervolt too far. Things only get dangerous when you start over-volting.

FYI Eco mode defaults are ~740mV voltage and 600MHZ clocks. So there is still plenty of headroom to go even more efficient. I think the best i have gotten is ~ .9 W/MH at around 80-90MH

could you  add

to this

Eco default =  740 mv  600 mhz
Balanced default = ?
Turbo default = ?

I went in and set

735.3 mv and freq 598

my errors are 0.4%

my hash is 98
legendary

- A super ECO mode which further undervolts and underclocks the Apollos for folks with high electricity costs and in readiness for the Litecoin halving in August to squeeze the efficiency. Although I hope the price doubles to compensate.

You can always experiment with this on your own. Just go to custom settings and start lowering frequency/voltage.

You can't "break" anything when undervolting/underclocking. The ASIC chips will just produce a lot of HW errors if you undervolt too far. Things only get dangerous when you start over-volting.

FYI Eco mode defaults are ~740mV voltage and 600MHZ clocks. So there is still plenty of headroom to go even more efficient. I think the best i have gotten is ~ .9 W/MH at around 80-90MH
Activity: 25
With the case on and no heatsinks the Apollo stopped hashing at high temperatures (40 degrees C ambient).
A restart fixed the issue, but this happened to me a few times in ECO mode with the fan on auto.
I think the fan could not cool the Apollo enough at high temperatures as it is only rated to run up to 40 degrees C ambient.

Have you installed the latest firmware image? You were probably experiencing the MCU overheat issue, and the latest image fixes this issue. If you want to make sure your MCU does not overheat pull it out of its socket and put a heatsink on the ARM processor (the big black chip on the other side of the blue board).

Thats probably the best use of all those heatsinks Wink

The main heatsink/fan for the ASICs is way overbuilt. They can both dissipate over 300 watts of heat at max fan airflow.

Thanks for the reply @jstefanop. Yes I had the old firmware running on the Apollo that was resetting.
I am now running the Apollos in balanced mode and they are still quite quiet.

I will replace the 14mm MCU heatsink with a larger 20mm heatsink as there is space on the board.

A few suggestions for future firmware updates:
- ASIC status or/and count showing how many ASICs are working.
- Display the clock frequency (I assume 384 is the default ECO mode frequency)
- A graph showing the hash rate against time
Yes I already have
legendary
Yes I am running v.2 but it still only staying up for 5 mins and then disconnects

Ok shoot me a PM or reply to your order email with issue...I think you already emailed though.
legendary
running 2 units now

all good
Yes I am running v.2 but it still only staying up for 5 mins and then disconnects
legendary
The fan works , but what I am finding annoying is that the Apollo starts to do the startup the orange lights turns on and connects to the server. Then the green and red turns on then with in minutes it will discounted from the server and the fan will kick in high gear and won't stop till I turn off my psu.  I've traded out 3 SD Cards with this Apollo and 1 SD just doesnt work. The other 2 are good and they work with it but still do the same thing as described above. I know it's not the PSU because it's the same kind of PSU I have for my other one. So still cant figure out whats going on with it.

Ok first, are you running the latest firmware image? Second, set mode to eco and fan speed to manual to 20%. Let me know if it still does this.
The fan works , but what I am finding annoying is that the Apollo starts to do the startup the orange lights turns on and connects to the server. Then the green and red turns on then with in minutes it will discounted from the server and the fan will kick in high gear and won't stop till I turn off my psu.  I've traded out 3 SD Cards with this Apollo and 1 SD just doesnt work. The other 2 are good and they work with it but still do the same thing as described above. I know it's not the PSU because it's the same kind of PSU I have for my other one. So still cant figure out whats going on with it.
Pages:
Jump to: