Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 49. (Read 49763 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Any Apollo firmware updates in the works ? Any chance of faster hash speeds ?
Thanks

No, any future updates will increase the reliability of mining, and probably some voltage/efficiency gains but hash speed will remain between 100-140 MH/s. Im focused on brining the big functionality updates like full node/wallet functions etc.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Any Apollo firmware updates in the works ? Any chance of faster hash speeds ?
Thanks
Activity: 14
My Apollo arrived last Friday, well packaged and no damage. Setup was a breeze, up and running in less than 30min, maybe another 30min researching different pool options. This is the first time I've attempted mining so kudos to you for making it painless, Dashboard is clean and the Apollo is beautiful, now I want a whole row of them. A very simple and sleek design Grin I played around with the WiFi and successfully connected on both my routers, seems my signal is fairly weak and spotty so the Apollo dropped off within a couple minutes. Running in Eco mode is very quiet and preferred since I have this sitting right on my desktop, the noise is quite tolerable (for the moment) but once the WiFi options improves it will be relocated to run on balanced or turbo in the future. Can't wait for updates, thanks again! Now off to figure out some good pools, if anyone can recommend anything, by all means... Grin my new addiction...HASH RATE!

Hi man, good to here you're all set up ! Maybe you can join our party with apollo only miners ;p someone on the forum set one up !

stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zergpool.com:3433

user=your ltc wallet address i.e LKEyiGGfp1ZjTQxwAB7CddRv7Nrrc1iQQt

password     c=LTC,m=party.Apollo

Activity: 2
My Apollo arrived last Friday, well packaged and no damage. Setup was a breeze, up and running in less than 30min, maybe another 30min researching different pool options. This is the first time I've attempted mining so kudos to you for making it painless, Dashboard is clean and the Apollo is beautiful, now I want a whole row of them. A very simple and sleek design Grin I played around with the WiFi and successfully connected on both my routers, seems my signal is fairly weak and spotty so the Apollo dropped off within a couple minutes. Running in Eco mode is very quiet and preferred since I have this sitting right on my desktop, the noise is quite tolerable (for the moment) but once the WiFi options improves it will be relocated to run on balanced or turbo in the future. Can't wait for updates, thanks again! Now off to figure out some good pools, if anyone can recommend anything, by all means... Grin my new addiction...HASH RATE!
Activity: 4
I have three rolling in balanced mode.   I keep it at 15% fan and put a Thermaltake USB self standing fan in front of each.  It really does make a difference. A solid 5-8c temp drop. 

Two power supplies... EVGA 450BT runes the first two and a 450BR to run the third and possibly 4th one. 

I had an issue with the 3rd one.  It would get 20% hash errors on balanced no matter what I did.  I contacted support and they had me adjust the voltage and mhz to mimic balanced but give it some extra voltage. Worked like a charm.

https://i.ibb.co/DgH2y1v/cccxxx.jpg

legendary
With the case on and no heatsinks the Apollo stopped hashing at high temperatures (40 degrees C ambient).
A restart fixed the issue, but this happened to me a few times in ECO mode with the fan on auto.
I think the fan could not cool the Apollo enough at high temperatures as it is only rated to run up to 40 degrees C ambient.

Have you installed the latest firmware image? You were probably experiencing the MCU overheat issue, and the latest image fixes this issue. If you want to make sure your MCU does not overheat pull it out of its socket and put a heatsink on the ARM processor (the big black chip on the other side of the blue board).

Thats probably the best use of all those heatsinks Wink

The main heatsink/fan for the ASICs is way overbuilt. They can both dissipate over 300 watts of heat at max fan airflow.
legendary
I have pimped up the Apollo with lots of heatsinks to reduce the noise further (fan runs below 1620rpm at 30 degrees C ambient) and I run it without the case. As a minimum I suggest adding a heatsink to the R44 power converter at it is quite hot (>60 degrees C).

https://imgur.com/a/SB6A4pu

I use the following heatsinks:
20 off 20x20x10mm
11 off 8x30x8mm
2 off 6x4x4mm
1 off 14x14x5mm

The 8x30x8mm heatsinks probably help cool the Apollo down the most as they are at the base of the main heatsink.
Smaller 20x20x5mm heatsinks would probably work just as well and be cheaper at the top of the main heatsink by the fan.

R44 is the inductor to the main power stage. This is designed to run a 90C+ ...60C for this part of the power stage is pretty cool. There is no need to put heatsinks on it, if anything the smaller heatsink right behind it probably helps the most, since thats the main MOSFET block and produces the most heat. These are rated for 125C but cooling them down helps with power efficiency and longevity of the mosfets..but again this is not needed.
Activity: 25
With the case on and no heatsinks the Apollo stopped hashing at high temperatures (40 degrees C ambient).
A restart fixed the issue, but this happened to me a few times in ECO mode with the fan on auto.
I think the fan could not cool the Apollo enough at high temperatures as it is only rated to run up to 40 degrees C ambient.

So I added all the heatsinks and improved the cooling in my loft.
Both of these really helped and the heatsinks stopped the fan intermittently surging to high rpm which was annoying.
Now my loft ambient peaks at 33 degrees C ambient and the Apollo is very quiet.

As the Apollo is not so cheap I wanted to protect my investment for a long life so added the heatsinks and removed the case.
I would recommend others to do this if they are running the Apollo above 35 degrees C ambient.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
Are you saying the stock Apollo is inadequately cooled?

Has anyone actually experienced overheating damage?
Activity: 25
I have pimped up the Apollo with lots of heatsinks to reduce the noise further (fan runs below 1620rpm at 30 degrees C ambient) and I run it without the case. As a minimum I suggest adding a heatsink to the R44 power converter at it is quite hot (>60 degrees C).

https://imgur.com/a/SB6A4pu

I use the following heatsinks:
20 off 20x20x10mm
11 off 8x30x8mm
2 off 6x4x4mm
1 off 14x14x5mm

The 8x30x8mm heatsinks probably help cool the Apollo down the most as they are at the base of the main heatsink.
Smaller 20x20x5mm heatsinks would probably work just as well and be cheaper at the top of the main heatsink by the fan.
legendary
Got my Apollo today, however I keep getting connection issues. Not sure what to check. It was up and working for a minute or two in the beginning now I can't seem to get the connection to work. I can get to the IP address but it keeps saying that the miner isn't connecting.

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

This means you put in your pool credentials in wrong.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
Pretty sure that means there's something wrong with the info in your pool setup.
Are you trying to connect to an auto switching pool?
Activity: 16
Got my Apollo today, however I keep getting connection issues. Not sure what to check. It was up and working for a minute or two in the beginning now I can't seem to get the connection to work. I can get to the IP address but it keeps saying that the miner isn't connecting.

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028
Activity: 10
Hello, I changed the fan, which was noisy. I put it there:
https://store.supermicro.com/92mm-fan-0114l4.html
It works well, only mine minerals hold 70.5 c and not 66 as the original fan.
Is it possible to set the fan speed to increase in automatic mode from about 66 c?
(google translator)

try setting fan speed manually to 30
btw  that is a good fan maker.  I may buy the fan thanks.

I set the stock fan to 20% fixed speed = 2760 rpm
I run balanced
I get
69.19 c = miner
52.63 c = mcu

Phil,   I noticed in your post on Feb. 7 that with the same settings your miner temp was 63 deg c.  Assuming the diff is due to room temp.  May be helpful to know the room temp when setting a fixed speed.
legendary
I just got my Apollo with pre-burned image flash card installed. Plugged both PCIE power connectors in and LAN cable..

Just getting flashing yellow light on the front and don't see a new device on the LAN.

Any ideas for trouble shooting?

Thanks

Is the front yellow flashing slowly or fast?
Do the leds around the ethernet connector show any signs?
Is there a dhcp server in the LAN?
How long have you waited for it to start?

It's a fast flash. The LEDS come on initially then turn off. Yes there is a DHCP server on the network. Waited plenty

Thats a network issue, either your local LAN is not providing an IP address or it cant connect to the pre-configured pool.

Have you tried logging into your router and checking whether you see a new IP/Device show up there?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I just got my Apollo with pre-burned image flash card installed. Plugged both PCIE power connectors in and LAN cable..

Just getting flashing yellow light on the front and don't see a new device on the LAN.

Thanks

It's a fast flash. The LEDS come on initially then turn off. Yes there is a DHCP server on the network. Waited plenty

what sd card maker?

what size sd card?

this one works for me

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Micro-Adapter-MB-MC32DA/dp/B00WR4IJBE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

Thanks

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

Thanks

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hello, I changed the fan, which was noisy. I put it there:
https://store.supermicro.com/92mm-fan-0114l4.html
It works well, only mine minerals hold 70.5 c and not 66 as the original fan.
Is it possible to set the fan speed to increase in automatic mode from about 66 c?
(google translator)

try setting fan speed manually to 3000

btw  that is a good fan maker.  I may buy the fan thanks.

I set the stock fan to 20% fixed speed = 2760 rpm
I run balanced
I get 121mh

69.19 c = miner
52.63 c = mcu
Pages:
Jump to: