Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 46. (Read 49763 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Well im still trying to troubleshoot my New Apollo, just reflashed a new SD card and started the setup im able to connect to the futurebit server. After 5 minutes or so the fan kicks in and and the connection fails and the my apollo turns off. I dont know but i think the Apollo its self is not working period because i can put any SD card in my other one and get it to work no problem. But this one doesnt want to connect or even work more then 5 minutes.

Does the fan not start up right away? Ive noticed some of these fans wont kick in at 5-10% (think I need to change default again on next update). Try setting fan manually at 20%+ and see if that solves the issue.
legendary
I've seen a pic of the FutureBit PSU - nice and compact. I have two Apollos and the ugly clutter are the OEM PSUs and their bundle of unused cables. If the FutureBit dedicated PSUs are competitively priced (hint hint) I'll buy two right away - clearing the clutter and making room for more.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1110203454767669249

Its going to be priced 50-60 USD FYI. I chose quality over low price for this since I wanted 94%+ efficiency at the wall in a small sub 200 watt PSU and that does not come cheap.

It will also be bundled with Batch 2 Apollos.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Well im still trying to troubleshoot my New Apollo, just reflashed a new SD card and started the setup im able to connect to the futurebit server. After 5 minutes or so the fan kicks in and and the connection fails and the my apollo turns off. I dont know but i think the Apollo its self is not working period because i can put any SD card in my other one and get it to work no problem. But this one doesnt want to connect or even work more then 5 minutes.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
I've seen a pic of the FutureBit PSU - nice and compact. I have two Apollos and the ugly clutter are the OEM PSUs and their bundle of unused cables. If the FutureBit dedicated PSUs are competitively priced (hint hint) I'll buy two right away - clearing the clutter and making room for more.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1110203454767669249
Bez
Activity: 14
This has been made to bring mining back to the home. I want to get one... But, the only thing holding me back is the power supply. I just can't see an ATX or Server psu hanging out the back over the side of coffee table. Or, somehow extending a vga power out of your rig. I don't to short a desktop psu either.

What else have you guys been doing to power your units?
The Dell DA-2 power supply was suggested a while back and this guide was posted.  I decided to try it out and my apollo has been running fine in eco mode.
Activity: 195
Merit: 4
This has been made to bring mining back to the home. I want to get one... But, the only thing holding me back is the power supply. I just can't see an ATX or Server psu hanging out the back over the side of coffee table. Or, somehow extending a vga power out of your rig. I don't to short a desktop psu either.

What else have you guys been doing to power your units?
legendary
Set --api-allow option to allow access to Bfgminer API from your LAN

Set to ON - API Allow. Now how do we access?

This is used for third party software that can directly control the miner settings through the local network. For the Apollo this only applies for pool settings though.
legendary
Hello everyone, So i just bought my 2nd Apollo and iv been having a hard time setting it up. I was finally able to get it connected to the network and got it to starting hashing, but after 5-8 mins it stops working and turns offs then i just notice that the fan is not working properly. So i do not know what the deal with it is do i need to send it back or what?

Is the fan not spinning at all? Try manually setting Fan speed to 20% or higher in settings.
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Oh cool

What does it do?

It can do many things: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/README.RPC
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
Oh cool

What does it do?
Activity: 62

Set to ON - API Allow. Now how do we access?
Activity: 30
Hello everyone, So i just bought my 2nd Apollo and iv been having a hard time setting it up. I was finally able to get it connected to the network and got it to starting hashing, but after 5-8 mins it stops working and turns offs then i just notice that the fan is not working properly. So i do not know what the deal with it is do i need to send it back or what?
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
jstefanop,

Got my third Apollo today and hooked it up. One thing I noticed is when I restored this one from a backup file of one of my other two it did keep all the pool settings but it did not set this one to "balanced" like the the other two. Maybe this is part of the design but wanted you to know.
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
Also - mine and I think others take a full minute (once power is on) to show any sign of life.

Hi there,
Just received the Apollo in the mail. Having issues getting power to the unit.

Running a 650 w evga 80 gold plus(psu for my gaming PC)

First try: simply plug in 8 pin pcei to psu and 2 6 pins on the other end to the Apollo.   No power at PC or appolo

2nd,3,4,5 try: unplug everything from psu. Jump MB plug on psu.
Turn psu on. Using multimeter confirmed power to the MB plug and pcei cable plugged into psu but not appolo.

Turn off, plug into Apollo. Turn psu on. NOTHING

seems to me like I should at least be able to get  power to the Apollo after disconnecting from PC and only powering Apollo.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Dayday

Activity: 51
Hey everbody!
Has anyone tried running the Apollo in turbo using 2 different power supplies? Or maybe a better question would be, is there any reason you shouldn't or couldn't use 2 power supplies? I have a Bitmain APW3 and a no brand 220v 1800w supply thats rated 92%...

Boom. 99% sure that will be the result.

But let the builder jstefanop confirm this
Eek! but you're saying there's a chance lol.

NEVER do this. Mixing different power supplies on the same input terminals will either destroy the power supplies, the Apollo, or both and almost certainly cause a fire.

This is because power supplies never have the exact same voltage output, and connecting two imbalanced PSUs will cause a high surge current going between them...this usually translates to the terminals melting and/or going up in smoke.

So once again in case others are reading and thinking about doing the same

NEVER PLUG IN DIFFERENT POWER SUPPLIES TO INPUTS THAT ARE ELECTRICALLY CONNECTED

The only exception to this rule is devices like Antminers, they have multiple boards per device...you can connect a different power supply to each board, but not different power supplies to the same board.
Got it.  That makes sense.  Glad I asked before I pretended to be a gambler.
legendary
Hey everbody!
Has anyone tried running the Apollo in turbo using 2 different power supplies? Or maybe a better question would be, is there any reason you shouldn't or couldn't use 2 power supplies? I have a Bitmain APW3 and a no brand 220v 1800w supply thats rated 92%...

NEVER do this. Mixing different power supplies on the same input terminals will either destroy the power supplies, the Apollo, or both and almost certainly cause a fire.

This is because power supplies never have the exact same voltage output, and connecting two imbalanced PSUs will cause a high surge current going between them...this usually translates to the terminals melting and/or going up in smoke.

So once again in case others are reading and thinking about doing the same

NEVER PLUG IN DIFFERENT POWER SUPPLIES TO INPUTS THAT ARE ELECTRICALLY CONNECTED

The only exception to this rule is devices like Antminers, they have multiple boards per device...you can connect a different power supply to each board, but not different power supplies to the same board.
Hey everbody!

Activity: 1
my apollo is only running for around 10hrs and then freezes
ive tried running it on a slightly higher voltage but didnt seem to help
 Huh
is anyone else having this problem?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey everbody!

Hey everbody!
Pages:
Jump to: