Pages:
Author

Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread - page 47. (Read 49763 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Hi there,
Just received the Apollo in the mail. Having issues getting power to the unit.

Running a 650 w evga 80 gold plus(psu for my gaming PC)

First try: simply plug in 8 pin pcei to psu and 2 6 pins on the other end to the Apollo.   No power at PC or appolo

2nd,3,4,5 try: unplug everything from psu. Jump MB plug on psu.
Turn psu on. Using multimeter confirmed power to the MB plug and pcei cable plugged into psu but not appolo.

Turn off, plug into Apollo. Turn psu on. NOTHING

seems to me like I should at least be able to get  power to the Apollo after disconnecting from PC and only powering Apollo.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Dayday

You need to jump the PSU enable pins, otherwise it won't turn on. Follow this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1dcJ0QyAE
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi there,
Just received the Apollo in the mail. Having issues getting power to the unit.

Running a 650 w evga 80 gold plus(psu for my gaming PC)

First try: simply plug in 8 pin pcei to psu and 2 6 pins on the other end to the Apollo.   No power at PC or appolo

2nd,3,4,5 try: unplug everything from psu. Jump MB plug on psu.
Turn psu on. Using multimeter confirmed power to the MB plug and pcei cable plugged into psu but not appolo.

Turn off, plug into Apollo. Turn psu on. NOTHING

seems to me like I should at least be able to get  power to the Apollo after disconnecting from PC and only powering Apollo.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Dayday

Activity: 15
New to mining...been reading and watching videos...love this stuff and can't wait to try it out. I just bought a FutureBit Apollo. Trying to figure out what power supply to buy. I'm looking for a standalone unit to just plug into a wall outlet and then connect to the Apollo. Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Hey,

I can imagine your enthusiasm!
Regarding PSU, if you don't want to get lost with this market, I can only recommend to wait for Futurebit to release their efficient standalone 200W PSU (announced next month for pre-order).
Activity: 8
New to mining...been reading and watching videos...love this stuff and can't wait to try it out. I just bought a FutureBit Apollo. Trying to figure out what power supply to buy. I'm looking for a standalone unit to just plug into a wall outlet and then connect to the Apollo. Any help is appreciated! Thank you
Activity: 39
You can buy used PSUs on ebay for cheap also.  Bought a 1200w EVGA platinum for $109 shipped and it works as good as new.  If you look, their is deals on Platinum PSUs, specially if you don't mind used.
Activity: 463
Merit: 301
So I was thinking about what phil said why use a bronze psu and kill the efficiency. I realized you might have a bronze psu handy or every platinum psu = $$

I found a deal for the next 3 days on platinum

80 dollars

https://flash.newegg.com/product/9SIABP94H45414

but it has 2  pcie cables not 3 or 4

I found this adapter

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACJF5S63681

I ordered the 2 for 90 usd. with tax.

this can do 3 Apollo's I will post a photo or 2 when it all arrives

oh I have a ton of these jumpers on hand

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8ZXZS1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 apollos for 90 bucks is good.
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
Ah. Well its been fine since...
Activity: 61
Merit: 4
Are there raw logs anywhere? My miner just leapt into super turbo screaming mode from eco for no reason as I was sat by it - I hit the power button on the PSU and now it seems fine but I would like to know what just happened...

Those processes that have a log file are producing output to a directory that's located in ram. If the unit has an unexpected shutdown, like pressing the power button of the PSU would cause, then all logs are lost. Then there are also those processes which are having their output directed only to a virtual terminal resulting in any output being lost after any kind of reboot or shutdown. As a result, it's not really possible to diagnose some error situation once the unit has been rebooted. Configuring the mcu to use also remote logging (if available) could help if the issue gets reproduced. Also writing down what patterns all the leds are showing during the issue may provide some clues.
Activity: 4
I have just bought the Apollo. I am new to mining, although been into crypto for a few years now.
I have had no problems setting the Apollo up and I have it running in ECO mode with a 10% fan speed set. Currently mining LTC and DGB.
The miner temp is a constant 63°C and MCU a constant 59°C.
I was just wondering if I am still able to run the Apollo 24/7 with these conservative settings or should I also be giving the electronics a break every now and again?
Any feedback here would be appreciated.

Turning gear off to rest it is not necessary.  your temps are fine. that gear can last for years with no worries on your settings.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have just bought the Apollo. I am new to mining, although been into crypto for a few years now.
I have had no problems setting the Apollo up and I have it running in ECO mode with a 10% fan speed set. Currently mining LTC and DGB.
I was just wondering if I am still able to run the Apollo 24/7 with these conservative settings or should I also be giving the electronics a break every now and again?

Turning gear off to rest it is not necessary.  your temps are fine. that gear can last for years with no worries on your settings.
Are there raw logs anywhere? My miner just leapt into super turbo screaming mode from eco for no reason as I was sat by it - I hit the power button on the PSU and now it seems fine but I would like to know what just happened...

spec sheet  shows a problem to me

EVGA   
EVGA 450 BR, 80+ BRONZE 450W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-BR-0450-K1
Part Number: 100-BR-0450-K1

The EVGA 450BR Power Supplies are here. Designed with both beginner and enthusiast needs in mind, EVGA power supplies are the best choice to power next generation computers. Combining 450W of continuous power with exceptional performance, stunning efficiency, and reliable quality, the 450W BR power supply is what you need to build a solid foundation for your next system.
FEATURES
80 PLUS Bronze certified, with 85% efficiency or higher under typical loads
Single 12V. Rail
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
3 Year Warranty
DC-DC Converter improves 3.3V/5V stability
Quiet and Intelligent Auto Fan for near-silent operation
CABLE LENGTH
ATX Cable   1x 550mm
EPS Cable   1x 600mm
PCIe Cable   1x 550mm, 670mm
SATA Cable   2x 450mm, 570mm, 690mm
Four-Pin Peripheral Cable   1x 450mm, 570mm, 690mm + 810mm (Floppy)
Floppy Adapter   1x
AC Power   1x 1200mm (m)
Modular Cable Type   No
CONNECTOR QUANTITY
24 Pin ATX   1x
EPS (CPU)   1x 8pin (4+4)
PCIe   2x 8pin (6+2)
SATA   6x
Four-Pin Peripheral   3x
Floppy   1x
INPUT
Input Voltage   100 - 240 VAC
AC Input   8/4A
Input Frequency Range   50 - 60 Hz
Efficiency   85% Typical
OUTPUT
Rail   +3.3V   +5V   +12V   +5Vsb   -12V
Max output   20A   20A   37.5A   3A   0.3A
450W
120W   450W   15W   3.6W
Total   450W @ +30C
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Operating Temperature   0° to 30° C
Japanese Capacitors   No
ECO Mode   No
MTBF   100,000 Hours
Net Weight   4 lbs
Size   85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 140mm (L)
Approvals   TUV, CB, CE, FCC, RCM, cTUVus, WEEE, RoHS
Compliance with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
Fan Size / Bearing   120mm Long Sleeve Bearing
UPC   843368051815
EAN   4250812423542
EVGA Warranty
PRODUCT WARRANTY
This product is covered under EVGA's 3 year limited warranty which covers parts and labor.
Further warranty extension is available upon registration within 90 days of purchase.
For more details please visit http://www.evga.com/warranty/

I bolded the problem

1 cable with a dual plug

so you will be doing more then 220 watts on one cable.

that is not good.

I have 3 apollos.  I run 2 off a 450BT and one on a BR.  All run in balanced mode constantly with breaks here and there.

I really don't have any any problems with those power units at all.   A little trick I did and I don't see a lot of people talking about this ... fan in-front of the miner.  I can run balanced at 15% internal fan and keep the CPU miner under 67c.
A simple Thermalake T1 USB stand alone fan in front of each unit drops miners fan requirement and makes even less noise.

legendary
I have two Apollos attached to a APW3++ power supply in econo mode. Runs just fine in my cool basement. I just purchased a third Apollo. Think I can hook it up to the APW3 as well?

The APW3++ should be safe and good for at least 4 Apollos running at whatever mode you fancy, I guess even 8 Apollos in eco mode should be no problem at all.

if you want 2 cables per unit 5 is a done deal. no worries or issues

I would think 10 could work since 120 x 10 = 1200

and the s9's  were pulling 1350 on that psu. so 9 cables did 140 and one did 90 for controller and fans.

not sure I would try it long term.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
I have two Apollos attached to a APW3++ power supply in econo mode. Runs just fine in my cool basement. I just purchased a third Apollo. Think I can hook it up to the APW3 as well?

The APW3++ should be safe and good for at least 4 Apollos running at whatever mode you fancy, I guess even 8 Apollos in eco mode should be no problem at all.

Activity: 95
Merit: 2
Hmm. Not bought a second one yet (thinking about it) but I just grabbed a PSU I knew worked with the apollo. Thanks.
legendary
Yeah the corsair will save 700 watts a day  at 10 cent power it is 7 cents. Long warranty and  it can do 4 of these.
Corsair sells extra pcie cables cheaply and this unit has 5 pcie jacks. In fact I think I have some type 3 and type 4 cable I could send to you if you need them. Just pay for shipping if you are in the USA.

This gear is meant to use platinum not bronze as it is the most efficient LTC miner you can buy  so why downgrade the efficiency to a bronze ?
Activity: 463
Merit: 301
Phil is right.

Think of this a different way  you spent 300 + 300 = 600 on the miners  get a good psu gold or plat spend 100-120
I found one this is 129 with a 20 dollar rebate

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139206

It is far better then that bronze  it should save 20 watts maybe 30 watts  and could do 3 units.
legendary

spec sheet  shows a problem to me

EVGA   
EVGA 450 BR, 80+ BRONZE 450W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-BR-0450-K1
Part Number: 100-BR-0450-K1

The EVGA 450BR Power Supplies are here. Designed with both beginner and enthusiast needs in mind, EVGA power supplies are the best choice to power next generation computers. Combining 450W of continuous power with exceptional performance, stunning efficiency, and reliable quality, the 450W BR power supply is what you need to build a solid foundation for your next system.
FEATURES
80 PLUS Bronze certified, with 85% efficiency or higher under typical loads
Single 12V. Rail
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection)
3 Year Warranty
DC-DC Converter improves 3.3V/5V stability
Quiet and Intelligent Auto Fan for near-silent operation
CABLE LENGTH
ATX Cable   1x 550mm
EPS Cable   1x 600mm
PCIe Cable   1x 550mm, 670mm
SATA Cable   2x 450mm, 570mm, 690mm
Four-Pin Peripheral Cable   1x 450mm, 570mm, 690mm + 810mm (Floppy)
Floppy Adapter   1x
AC Power   1x 1200mm (m)
Modular Cable Type   No
CONNECTOR QUANTITY
24 Pin ATX   1x
EPS (CPU)   1x 8pin (4+4)
PCIe   2x 8pin (6+2)
SATA   6x
Four-Pin Peripheral   3x
Floppy   1x
INPUT
Input Voltage   100 - 240 VAC
AC Input   8/4A
Input Frequency Range   50 - 60 Hz
Efficiency   85% Typical
OUTPUT
Rail   +3.3V   +5V   +12V   +5Vsb   -12V
Max output   20A   20A   37.5A   3A   0.3A
450W
120W   450W   15W   3.6W
Total   450W @ +30C
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Operating Temperature   0° to 30° C
Japanese Capacitors   No
ECO Mode   No
MTBF   100,000 Hours
Net Weight   4 lbs
Size   85mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 140mm (L)
Approvals   TUV, CB, CE, FCC, RCM, cTUVus, WEEE, RoHS
Compliance with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
Fan Size / Bearing   120mm Long Sleeve Bearing
UPC   843368051815
EAN   4250812423542
EVGA Warranty
PRODUCT WARRANTY
This product is covered under EVGA's 3 year limited warranty which covers parts and labor.
Further warranty extension is available upon registration within 90 days of purchase.
For more details please visit http://www.evga.com/warranty/

I bolded the problem

1 cable with a dual plug

so you will be doing more then 220 watts on one cable.

that is not good.
Pages:
Jump to: