Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 335. (Read 495998 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
So you are saying there is no live chat and what they call "live chat" is actually "email." Chat is supposed to be a near-realtime two-way conversation, for e.g. Skype.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Has anyone been able to reach the alleged "live chat?" Has anyone ever gotten an answer on the phone?

The "Live Chat" is actually just an html submit form that emails them with your problem, I have gotten responses from the "Live Chat" before but it always takes a while and the last time I had a problem and contacted them via "Live Chat" they went silent on me for over a week so I came in here and complained and my complaint was handled, but it seems that their "customer service" becomes less and less reliable by the day...
Activity: 31
Has anyone been able to reach the alleged "live chat?" Has anyone ever gotten an answer on the phone?
I have seen other users on another forum receive help from bitinstant nearly "instantly".  Nothing makes sense at this point.

Please point me to this other forum so I may go harass them there as well since no one has responded from BitInstant's support here OR on their website...

I've used BitInstant 4 or 5 times now to transfer USD from BTC-e to PayPal and EVERY time there has been a problem.

Anyone know another way to get USD from BTC-e to my PayPal without paying 5.5% or needing $100 minimum to withdraw (which is what BTC-e requires for direct PP withdrawal)...?
Activity: 7
6 days and still no coins for me still.  finally received an e-mail back from charlie asking for the order number on Friday and i replied with the details as well as zipzap support.  Haven't heard anything since.

If you saw this thread before sending, then you knew what was going to happen.  They can't really even be blamed for not processing the orders when people know they won't be processed and send them money anyway.  It's unbelievable.  Harvard Business School should do a case study on this whole thing - how do otherwise rational people decide to send money to a service that is in a very public death spiral and refuses to even communicate with its own customers?  They are processing a few transactions here and there just to keep a trickle of positive posts in here, but that's all.  Send them money right now, and you have very little chance of it coming out in the way you wanted.  Those are just the facts.

As I previously mentioned, no I did not see this thread before purchasing.  That is entirely my fault, but I shouldn't have needed to do more research after having flawless transactions with them before.  I'll take the blame for that, but the lack of customer service and assistance is mind boggling.  I have seen other users on another forum receive help from bitinstant nearly "instantly".  Nothing makes sense at this point.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
6 days and still no coins for me still.  finally received an e-mail back from charlie asking for the order number on Friday and i replied with the details as well as zipzap support.  Haven't heard anything since.

If you saw this thread before sending, then you knew what was going to happen.  They can't really even be blamed for not processing the orders when people know they won't be processed and send them money anyway.  It's unbelievable.  Harvard Business School should do a case study on this whole thing - how do otherwise rational people decide to send money to a service that is in a very public death spiral and refuses to even communicate with its own customers?  They are processing a few transactions here and there just to keep a trickle of positive posts in here, but that's all.  Send them money right now, and you have very little chance of it coming out in the way you wanted.  Those are just the facts.
Activity: 7
6 days and still no coins for me still.  finally received an e-mail back from charlie asking for the order number on Friday and i replied with the details as well as zipzap support.  Haven't heard anything since.
Hello,

I was here previously to complain that I was not receiving the quoted full amount to my PayPal. You compensated me, assured me everything was fixed and encouraged me to try your service again.

I have used the service twice since my last complaint and the problem still persists:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complaint #1:

As you can see the quoted amount that I should receive says "$42.53356"

As you can see below, I only received $40.83 to my PayPal:

Order ID   f9d90ffd-9e4a-4459-bd99-fd17384e844f
Quote ID   3e091653-4714-4d55-a901-7f702e517af6
Event ID   7b189459-5b8a-4bb7-ad3f-8f39d99f517c

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complaint #2

On March 6, 2013 I used your services and was quoted that I would receive "$27.33964".

As you can see below, I only received "$25.77" on March 6, 2013:

Order ID   3592bade-5ae9-40f5-a7cf-eac82d674828
Quote ID   43cfe52e-8539-44f8-a734-d9a711cef9ed
Event ID   0e7db67e-59b2-4f03-8f62-6b11a4abf1b9
Activity: 13
I think one thing that would help with my concerns would be to know how many problems there have been compared to how many transactions. That is, what percent of the orders are having problems. If BitInstant is getting thousands of orders per day and only a few have problems, then your chances are pretty good. But if they are only getting a few dozen to a hundred or so orders with several problems per day then that looks worse for them. As far as I can tell they've done a mostly good job responding to problems, so I am hopeful that they will continue to improve.
Activity: 26
Just to reassure some. I did a Moneygram to Mt. Gox transfer tonight and it was in my account before I got back home. So that option is working very well.
Activity: 9
Im still waiting on a $484 Refund, that was supposedly mailed a week ago.. I should have just took their offer to deposit to my bitstamp account. Even tho it was several days later, Id be much better off than I am now. Only empty promises, with no way to prove they did or didnt send the refund check..

Trust me, you would not be in any better shape. I was offered that option as well a couple months ago when there was an issue with my coins, and I never received them after probably close to 10 to 15 emails I sent them.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
I guess it's safe to assume at this point that Cash to Bitcoin Address is never going to come back.  Sad.  I wonder how long they are going to keep up the charade on the home page about it always come back online tomorrow.  Reminds me of a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_dBep_55mI
Activity: 46
OK, this is my first visit to this thread.  thanks for it being here.

My take away message is that bitinstant is not a viable concern at present, but may become so in the future, if it can get itself together, and repair PR damage.

For now I will look at the other alternatives above, thanks!
Activity: 1
Hey it's been 2 weeks now and my money has not been sent to my bitstamp account

Please reply Yankee

quote id 59c99b2e-3d87-4f37-adbe-5acd5bbfa12a

Edit: Seth responded to an e-mail and said they just need to add money to their bitstamp. Hopefully soon?
Activity: 4
I have money in limbo also.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Hi,
Yesterday I saw BTC-e on the transfer to section.
When will the BTC-e be available on the transfer to section?

Thanks
Activity: 350
Im still waiting on a $484 Refund, that was supposedly mailed a week ago.. I should have just took their offer to deposit to my bitstamp account. Even tho it was several days later, Id be much better off than I am now. Only empty promises, with no way to prove they did or didnt send the refund check..
Activity: 15
If I only read this thread before I tried to send $500 from Mt.Gox to BTC-e via BitInstant. This was a really annoying experience! My money was tied way more than 24h (BitInstant: "Pay for Your Bitcoins in Under an Hour"). After several mails they managed to refund my MtGox-account a few minutes ago. Costed me one BTC (BitInstant: "time is money"), not to mention the hassle.
Please bear with us, as we are short staffed at the moment.

I would absolutely 'bear with you', except that this is the 5th time in a row over the last 3 months where I have had to send multiple emails to get my coins, and that is not how I prefer to do business. That is not 'instant', or professional, and indicates to me that there are far deeper issues. Fortunately, I have other options available, and will utilize those instead.
I'm pissed! I've used bitinstant a dozen times to send money directly to a bitcoin address, via mtgox of course. It was literally the easiest and only way to send cash to an address without using a wallet. I really dont want to have to spend ten freakin hours trying to figure out a means to do a transaction as easily! Does anyone know a website that offers a service similar to what bitinstant used to offer... sending money via western union/zip zap to bitcoin adress!? I dont want to start having to use a wallet after all this time! Thanks!!!
Jump to: