Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 340. (Read 495998 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Site seems down for me too atm Sad

Edit: It seems to be online now Smiley I hope I can use their service now to deposit cash.
Activity: 20
Site seems to be back up !!!

Is the site already back down because I cant get on it at the moment.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
They "only lost $12,000).... SO who will take the hit? Huh
Activity: 10

Interesting blog; received ZipZap email that my order has been executed to Bitstamp; Bitinstant site Track order shows the same.

Only problem is my money is NOT in Bitstamp.

coincidental that btc price has dropped almost a dollar since bitinstant site is back up? can anyone explain that?
Blog Post about Recent Downtime - blog.bitinstant.com
Site seems to be back up !!!

I've tried everything except contacting this "Rachel" who apparently represents Bitinstant.  I cannot find her in the forum.  Can someone give me her forum name? 
just got another email from Rachal..

According to our system, you've contacted ZipZap directly regarding a refund.
Here is your Merchant OrderID: ********

Please let me know if you'd like me to push your funds through to Bitstamp or if you've received a refund via ZipZap for your funds.

I have not yet received a refund tho zipzap said one would be mailed.. How exactly would they refund me thru the mail for a moneygram?? Should I take rachels offer to "push my funds to bitstamp" or wait to see if I get this refund? Is zipzap bullshitting me?
interesting.. They better not have been bullshitting about my refund either..
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I wouldn't expect this to have a happy resolution. Bitinstant and all of it's processors still have me on the hook for $300 worth of BTC from over a month ago (now valued at over $450). Every email has been ignored, even when they told me they had sent me a reply (there really was never a reply sent from them). Worst part is, since the system is down and zipzap has no frontend, there's absolutely no way to retrieve or verify any data. They literally took the money and ran.
all other avenues are quickly running out of btc! Its the rally.
Activity: 14
where did Bitinstant go? did they run off with everyones money?
For what it's worth, I emailed someone at ZipZap and she replied that they don't expect BitInstant to be back up anytime soon. I know many of you have pending orders that I trust are being sorted out, but for those looking to get BTC I would start looking elsewhere.

Moneygram support rtesponded immediately on the phone.  Confirmed payment was made to ZipZaP.  ZipZap support responded via email withinin hours that the problem was with Bitinstant.  Bitstamp responded via email that the problem was with Bitinstant.  Bitinstant support is not even available; site is down, email is down, no response from online support. And the worst thing is not even the whisper of an update. 
Still nothing from bitinstant.. Unbeliveable.. I was contacted by zipzap, and bitinstant over the weekend, they said a refund would be mailed and should be expected by this friday on my $500 Moneygram.. Last night I got an email from Rachel telling me she will be processing my transaction later today (Monday), once the site was back online... so am I getting a refund or am I getting btc?? I dont think anyone knows whats going on over there.
Activity: 8
you better make sure you get quoted at an updated bitcoin price when you get you coins.  They have gone up about 10 bucks a coin in 3 weeks lol.  It was at $35.00 last night and I wake up and they are at $40.00.

Thanks.. Yeah, thats a great point.  The day I made the deposit... BTC was fluctuating between $28 - $29 each on the btc-e exchange.  That figures.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260

You've got to be kidding.  I have PM'd everybody, tried EVERYTHING.  There is nobody home.  No update since 3/1?  At some point this goes from bad support to outright theft.  The lawyers are gathering and Bernie Madoff has a room waiting.............

This isn't a guarantee... but if you CC your email correspondence to ZipZap as well... they (Bitinstant) tend to respond faster... at least that was the case with my outstanding transfers (5 at one point... all paid up).  It's kind of like tapping on someone's throat with a pencil point while you're 'discussing' something, they tend to give more importance to what you're saying.... because if there is no relationship with Zipzap, there's no Bitinstant (in its current form anyway).     

Smiley
Activity: 20
I am right there with you guys.  I made my cash desposit via bitinstant/zipzap THREE WEEKS AGO today, and still have not been updated on where my missing money is, despite my multiple PM's and e-mails.  I really hope I get a response soon.  I know they helped a lot of other people already, so I'm hoping they will fix this and I didn't lose my money.

you better make sure you get quoted at an updated bitcoin price when you get you coins.  They have gone up about 10 bucks a coin in 3 weeks lol.  It was at $35.00 last night and I wake up and they are at $40.00.
Activity: 8
I am right there with you guys.  I made my cash desposit via bitinstant/zipzap THREE WEEKS AGO today, and still have not been updated on where my missing money is, despite my multiple PM's and e-mails.  I really hope I get a response soon.  I know they helped a lot of other people already, so I'm hoping they will fix this and I didn't lose my money.
Jump to: