Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) - page 56. (Read 495996 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
"unable to verify identity" error every time
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Thanks for your patience as we work through some hiccups on the new site. It seems that some users are having issues verifying their identities and we are working closely with the development team to correct any problems with our new system.

We hope you will understand that with the launch of our new, improved website that we may run into occasional issues with functionality. With this in mind, you can help us improve our service by offering up any information about your particular situation as the Customer Service team requests it.

Please bear with us during this initial launch phase. We hope to be back up to full speed very soon with your help and continued support.
Activity: 27
The new website doesn't seem to work for me, I've tried placing an order as a guest(can't verify) and I tried registering(after I enter info and try to submit it just hangs) and it still wont let me place an order, anyone else having these problems?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
We're happy to announce that our new website is now live and cash deposits are turned back on! Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Things don't always run smoothly when implementing new technology with third-party providers involved, so thanks for standing by!
Activity: 721
Merit: 503
I'm one of the original 2 co-founders and will myself state this:

Yes, it'd have been ideal if we could have maintained the service during the price dip as I imagine a lot of customers were wanting to buy at the time, but in the scheme of things the new site design and the features we're rolling out will be of greater benefit to all parties.

If there was a way to maintain cash deposits the whole time we would of course do so, it is one of our main revenue streams and naturally one we don't want to cut off.
Activity: 58
Any changes in the regular process of cash-to-wallet? Like MG now requiring all transfers to ZipZap to show ID?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Cash deposits are online and available right now

Great! Back up right after the bitcoin drop, and I missed that hardware purchase I needed to make over the weekend.

[begin extreme sarcasm] Perfect timing!! [/begin extreme sarcasm]

Personally, I'd like the see the co-founder/CEO (or anyone at bitinstant for that matter) apologize, or even express some kind of regret over the down time.

This "the new site is so awesome it's worth the down time" crap won't fly with me.
Cash deposits are online and available right now
Hey everyone,

Concerning cash deposits being offline...

We have put a lot of work into making the user experience much more enjoyable. The benefits of our new systems will reward your patience.

Thanks.  Smiley

In other words, when/if it DOES come back online, there will be a lot of new restrictions. You don't take down a working system for the sole purpose of making "the user experience much more enjoyable". That makes no sense whatsoever.

There is obviously some sort of problem that BitInstant won't own up to. The site is down because they are scrambling to fix whatever is wrong. Or because they were forced to add more Anti Money Laundering functionality.

But now it's time to get to the real issue for me: "Who will be the replacement". I'm off to search the forums for alternative Bitcoin purchase sources in the U.S.

Any suggestions are welcome Smiley

Localbitcoins.com is about the only place I have found.  It's good for buying, not so good for selling.  I am a web developer and had a client that wanted to use the BitInstant API, but since they intentionally scramble the fields they receive from the API in an effort to stall transactions, and Gareth didn't bother to fix that, and now they have likely been blocked from using ZipZap, we are referring people to localbitcoins and CoinBase if they are in the US.

Thanks for the tips.

I guess I'll give local bitcoins another try. Last time I looked, there were essentially no choices in my city (pathetic I know, since it's a major metropolis :/)

I was gonna sign up for Coinbase, but I've heard it can be really hard to buy coins there. (They are often out?)

One thing is certain - I've gotta find an alternative. Even if BitInstant eventually makes it back online, they've already lost me.
Hey everyone,

We have put a lot of work into making the user experience much more enjoyable. The benefits of our new systems will reward your patience.

Thanks.  Smiley

In other words, when/if it DOES come back online, there will be a lot of new restrictions. You don't take down a working system for the sole purpose of making "the user experience much more enjoyable". That makes no sense whatsoever.

There is obviously some sort of problem that BitInstant won't own up to. The site is down because they are scrambling to fix whatever is wrong. Or because they were forced to add more Anti Money Laundering functionality.

But now it's time to get to the real issue for me: "Who will be the replacement". I'm off to search the forums for alternative Bitcoin purchase sources in the U.S.

Localbitcoins.com is about the only place I have found.  It's good for buying, not so good for selling.  I am a web developer and had a client that wanted to use the BitInstant API, but since they intentionally scramble the fields they receive from the API in an effort to stall transactions, and Gareth didn't bother to fix that, and now they have likely been blocked from using ZipZap, we are referring people to localbitcoins and CoinBase if they are in the US.

If the field scrambling issue is still present on our new site let me know

Why wouldn't the field scrambling have been fixed in the previous site? The incompetence and deliberate misdirection continues...
are you planning on supporting europeans on the new site?

Hope to, i'm a UK guy myself and i'm always looking for potential partners in my own country, but the FSA regulations do make things extremely difficult.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
are you planning on supporting europeans on the new site?
Hey everyone,

Thanks.  Smiley

If the field scrambling issue is still present on our new site let me know
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Hey everyone,

Thanks.  Smiley

Stay classy BitInstant!

http://blog.bitinstant.com/blog/2013/6/10/cash-deposits-temporarily-disabled.html#comments

Comments for this entry have been disabled. Additional comments may not be added to this entry at this time.
Activity: 9
Activity: 3
Can anyone with an account on http://new.bitinstant.com actually purchase bitcoins with cash or is it disabled on that site too? I hope this gets fixed today before I'm able to find a new source for bitcoins. You guys are being so vague about the problem I can only assume it's something big. I don't want my money mixed in with your problems thanks. What is going on really?
Hey everyone,

Thanks.  Smiley

What does this mean?...

IDs required now all the time for any amount?

And ID verification for "guest transactions" will be about the same. We'll collect your name, email address, phone number and date of birth. You will still have to present your ID with matching name at the MoneyGram location.

We will have increased verification for our Account Holders. If you choose to create a BitInstant Account you'll have access to more deposit/withdrawal options as well as increased limits. We'll be posting a blog introduction to all the new features here as soon as we launch!
http://blog.bitinstant.com/blog/2013/6/10/cash-deposits-temporarily-disabled.html#comments
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Just a guess, but I'm betting that regardless of Ursay's assurances, cash deposits are offline because ZipZap finally had enough of the complaints, and BitInstant is desperately seeking another provider.  I've got 2 BTC on it, if anyone wants to bet me Smiley

What online business of the perceived stature of BitInstant doesn't build and test new features on a test server, then roll it out only after it has been thoroughly tested? The answer is nobody. We have heard the "technical issues" excuses before, and they continue to ring hollow.  ZipZap told them to kick rocks.
Pages:
Jump to: