Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 11. (Read 34173 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
February 08, 2014, 01:08:42 AM
Here's the one I baked earlier!
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 07, 2014, 11:55:52 PM
Not sure if I fit under everyone... But if I do then water under the bridge. Life can be tough. It's good to have the reasonable you back.

I hope you don't feel like I was or am trying to exclude you from the Quark community either. That definitely was not my intention in any respect.

No, I have a tendency to see little things magnified 1000x when I get emotional. You didn't do that at all.

I also have a tendency in my writing to use vivid language and strong wording to make mountains out of molehills. I've been told that with the sharp "tongue" I use in my writing, I should be some kind of no-nonsense investigative journalist, or a film critic. Oh the fun I could have with all the "fine" films we have to endure these days.

You do fit under the "everyone" I was referring to, and I extend my personal apologies to you as well.

I didn't mean all the mean things I said. I was sincerely upset about having my work ridiculed, being called a cheater, etc. But that's water under the bridge, now, and I'm over it since taking some time to think things through.

Peace to you, brother, and I'm happy to have the reasonable me back as well.
February 07, 2014, 10:11:12 PM
By the way, I owe everyone here an apology.

I am sorry for my multiple tirades today and yesterday.

I do have some emotional issues as well as my physical problems. That's no excuse, though.

If you can't accept my apology, I understand.  I've had a lot of stressors in my life and it all got to be too much over the past couple of days.

So this thread won't be seeing any more anger coming from me, for what it's worth.
February 07, 2014, 10:09:13 PM
No one is going to listen to me, because I'm sure I am hated here by now...

What about

1000 QRK for each and every entrant, 5000 for the winner though, and the rest to the Quark Foundation.

I haven't counted but some have said there are about 45 contestants? So that would be 45K + 5000 to the winner = (about) 50K to contestants, 70K to QF.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 07, 2014, 09:40:55 PM
quarkfx,
"Something fishy going on"!?  There is nothing "fishy" going on - it is simply outright, hardcore, massive CHEATING!  I've been watching these cheaters make fake accounts, talk with sock-puppets, whine, etc. for days now.  What a total bunch of losers masquerading as "winners"...ironic!  

They certainly don't deserve a reward - they should have to pay a fine to all of us honest contestants.  I have ZERO respect for these trash of human beings.  Absolute bottom-of-the-barrel SCUM!

I believe FlipPRO had really good intentions by holding this contest, and these cheating bastards are trying to steal from him!
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
February 07, 2014, 09:28:53 PM
It doesnt matter whether it will or will not be the new logo. There should be a fair contest especially if many people are involved. As you said yourself - it seems that it isn´t. 
Activity: 28
February 07, 2014, 09:24:58 PM
February 07, 2014, 09:17:52 PM
Barry, if there is something fishy going on, how can a distribution between the frontrunners be a fair option?

I know for all of us, especially for the contributors, it has been a tough time and all of you were waiting for ages for this poll. But can a start over really be worse than ending this flawed contest with a change of share? Good contributors like leigrecc have already left the contest early and as far as I understand martijnp from his posts on forum.qrk-board he is also considering to leave the contest without coming back. We should use the opportunity to turn the mess into something positive for the community.

I already made a proposal and I´ll try to elaborate

Prizes:

The distribution of the prizes is changed from winner-takes-it-all to 4 different position so that competitors will identify with the result even if they don´t win the 1st place.

1st final round: 50.000 QRK
2st final round: 25.000 QRK
3rd final round: 10.000 QRK
Community prize final round: 5000 QRK (most votes in the public poll)

Additionally, the winner can dedicate 30.000 to a community project that currently needs funding @ http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/

Procedure:

1. All contestants are asked to hand in a logo for standard formats (horizontal, squared, "quark accepted") in three scaled sizes >> this way the proposals become comparable.

2. All entries are presented in a gallery >> this way the voter can actually look through it.

3. Every contributor has a max. of 5 sentences to explain the design in the gallery >> this way community members can see the "bigger picture".

4. Before the 1st public vote starts there is a vote between the contestants (3 days). The result are managed secretly (each participant sends a mail to an address kept by a neutral person) until the public poll is closed (after 7 days). The results are revealed after the poll closed and counted 50:50.

5. All contestants that reached the mark of e.g. 5% take part in a second round

6. In the 2nd round the gallery is reduced to the lasting contributors. This time everyone can present whatever else they want to present (mobile devices, webpages, metal coins etc.).

7. There is a final vote between the contestants (3 days) and after that again a public poll (7 days) like in point 4.

This whole procedure would cost us between 20 and 30 days and I believe the result will be accepted in a much broader way than a settlement between the current frontrunners. It will also ensure that this voting won´t be portrayed as a bizarre and unfair event.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
February 07, 2014, 08:56:06 PM
Martijnp can you make a physical coin, but with the original Quark logo? Would love to see that
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2014, 08:45:32 PM
@Ultimist @boxxl @martijnp

What do you guys think about this scenario. Since there obviously won't be an undisputed winner...

The bounty gets split evenly between the top three spots.

1st: 40k
2nd: 40k
3rd: 40k

120k total

Without starting the contest over, that seems like the fairest option IMO.

I rather would have some of it donated to the Foundation.
February 07, 2014, 08:07:21 PM
@Ultimist @boxxl @martijnp

What do you guys think about this scenario. Since there obviously won't be an undisputed winner...

The bounty gets split evenly between the top three spots.

1st: 40k
2nd: 40k
3rd: 40k

120k total

Without starting the contest over, that seems like the fairest option IMO.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 07, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
Give 10k quark to the 'winner' and 110k to the quark foundation.

Problem solved.

Or how about 10k to the top 4 entries and 80k to the foundation.

February 07, 2014, 07:02:58 PM
@barry

It´s not his video, it´s mine and flatlands. I used the logo because it was my favourite from all contributions. I also step back from the assumption that the traffic was for the most part caused by the video. However, I don´t think that it´s starting to smell like rat - it smelled before.

There has been a lot of bad blood in a contest that could have brought the community together. It´s not too late to reconsider and rearrange. FlipPro stated from the beginning that he wouldn´t act against the community and I think we reached a point where we all, including martijnp, agree that there are flaws that need to be corrected.
February 07, 2014, 06:47:18 PM
martijnp,

900+ votes in the past 12 hours, really? That more than all of us combined all week!

You know, I've sat here all week and defended others against the "cheating" accusations but it's starting to smell like a rat around here.

Your Youtube video has only received 200 views in the past 12 hours yet your votes are skyrocketing like clockwork.

How in the world are you managing to get so many votes?
February 07, 2014, 05:17:53 PM
If I were you, I'd cool off for a bit.

Thanks for being a voice of reason. You're right. I need to cool off.

Activity: 364
February 07, 2014, 05:08:57 PM
boxxl please explain your rise in votes of about 40 in the past 2 hours.  You complained the other day about me getting 50 in a DAY, remember? And yet you get 40 in 2 hours, with NO awesome video like what was done for martijnp?

Ultimist, I gotta tell you...you are coming across like a huge jackass in this thread. I actually like your design quite a bit. I don't think it's the best, but I think it deserves to be in the top 5 (give or take). I might have even voted for you. But your stream of comments that take up 75% of the last few pages of this thread just make you seem like an ass. You're probably not an ass in RL, but you are making yourself look like one.

If I were you, I'd cool off for a bit.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2014, 05:03:46 PM
Martijn should donate some of the insane 120,000 to the Quark Foundation. It would push Quark projects tremendously.

I'll bet he will. He seems to really care about Quark. I don't think you have to worry, with him.

Brilliant
February 07, 2014, 04:53:56 PM
Martijn should donate some of the insane 120,000 to the Quark Foundation. It would push Quark projects tremendously.

I'll bet he will. He seems to really care about Quark. I don't think you have to worry, with him.
February 07, 2014, 04:51:56 PM
boxxl please explain your rise in votes of about 40 in the past 2 hours.  You complained the other day about me getting 50 in a DAY, remember? And yet you get 40 in 2 hours, with NO awesome video like what was done for martijnp?

February 07, 2014, 04:40:33 PM
Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet
It would.

Ohh, you got me good there. That proves it would survive.

You might halfway understand the language but you clearly have no concept of what a viral video can do. It might not totally destroy Quark, but $1000 USD in QRK today might be worth $0.01 after such a report. And that would be good enough for me.

See, most people when they abuse someone tend not to realize that their actions have consequences until it is too late.

I'm not the aggressor here. What you see coming from me is a response to how I have been treated here.  Had I not been mistreated, I would have no mistreatment to lash out against, now would I?

Logic is a beautiful language for those who understand it. Perhaps you should try learning that one some day. Maybe you'll be as (good) with it as you are... with... umm... English. Yeah.

Go through this thread if you want. If you don't want to, that's fine as well. But if you do, you will notice that I was nice to everyone until people started throwing accusations and insults my way. What kind of reaction would you expect. Should I have baked you all a cake?

Some of you are like an abusive parent... you hit the kid, he bleeds, and then you hit him even harder for bleeding on your precious new carpet... failing to realize that he wouldn't have been bleeding at all, had you kept your hands to yourself.

So if you don't like someone's reaction when they are mistreated... howzabout not standing for such abuse when you see it, calling it out immediately, and ostracizing/reprimanding the people who do it?

Oh, but everyone's too busy jerking each other off around here. I forgot. Pardon me.
Pages:
Jump to: