Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 8. (Read 34142 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 08, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
So then, who is going to fess up to creating that fake "Ultimmist" account the other day, trying to make it look as though I was cheating? The vote is over so you might as well admit it.

No, I haven't forgotten about it. Was it you martijnp? Boxxl?

Activity: 800
Merit: 502
February 08, 2014, 08:23:59 PM
I had the oppertunity to ask many students on my university.
But that doesn't mean I 'mine' votes.

The nextcoin vote was a better choise to make it more open..
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
February 08, 2014, 08:16:35 PM
Wow, never seen a more retarded contest. I'm never touching QRK again...

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

It's too bad. Quark had a ton of potential.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.

Keep telling yourself that. See where it is in a year.

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

It happens in all currencies, it shouldn't stop them from evolving. Also Quark had many butthurt people who missed the boat. Altough i believe it is much stronger than before with a much more solid infrastructure and community. You talk negative because you probably don't own any or just a little.

So, Netnox...remind me again about that "solid community". LOL.

If anyone was on the fence about whether or not Quark was destroying itself from the inside out, this thread is your answer. Wow.

Sad that you only see the negative side and ignore all the improvements. 3-4 people don't represent a whole community. Lots of money can change even your behaviour. This you will find in all crypto communities. I even don't think we should make a big deal out of this. It's between a couple people, at the end of the day it will be sorted out and yes Quark has a solid community.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 08, 2014, 08:15:47 PM
I have send you a PM.
With my gmail.

I'm James-Z founder of the Foundation.

James

Edit: You can also pm/mail Max Guevara, he will be able to tell you what my private gmail is.

and in swoop the vultures  -- u are no better than the cheaters

or has this whole concerted effort by martin been part of a pre-conceived QF plan to manipulate Flippy into giving the prize to the good ol' quark foundation, whose supporters and creators would NEVER participate in something shady

u people make me sick, every last one of you including all the cheaters

Flippy you're such a pushover, just give it to the QF before they have you assassinated, you moron - they WANT that money!

they're not willing to let you make up your own mind. they're going to PRESS and SQUEEZE until they get what they want

ignore all the other shit for a moment and look back at all the posts suggesting you abandon this and just give it all to the quark foundation - and users almost insisting that any winner give a generous portion ofthe prize, or ALL of it, to QF

besides "cheaters" hasn't "give it to the QF" been the most spoken refrain in this god-forsaken thread

split it among all the contestants except martin since he admitted to being a fraud

the QF does not want, nor can they afford, for you to think for yourself - and that's EXACTLY why you should
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
February 08, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
And the decision is..........
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 08, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
Wow, never seen a more retarded contest. I'm never touching QRK again...

How 1 guy organises a contest doesn't have anything to do with Quark as a Crypto its self.

Of course it does. It's all perception. Just like you claimed Kolin's ranting had no effect on Quark. It clearly did, and so will this.

It's too bad. Quark had a ton of potential.

Honestly, I'll be extremely surprised if Quark is still around a year from now. The community just can't get its act together without self-destructing.

Are you blind? Quarks infrastructure and community has only progressed. You must be very short sighted.

Keep telling yourself that. See where it is in a year.

I'm not telling myself these are facts. People said the same about BTC and LTC. These kind of butthurt comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not 'butthurt' about anything. I made considerably more money this year trading alt coins than I did at my full time job (and I make an above-average salary), and Quark was a not insignificant part of that. But I got out when it was time to get out. Quark had all the potential in the world back in December but the community dropped the ball by infighting too much and wasting time and resources and now that chance is gone. The momentum simply got wasted. It happens.

It happens in all currencies, it shouldn't stop them from evolving. Also Quark had many butthurt people who missed the boat. Altough i believe it is much stronger than before with a much more solid infrastructure and community. You talk negative because you probably don't own any or just a little.

So, Netnox...remind me again about that "solid community".

If anyone was on the fence about whether or not Quark was destroying itself from the inside out, this thread is your answer. Wow.
Activity: 396
February 08, 2014, 07:40:57 PM
Who controls the Quark Foundation? (I need to know right away)

I'm leaning towards giving the top 5 people a small conciliation prize, and donating the rest to the QRK foundation.

I am so disappointed at all the games that went down in this contest.

It shows that the QRK community is no more than a bunch of children who would rather steal from each other than reach a positive point of consensus.

Everyone who participated in this poll and maliciously altered the results need to take a LONG hard look in the mirror and ask themselves, "Am I the problem"?

It starts with the individual, I hear a lot of people in here complaining that I didn't set "enough rules".

How would more rules help when we have people who are inherently immoral and will actively do anything to bypass whatever controls are set in place? This was supposed to be a friendly community event, and I guess the price rise turned it into a vicious free for all.

I obviously cannot payout Martijnp in full as he has admitted to cheating, but obviously he's not the only one in these rankings…. Starting the contest over is an option, but I would rather pay the top 5 and get this thing over with already….  

Flip, to say that the contest should have carried out differently, is not to say that you did everything wrong and by doing so caused this mess. I guess, most of you didn´t think what 120.000 could cause when you started the contest. Whatever happened is partwise human and would have happened in other communities as well. Also, there has been a development: I guess some people felt cheated and then started cheating. I certainly don´t want to excuse this behaviour, but I´d say unfortunate things combined and turned into a huge mess. Not all cheated and not all cheaters had the same reasons to do so. I can understand your frustration but in my opinion we shouldn´t be harsh towards the community as a whole.

Activity: 56
February 08, 2014, 07:34:03 PM
I found a foundation before 5 minutes. will you give me the prize? I will do something good for the community  Grin
Activity: 26
February 08, 2014, 07:28:45 PM
Quark Foundation

I have send you a PM, with my gmail.
I'm James founder of the Foundation.

James-Z

Edit: You can also pm/mail Max Guevara, he will be able to tell you what my private gmail is.
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
February 08, 2014, 07:27:38 PM
Don't do that and just give prize to top 5 cheaters -.-
Then? Do we just donate it all to the Quark foundation?

These "cheaters" all put in effort at the end of the day, (some of them actually have some awesome designs).

I don't wish to strip people from their efforts, but a punishment is certainly in order.

I have also put an effort to design, but am not in top 5.

You said you want to do something good for Quark. Split the prize and everyone will be happy.

Forget about the this pool. Let people that made logos post their wallets.
Activity: 396
February 08, 2014, 07:27:29 PM
Hm, I must say that I didn´t expect that turn. Personally I don´t believe that one fraudulent behaviour legitimates the other, but while I don´t want to gloss-over what martijn did, professorY is right, we musn´t forget that he wasn´t the only one and certainly not the first to make this contest an unfair challenge.

I think we should reconsider what happened in this contest. At the beginning there were motivated designer who wanted to contribute to the community. Some of them invested a lot of time to invent something smart and beautiful. I guess - at least that´s what I would have done if I had been a participant - most of you didn´t do it for the money only but also because they felt inspired by the idea to create something for the community. The way the contest was carried out brought anger and mistrust into the community.

In my opinion, this shouldn´t be the moment to blame others but to look forward. 120.000 Quarks aren´t worth ANYTHING with a fighting community.

We can figure out a way that is fair and acceptable, but we need to stop looking backwards and start to work together.
Activity: 56
February 08, 2014, 07:19:11 PM
Choose one of the top 5 (the logo you like more) and give to him 60k.
Give the other 60k to the other 4.
It seems to be fair.

I am sorry for my poor English..
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
February 08, 2014, 07:15:42 PM
Then? Do we just donate it all to the Quark foundation?

These "cheaters" all put in effort at the end of the day, (some of them actually have some awesome designs).

I don't wish to strip people from their efforts, but a punishment is certainly in order.
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
February 08, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
legendary
February 08, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
Who controls the Quark Foundation? (I need to know right away)

I'm leaning towards giving the top 5 people a small conciliation prize, and donating the rest to the QRK foundation.

I am so disappointed at all the games that went down in this contest.

It shows that the QRK community is no more than a bunch of children who would rather steal from each other than reach a positive point of consensus.

Everyone who participated in this poll and maliciously altered the results need to take a LONG hard look in the mirror and ask themselves, "Am I the problem"?

It starts with the individual, I hear a lot of people in here complaining that I didn't set "enough rules".

How would more rules help when we have people who are inherently immoral and will actively do anything to bypass whatever controls are set in place? This was supposed to be a friendly community event, and I guess the price rise turned it into a vicious free for all.

I obviously cannot payout Martijnp in full as he has admitted to cheating, but obviously he's not the only one in these rankings…. Starting the contest over is an option, but I would rather pay the top 5 and get this thing over with already….  
legendary
February 08, 2014, 06:58:46 PM
-_-
February 08, 2014, 06:27:09 PM
He's hardly the only cheater.

The problem with your statement is that he is proven a cheater by his own admission. Other cheaters may exist but we have his own confession in his case.

I believe there are other cheaters as well, but without proof, so far marrtijnp is the only proven cheater here.
Activity: 28
February 08, 2014, 06:21:27 PM
If I was FlipPro I'd split the prize to all participants in the pool.

I'd tend to agree with this. Except for martijnp of course. It wouldn't be right for an admitted cheater to receive anything out of this.

+1
Activity: 364
February 08, 2014, 06:20:40 PM

I'd tend to agree with this. Except for martijnp of course. It wouldn't be right for an admitted cheater to receive anything out of this.

He's hardly the only cheater. This whole thing has been a scam for days.

No matter what happens now, it's tainted.
February 08, 2014, 06:05:47 PM

Pages:
Jump to: