Pages:
Author

Topic: [OFFICIAL POLL] QRK LOGO COMPETITION - page 12. (Read 34173 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
Martijn should donate some of the insane 120,000 to the Quark Foundation. It would push Quark projects tremendously.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 07, 2014, 04:35:03 PM
Man, this thread is a train wreck.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
February 07, 2014, 04:26:37 PM
Without sarcasm, I feel sorry for you.

Is that an attempt to get under my skin via the old cliche that disabled people get enraged when someone feels sorry for them?

Hah... Save your breath. I do NOT feel sorry for you. I do feel sorry for your family and those around you, though. They have to be exposed to your mindless babbling and holier-than-thou attitude.

I bet you'll come back with "My family loves and adores me."

Sure they do, to your face.

They hold all sorts of "inaceptable" "votations" to figure out the level of their "embarrasment" when it comes to you. Most of them aren't suicidal about it yet, however. Most of them.
Activity: 396
February 07, 2014, 03:55:12 PM
Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet

It would.

Without sarcasm, I feel sorry for you.
February 07, 2014, 03:32:07 PM
There are situations where the community knows best.

There you go again, implying that I'm not welcome here.

One could say that I may not be wanted around here because of my present attitude... but no, you didn't even go that far. You are just saying I'm not welcome here, period. Tell me, where is this mysterious sign-up form where one can apply to be an official member of the "community." I must have forgotten to fill it out.

For your information, anyone who has .000000000000000000001 qrk in their wallet is a part of the community whether pompous jerks such as yourself care to admit it or not.

When I was campaigning, several forums I frequent had posted sticky topics to help me get votes... but even then, as time went on, some of the users were shocked at how I was being treated here. They kept asking if I was sure I wanted to be a part of this.

I defended a lot of people who posted HERE, saying they don't represent the Quark community at large.

But you people kept being rude, throwing accusations, insulting me, implying all sorts of nasty things about me as a person... and finally I realized why I was being asked whether I *really* wanted to be a part of this or not. It was because the other people could see what I refused to see for days, and that is that this community is full of the kind of people I wouldn't be caught dead associating with in real life, literal scum who have nothing better to do than go around ruining people's day, making accusations, pretending their own shit doesn't stink, yet being respected and loved by all the other trash people hanging around here.

So I decided to opt out of this madness, and I feel so fucking free, you have no idea. If I have to go around kissing the asses of deplorable human waste in order to gain any "favor" as you put it, then I don't want to be a member of your exclusive little club. I prefer to commune with human beings.

I only count myself as a member of a community when the people in that community are worth communing with in the first place. So that leaves you and your kind out of the equation.

At this point I'd much rather join a herd of pigs wallowing in shit-filled mud, than be associated with THIS bunch in any way whatsoever. The people I'm referring to (and that includes you) know who they are. The people who have been decent with me also know who they are, and are not included in my summary judgment of the rest of you piles of dog shit.

I can envision my bother-in-law's piece on Quark already:

(Reporter explains what Bitcoin is, gives a brief intro to alternate currency/crypto-currency, etc. Let's get to the juicy bits)....

Reporter (Off screen): To Quark or not to Quark? That's what one handicapped man found himself asking as a contestant in a seemingly legitimate logo artwork contest. Quark is is yet another in a long string of crypto-currencies released within the past two years. But Quark, according to its developers, is a step above the rest.

Reporter: It appears the organizer of the logo contest had no authority to launch such an endeavor, and actually has no official association with Quark whatsoever. But that didn't sway him from offering a whopping $12,000 prize in a design competition for the coin's quote unquote "official" branding logo.

Reporter: ***** Tilson, a long-time resident of *******, ** has been a quadriplegic since the age of 3 when he was struck by a vehicle one Saturday morning when he was playing in his family's driveway. (camera shows Mr. Tilson in front of his computer, controlling everything with his mouth)

Reporter: Mr. Tilson hasn't allowed his disability to stop him, however, from doing the best he can to enjoy a normal life. Using specialized equipment designed to enable quadriplegics to interact with modern computers, Mr. Tilson does everything you and I do on a computer, with voice commands and a special control stick designed to be used with his mouth.

Reporter: When Mr. Tilson learned about the "unofficial" logo contest for Quark, he was excited to participate. He submitted his designs to the competition, hoping to win the advertised prize to help with expensive repairs on his wife's car, and to put a portion of his debts back in the black.

Reporter: Little did Mr. Tilson know, however, the can of worms he had opened up when he decided to join the conversation on the forums of a popular Bitcoin website.

(You know what happens from here, since it happened HERE.)

After explaining what Mr. Tilson was put through at the hands of the heartless and indignant Quark community, the reporter wraps up:

Reporter: Mr. Tilson elected to resign from the contest out of protest. He has pledged to warn people about the scathing community involved with Quark. After my thorough investigation, this reporter can't blame him. The public may wish to think twice before getting involved with a crypto-currency whose community willingly sacrifices its own members for the sake of the name and image of the coin. So to answer the question: To Quark or not to Quark? Most reasonable people already know the answer.

Reporter: This is ***** *********** reporting. Back to you in the studio.

Hmm. I wonder if Quark would survive such a report, especially if it somehow went viral on the internet.
February 07, 2014, 01:26:29 PM
I hope you don't think so little of theft and murder as your statement suggests.

So, pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare campaigning for a vote, to theft or murder, suggests I think little of those things? If I thought so little of them, wouldn't have I said instead, "Yes, you're right. They're equal in horrendousness."

Good grief, I've entered the Twilight Zone where good is bad, bad is good, and up is down. What the FUCK is up with some of you?

Let me educate you as to what such a comparison means. I made the comparison to point out how much more SERIOUS theft and murder are, than "campaigning for votes."

But maybe you aren't all that adept at English, either. That's a disease that seems fairly prominent around here.

By the way, by comparing my campaigning to someone campaigning for president in a foreign country, you have basically admitted that everyday people are not welcomed in this community. So, I was campaigning in foreign territory where i am not considered a "citizen" and where my rights as a human being are not recognized. Gotcha.
February 07, 2014, 01:18:32 PM
You suggested that someone was rigging the results in the case of martijnp and I pointed out that this was hypocritical...

I never said any such thing. That's why I have a problem with what you said. You had better go back and re-read. Again your lack of reading skills has failed you.

I named the person who is cheating, and it wasn't martijnp.
February 07, 2014, 01:09:42 PM
Stop trying to backpedal. You said what you said and it can only be applied to martijnp, whom I specifically said was NOT cheating.

Lol, I didn´t say that you were accusing martijnp of cheating. Quote me or stop accusing me! You suggested that someone was rigging the results in the case of martijnp and I pointed out that this was hypocritical, given the fact that you complained that people accused you for rigging when your own results were skyrocketing. Remember?

FlipPro, in all honesty I don"t think you can allow the madness to continue at this point.(...) I think martijnp should win if I'm honest. I shouldn't be so kind since he turned against me at some point and accused me of questionable things, but i am fairly certain (at least hoping in my heart) that he is not responsible for the currently absurd state of the vote, even though his votes have skyrocketed from 20 yesterday. Despite that, I don't think he is guilty. I have my own suspicions about who is really responsible but I'm going to keep it to myself, since no one will believe me anyway.

I don´t mind if you think you have to insult my grammar, but I must tell you that it rather casts an unfavourable light on your argumentation. I can communicate in five languages, I make errors all the time and I don´t have a problem with that as long as people understand what I am saying - which is, as KeyserSozeMC pointed out - the only important thing.

Btw. I am out. Talk to yourself  or insult others that are pointing to the same hipocrisy.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 07, 2014, 01:01:32 PM
How does that martin guy suddenly have 700 votes?? AngryHuhHuhHuh
February 07, 2014, 12:35:41 PM
You shouldn't mention about anyone's grammar when you're arguing.

You should appreciate the fact that he can understand and reply back to you.

Yes, there are many rules of etiquette at play in the internet realm, such as not ratting someone out when they've offered questionable solutions to practical problems.
February 07, 2014, 12:32:27 PM
There is no harm in proving your unsubstantiated claims and you may even vindicate yourself. Right now it just looks like your a trying to twist this situation to your favour.

I've already resigned from the contest. Whose favor would I be hoping to gain at this point? How would gaining such favor help me in my life, in any way whatsoever?

Second, I don't care if you respect me. I didn't and do not respect you. You tried to make my campaigning efforts sound so immoral and terrible, as if I had killed someone.

If you don't think people should campaign for votes, I hope you are not a hypocrite by living in a country with democratically elected officials? They have to campaign as well, to get their name out there, otherwise people might not even know they are running for office. But to campaign, as you have tried numerous times to imply, is akin to theft or murder. Such beliefs are insane, my friend, and you are the one who espoused them.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
February 07, 2014, 12:14:26 PM
I am sorry, but your reaction to my post is even more embarrasing than my english and certainly more embarrasing than your behaviour before.

It's spelled "embarrassing."

Your words have condemned you, though, on this matter of what you *were* and *were not* referring to...

You were very much trying to imply that I was complaining about martijnp's sudden rise in votes, in particular. That is the very one you were defending by talking about the video that was made, that you couldn't explain it, etc.

Stop trying to backpedal. You said what you said and it can only be applied to martijnp, whom I specifically said was NOT cheating.

You shouldn't mention about anyone's grammar when you're arguing.

You should appreciate the fact that he can understand and reply back to you.
February 07, 2014, 12:08:34 PM
I am sorry, but your reaction to my post is even more embarrasing than my english and certainly more embarrasing than your behaviour before.

It's spelled "embarrassing."

Your words have condemned you, though, on this matter of what you *were* and *were not* referring to...

You were very much trying to imply that I was complaining about martijnp's sudden rise in votes, in particular. That is the very one you were defending by talking about the video that was made, that you couldn't explain it, etc.

February 07, 2014, 11:25:29 AM
Please go back to whatever shitty English course that taught you English, and get a refund. (...) Why don't you dance your pretty little ass back home until you can bother to learn English properly. Do I go to your precious homeland or post on forums, pretending to know YOUR particular Klingon chicken scratch? Hell no, and I wouldn't unless I knew the language perfectly.

Here we go, personal attacks. Maybe you missed the point that my crappy English is completely irrelevant and does not change your strange behaviour. Besides, bitcointalk has no "homeland" or whatever you try to imply here. We´re talking english for pragmatic reasons.

If you will check, I said I don't believe that martijnp was cheating, despite his sudden rise in votes. Did you miss that part?

Nope, and I didn´t say you were accusing martijnp, quote me if I´m wrong. Fact is that you started to complain like a Diva when it turned out that you were overtaken by others and immediately suggested some sort of conspiracy aginst you. You never thought that the result could actually be legitimate, why would you, right?

February 07, 2014, 11:22:47 AM
Glad to see the truly deserving logos in first place. Go martijnp!!
February 07, 2014, 11:18:34 AM
Okay... So you think you can ascertain my mental stability based on an Internet forum?
You're god-damned right I can. An absolutely correct diagnosis, as well.

Lastly... How are we suppose to know users are harassing you via PMs if you don't speak up and show us? I nor anyone else can do anything about what we don't know.

Good grief. If only you people would read my entire posts instead of skimming. I said I haven't revealed those PM's because I would be accused of fabricating them. I was already being accused of everything under the sun. Do you think that I said to myself, "They'll believe me about this, even though they don't believe me on anything else."

No!!!

There's absolutely no point trying to convince you of anything. If I posted the PM's I can see already what would happen. People would cry "FAKE," "He made them up himself," "He's trying to embarrass respected members of our little club," etc... Do you think I am right or wrong about this assessment of what would have happened? Hmm?

Anyway, I know who the cowards are around here, who are too afraid to express their most extreme opinions in front of all of you, because they need to save face and keep up appearances. Some of you might not be able to handle the truth of what I know about a few of the people you adore so much.

February 07, 2014, 11:07:20 AM
Now you come up and go all along cheating and manipulation, even though the exploding voting looks exactly the same like yours.

Please go back to whatever shitty English course that taught you English, and get a refund. Obviously you can't read. If you will check, I said I don't believe that martijnp was cheating, despite his sudden rise in votes. Did you miss that part?

It's boxxl who is cheating, trying to catch up. And that will become even more apparent as this final day of voting plays out.

Next, I read your comments from the other day where you suggested that the "votation" should be rebooted, because the current method is "inaceptable."

There is no such word as "votation." Dictionaries are cheap. It's called a vote you fucking moron.

There is no such word as "inaceptable." Dictionaries are cheap. It's called "unacceptable" you dimwitted vegetable patty.

Why don't you dance your pretty little ass back home until you can bother to learn English properly. Do I go to your precious homeland or post on forums, pretending to know YOUR particular Klingon chicken scratch? Hell no, and I wouldn't unless I knew the language perfectly.

Have some respect for people who know English, and stop making posts that sound like posts from an under-educated child.
Activity: 364
February 07, 2014, 09:07:32 AM
Wow. Just...wow.

I can hardly believe what a sham this has turned into.

You all realize that the old logo is going to continue to be used, right?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 07, 2014, 06:47:27 AM
It's hilarious seeing designers attitudes towards the contest change based on where they're at in the pollings.

I'm keeping my word, we're riding this one till the very end.  Grin

Winner gets 120K QRK.

P.S GO boxxl GO!
How about splitting 20K among the runners up!  A lot of their work is already being used by the community they really deserve something for their efforts....

Congratulations to all who have entered; to those without votes I hope you realize as the voting heated up people did not want their vote wasted and went with their preferred contender. It did appeared that someone without votes would be unable to catch up.

+1

Yeah Baby!
February 07, 2014, 06:01:55 AM
@Ultimist

Just  a few lines:  Your reaction seems to me really shameful. As long as you were taking the lead you were defending your method of gaining votes ALL THE WAY and discredited people who were rising critical thoughts. I don´t think that all reactions to your strategy were fair but your comments on the current voting are exposing your own utter hypocrisy.

I can´t prove where exacxtly the traffic comes from. Fact is that flatlands and me produced a popular promotion video (check my signature) for the Quark song contest that is also hosted on Quarkcoinpromo. There we used a slightly changed version of martijnps logo and referred to this thread in the description. We didn´t expect this to happen, given the fact that martijnp was only in 5th position but with all due respect the source of voters seem to me at least as legitimate as your posts on cryptoforums and others.

Now you come up and go all along cheating and manipulation, even though the exploding voting looks exactly the same like yours. Obviously you invested a lot of time in campaigning but this doesnt legitimate your screaming and complaining.

As I said from page 6 on. I am still in favour of a fair reboot of this challenge. However, I would like to underline that the current development is likely to be influenced by the video and not by fraud.
Pages:
Jump to: