Pages:
Author

Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion - page 6. (Read 74683 times)

Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Just found out you've added Open Bazzar to ROKOS - awesome!

Would you please consider also adding Bitsquare exchange - its another one that you have to leave running 24/7 as long as you have an offer posted, and having that kind of thing on something like a raspberry pi is really very useful.

Also, it would be really great if you could use something like PiUi so that people can control their ROKOS pi from their phone - that way it will make using things like Open Bazaar and Bitsquare super easy!
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
Suggestions for future versions of ROKOS

(click for larger)

Yiehah, I love my new tinycomputer. And ROKOS is truely great. Kudos!

While testing it ... I wrote down whatever came to my mind.

Here's a first list: ROKOS_firstuse-experiences_altsheets.txt (in github)

May it help ROKOS ... to get even better!

Sunny greetings!

Wink

---
EDIT: retweet please - thx.
EDIT: crossposted into HZ and SOIL thread
EDIT: new version v04 with separate 'lxpanel_newCategory.txt' instructions
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004
OK
BerryBoot

I have found out more now:

For BerryBoot, the IMGs must be converted into SquashFS. You find reasonably-short instructions, in several places (e.g. adding custom distributions)
There is a long list of IMGs which are already converted.

I suggest you simply just do that with 'rokosv6mf.img' and send them (and me) a URL (perhaps directly upload into SF?) with a 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'
- I guess then it will be pretty straightforward to include ROKOS even officially into a future BerryBoot.

And for now: BerryBoot supports "Add OS from USB stick", so it could immediately work (as soon as we have that 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'), without THEM adding it anywhere.  

And cool: I have seen an "encrypt FS" checkbox there.

EDIT: asked about filesystem support for large images.

Already answered some inquiries by pm.

Will work in this conversion,
providing all the options for the users is one of the ROKOS ideals.
Thanks for your collaboration and feedback!
legendary
BerryBoot

I have found out more now:

For BerryBoot, the IMGs must be converted into SquashFS. You find reasonably-short instructions, in several places (e.g. adding custom distributions)
There is a long list of IMGs which are already converted.

I suggest you simply just do that with 'rokosv6mf.img' and send them (and me) a URL (perhaps directly upload into SF?) with a 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'
- I guess then it will be pretty straightforward to include ROKOS even officially into a future BerryBoot.

And for now: BerryBoot supports "Add OS from USB stick", so it could immediately work (as soon as we have that 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'), without THEM adding it anywhere.  

And cool: I have seen an "encrypt FS" checkbox there.

EDIT: asked about filesystem support for large images.
legendary
I am finally finding the time to take care of my rpi3.

The standard raspian ... is up and running.

And wow - so much faster than my old rpi, very cool.
And I have already composed my first music piece in "Sonic Pi" *lol*

But - looks like I have to delete that away, and start anew?

--> Now I realize I should have perhaps bought several small, instead of one large, microSD card?
      (Then I would have to fiddle around with tiny cards always, just to boot into others systems.
       And I have several uses for my rPi.)

Question:

In my situation - which bootmanager do you suggest to use, to have several different systems
    (rokos altcoins PLUS rokos bitcoin PLUS raspian-standard-no-coins PLUS whatever),
on the same microSD?  

Googling always leads to BerryBoot - but it looks as if BerryBoot can ... only install their supported IMGs?

Ideas:

* Contact BerryBoot - it would be amazing if they included ROKOS into their supported images.
   Imagine the synergies. Why not simply point them to this post here, for a start.

* please find out / tell us, which other RaspberryPi bootmanager is able to, and easy
   to accomodate for the above wishes, in connection with ROKOS. Just point me to a URL.

* a consequence then / a good idea anyways:
    It would IMHO make sense to recreate the/one ROKOS image as encrypted filesystem, if that is possible.
    To additionally protect the private keys - against parallel installations on the same SD, and against simple card theft / loss.
    (Yes, it looks as if it is possible to later change the disk encryption password from "rokos" into my own password [1, 2].)

* Look into additional ways of delivering the image. It took AGES to download the rokosv6mf.img .
   Perhaps torrent, perhaps mirrors (ask here? Or here?), perhaps look which good solution mintcoin has found for their huge file.

Just some initial ideas. Probably I will have more ideas, if you are interested.

And I am really looking forward to incorporating this new world into my workflow.

Sunny greetings. Keep up the good work!

Smiley

if you like this, you can show it: BTC 16d2Q2LpmtsfPKkJKtRBFPiZ44W29RGc7K
legendary
OK
Hello guys,

unitus dev made wallet for Raspbian, should be super easy to add into rokos IMO.
Feel free to do it/or let me know if there is any problem.

Wallet with instructions here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14967366

Smiley

Hi,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see Unitus cryptocurrency permanently included/integrated in ROKOS Flavors releases for the different IoT devices
you can give their devs/community a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo,
would be an honor to integrate and cross collaborate.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Hello guys,

unitus dev made wallet for Raspbian, should be super easy to add into rokos IMO.
Feel free to do it/or let me know if there is any problem.

Wallet with instructions here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14967366

Smiley
legendary
OK
Any update on the Pine ?

We'll start working on it as soon as getting the PINE
Should of arrived this past week, I can see tracking expecting it to arrive this week.

I should be updating as soon as it arrives so the community can know we start working on it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
OK
Hello OKtoshi,

This is to inform you that the new EnergyCoin Core v.1.5.1 has already been released. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14874949

It's not a mandatory update, but for ROKOS use of EnergyCoin GUI client, it'd be great if you can update to v1.5.1 asap for ROKOS users.

Let me know if you have any question. Thank you.

Peter

Ty for the update, the petitions have to be open directly in the ROKOS Github to prevent any miscommunications btct downtimes, etc.
and to increase the transparency while retaining the full info.

Please open an issue with the new client info /link at: https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode

We shared the info not long ago that required updates must be made directly on github, please open the issue for update in

the proper manner over github so it can be updated for next release and we can do proper followup. A pleasure, Thank you.

legendary
OK
Guys would you mind add cloakcoin wallet pls:)

A pleasure, Please let their team/community they contact us at [email protected] to claim a position.

http://rokos.space/support.html

Kind Regards.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
The EnergyCoin and Energyparty Developer
Hello OKtoshi,

This is to inform you that the new EnergyCoin Core v.1.5.1 has already been released. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14874949

It's not a mandatory update, but for ROKOS use of EnergyCoin GUI client, it'd be great if you can update to v1.5.1 asap for ROKOS users.

Let me know if you have any question. Thank you.

Peter
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Guys would you mind add cloakcoin wallet pls:)
legendary
OK
legendary
OK
ROKOS OK Bitcoin Fullnode Oktoshi interview over The Pi Podcast

http://thepipodcast.com/the-pi-podcast-21-rokos/

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Root password is incorrect in new release?

[email protected]'s password:
Access denied

Passwords are correct.
For security root account access over ssh is disabled.

Solutions:

a) You can ssh log as pi user and when you are in can do:  su    to change to root account.

or

b) You can enable the root account for ssh at: /etc/sshd/ssh_config

Thanks because my screen is all black, thats why i connect with ssh.
legendary
OK

A pleasure, already redesigned/improved them for readability and added contact slack chan for support.

Ty for the reminder and feedback.
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
Hi, is there any chance of adding a Myriad coin wallet? Thanks Smiley

Hi,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see Myriad cryptocurrency permanently included in ROKOS
you can give their devs/community a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo,
an honor to cross collaborate.
You say that coins are easy  to add. I have a pi3. Is there a guide, I can follow to add a coin not presently on flavors?

Yes, will create a tutorial for it over the tutorials section at github to then add it to the website,
please check https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials in the coming days
for that tutorial update/addition.
I know you have been busy with the magic 6 release. Are you still planning on creating the tutorial for adding any coin?

Done, Enjoy

https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials/Compile%20your%20favorite%20cryptocurrency%20in%20ROKOS
Your tutorials seem simple enough for a non-programmer. Thank You.
legendary
OK

Hi,

You say that coins are easy  to add. I have a pi3. Is there a guide, I can follow to add a coin not presently on flavors?

Yes, will create a tutorial for it over the tutorials section at github to then add it to the website,
please check https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials in the coming days
I know you have been busy with the magic 6 release. Are you still planning on creating the tutorial for adding any coin?

Done, Enjoy

https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/tutorials/Compile%20your%20favorite%20cryptocurrency%20in%20ROKOS
Activity: 344
Merit: 251

Hi,

Pages:
Jump to: