Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 16. (Read 678322 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 11, 2014, 07:47:43 PM
Hey all,

Jim is fine, just palpitations due to stress, he was instructed to take a few days off and we will be back up and running on Monday. This is a very stressful business guys.

Shipped out more miners and rigs today, again to guys on here as well.
Glad to hear it on both parts!

Um, PLEASE pay more attention to packaging these things... So far the shippers seem to have been playing soccer with our miners...

This is the first we've seen something like with our 1.2th's or rigs.
April 11, 2014, 07:46:51 PM
It wasn't even a box, it was cardboard taped together.

Yes it seems fedex did a number on that one. We'll go ahead and schedule a pickup to RMA that miner and have another back to you as soon as we receive it. This is the first instance of a 1.2Th arriving like that, surprised the foam protection on the sides didn't keep it safe like all the other miners shipped.

We'll arrange for an RMA pickup for Monday and have a new miner back to you in a jiffy. Thanks.
Activity: 364
April 11, 2014, 07:46:09 PM
AMT_miners I see you posted but did not address my issue. Please advise what I should do.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
April 11, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
SO I can pull up AMT's web interface but it's not recognizing the modules.

I keep looking at the CG miner logs and get a cgminer not connected page.
plug direct into the pi at start up with a hdmi and usb keyboard log in to the pi with u root p amt then type killall cgminer. this will stop the mining process then type cgminer -DT this will give you a massive list. better if you can putty into the miner then you can scroll back up but basically the info displayed will be a load of numbers and at bottom of each section summat like 8 chips with 250~ cores. if you get that its working ok. and that value should be repeated per card. then jus type cgminer again and input pool details you get the old fasioned cgminer layout so you can see card stats

THanks, I'll do this in the morning when I'm clear headed, I really don't need to fuck up the new miner. Sounds like this should simplify things.

So I pluged into the pi with my extra monitor.

I entered root and amt.

Right away it was showing the ip address my router assigned it. It also showed ) gh/s

So I tried

Killall cgminer ,and was met with,   No Process Killed (seems it wasn't running)

cgminer -DT ,was met with, command line options set a device that doesn't exist.

When I typed cgminer it did the following.

Checking board 2...
failed to write to fdesc -1 : Bad File Descriptor

No A1 Chip-Chain detected
SPI '/dev.spidev).0' :mode 1, bits 8, speed 2000

it repeats that for board 3 and 4
after board 4 it then says

All devices disabled, cannot mine

So I wasn't presented with the ability to enter my pool info. Essentially I have a $5795 raspberry pi.

Any thoughts?

I went through and rechecked all my cabling, rechecked that the backplane was properly seated, rechecked the backplane cable. GPIO is well seated.

The only thing (and this could obviously be the problem) is that the raspberry pi doesn't want to to seat well with the main board. The yellow video jack pushes up against the main board (poor design choice) I'm thinking I'll just unplug the pi from the main board and see what the pi says when I run it that way to see if it gives the same info.

I could always get an additional GPIO cable and use that to connect the pi to the main board.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
April 11, 2014, 07:44:52 PM
No matter what, obviously file a damage claim with the shipper!
April 11, 2014, 07:43:28 PM
Hmm. Since FedEx accepted the package then technically they should be responsible for the damage. Just like the post office they have every right to refuse a package if it is obviously not packaged correctly.

Assuming it was insured for full value... ya might be able to get your money that way? Quest is, who does FedEx pay - you or AMT to build you a replacement?

No way, the way it was packed they would never cover this...
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:40:48 PM
Hey all,

Jim is fine, just palpitations due to stress, he was instructed to take a few days off and we will be back up and running on Monday. This is a very stressful business guys.

Really, great!  What is my tracking number?
Got a hunch you and I are near the end of the line though I did opt for the kit.
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:39:37 PM
Hmm. Since FedEx accepted the package then technically they should be responsible for the damage. Just like the post office they have every right to refuse a package if it is obviously not packaged correctly.

Assuming it was insured for full value... ya might be able to get your money that way? Quest is, who does FedEx pay - you or AMT to build you a replacement?
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:26:56 PM
I also tried to plug the miner in, I get nothing. Red light on the power supply, nothing turns on. Power button does nothing.
Pull all boards and check (fix?) the backplane sockets/pins then re-seat the boards.
Check all cabling.
Does the PSU have more than 1 light? (some have several status lights and red then means fault/short somewhere)
Pray...
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 11, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
Hey all,

How about my shipment 899? Was told I would receive tracking numbers today but never got any emails...
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
April 11, 2014, 07:24:47 PM
Received shipment.

Damaged box.  Not a lot of padding.

3 of five boards physically damaged.

Shoddy shipment!
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:24:20 PM
Hey all,

Glad to hear it on both parts!

Um, PLEASE pay more attention to packaging these things... So far the shippers seem to have been playing soccer with our miners...
April 11, 2014, 07:21:22 PM
Hey all,

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Activity: 532
April 11, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
Sooo pretty much this happened to it then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk sorry to make light but I think this is starting to look like a pattern from other reports of similar damage like the smashed cage a few pages back. This is pretty negligent behavior.
Activity: 532
April 11, 2014, 06:51:16 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 262
April 11, 2014, 06:23:12 PM
My miner came today, almost no packing on the ends. It's smashed in many pieces, also parts falling out everywhere. It looks like it was in a car accident.

Can you make pictures?
April 11, 2014, 06:16:55 PM
My miner came today, almost no packing on the ends. It's smashed in many pieces, also parts falling out everywhere. It looks like it was in a car accident. The front, back and sides are all busted.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 11, 2014, 05:41:05 PM
I emailed AMT on March 31, 2014 opting for 2 kits instead of complete miners for Order #1562.

On March 31st, 2014 Jim wrote:

"Nick,

You've been added to the kit list. Please expect a tracking number between now and friday.

Best
Jim"

So I purchased two Enermax MaxRevo 1500's at a cost of $750 which have been sitting at my shop since April 3, 2014.  I should have received a tracking number by April 4, 2014, as per Jim.  Still no tracking number.  I have emailed Jim and Alyssa twice and called and left one message with no responses since April 4, 2014.  Always being respectful when I do so.

So I will ask again.  AMT, can you please tell me when will you been shipping my kits and emailing me a tracking number?

Thank you for your response in advance,

Nick

Still no tracking

Same, and I honestly can say I'm not all that surprised....
Pages:
Jump to: