Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 191. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Stan the Man!
March 02, 2014, 05:56:27 PM

These are my two favorite pics on this whole thread. What's yours, gang?

These 2 pics are puzzling.  What's the point?  they are fully stocked on packaging supplies and ready to ship?

For those still debating:

1. yes AMT is a real company that ships rigs from Havertown, PA.  

2. They resell technobit boards(hex16b in my case), repackaged in Lian Li cases, with an AMT tag on them.  

3.  Quality of parts is great.  at least the boards and chips.  The way they are put together is suspect. Upon delivery, I'd suggest taking a very close look at your rig.  Maybe you will get lucky like Biomech, and it works out of the box.  Or maybe you'll get one like me, or the guy in Florida that got his a few weeks before i did.  Both of ours need some re-working in order to get them mining correctly.  

4.  you will get your rig, eventually.  Will it show up when they said it would?  Highly unlikely.

I still havent quite figured out why my rig restarts cgminer every minute or 2.  I may have to disable the cron jobs, and see what happens when cgminer runs for an hour or two.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
March 02, 2014, 05:07:15 PM
Who was it that wanted to sell their spot in line?

PM me so I can jump to an earlier spot in line if you are giving up your position.

~Casey
March 02, 2014, 02:52:04 PM
MACS are for dumb people or RICH people.

Linux of all flavors is FREE and the same thing as MAC. Anyone who disagrees doesn't do command line or shell scripting.

Hahahaha!

Anyone, my idea was the get a group of us together so we have an idea of what stories are what.

Talking on here keeps us all divided and our ideas separated; a popular tactic used by dictatorships, and cops....Divide and Conquer.

When we are all in a LIVE STREAM conversation or voice call, we can clearly communicate more effectively.

Plus, if we do all get screwed here, we can make this a class action type of presentation.

What do you guys want? Skype? Vent? TeamSpeak?

Let me know, I will work on getting a server up for one of them.

~Casey
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 02:05:17 PM
OK, so supposedly this guy DAVE says that he had a skype call with Jim and saw the 3.2TH (or 2.4TH model) hashing.

If this is the case, they should've had this installed.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
I don't suppose they make one for computers, do they?

Alright, that's snarky. But I hate macs Cheesy
Activity: 294
March 02, 2014, 01:47:55 PM
OK, so supposedly this guy DAVE says that he had a skype call with Jim and saw the 3.2TH (or 2.4TH model) hashing.

If this is the case, they should've had this installed.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
March 02, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
I'm getting sick of hearing "AMT is based out of the USA!!!" - does that shit really even matter anymore? I would take a company based out of China or even the Ukraine at this point, if they took credit card and posted timely updates in a professional manner.

Their owner JOSHUA ZIPKIN (Mr. world traveler from west to east) is all over the 'Balkan Markets' (according to his resumes) - but disregard that! They are based out of the USA!!!!

Just because they are in the U.S, doesn't mean they will deliver on time, at spec, or at all. If anything it's more of a marketing ploy to get $ and trust from those of us in America.

March 02, 2014, 01:00:04 PM
I was thinking it would be an idea to have a video conference, including anyone from here that wanted to chime in.

I'm not sure what there is to be gained from this idea though.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 02, 2014, 12:30:47 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone got SKYPE? I'd like to talk to a couple of you guys on there at some point.

I know I posted it earlier but only one person responded.

~Casey

everyone has scype what do you have on your mind.
BitRoll
March 02, 2014, 12:30:03 PM

They have these newer models built out and hashing already, but we can't get a single photo or video of the 1.2TH's hashing.

I'm calling bullshit on this. If it is true, then they are mining with the rigs to make profit.

Remember, one of the first things AMT_Miners said was "We are not miners!" - We should of taken that as the opposite apparently.

They could be testing.   but why are they builing the new 2.4 and 3.2 miner if the thousand 1.2 th miners are still not shipping.  The stories are very conflicting.
March 02, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

They have these newer models built out and hashing already, but we can't get a single photo or video of the 1.2TH's hashing.

I'm calling bullshit on this. If it is true, then they are mining with the rigs to make profit.

Remember, one of the first things AMT_Miners said was "We are not miners!" - We should of taken that as the opposite apparently.

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
March 02, 2014, 11:12:16 AM
we're going to round up because you can't buy a fraction of a machine. This means that you need 7 Machines to get a little more hashing power than AMT. So while (BTC1.37 * 7 units * $560) = 5370.4 and that is a cheaper initial buy-in

So the Ant is cheaper. Thanks for confirming my facts.

, you and other champions neglect a key factor. (7 units * 360 watts) = 2520, more than twice the projected AMT power consumption (1200 watts).

And you forget the most important factor. Delivery date. Order the Ants and they'll be delivered in a few days. Order AMT, and they may deliver it someday. That delivery date more than makes up for the minor electricity draw difference.
March 02, 2014, 10:24:19 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone got SKYPE? I'd like to talk to a couple of you guys on there at some point.

I know I posted it earlier but only one person responded.

~Casey
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2014, 10:04:54 AM
So why has AMT not shipped yet what is the delay.  Still the back-plane ?
Probably the have experienced some "back pain"  Grin
They are ling dude. That is all.
Activity: 420
March 02, 2014, 09:45:31 AM
Heya,

I have followed this thread for days. First what I thought was somewhat amusing about a possible scam company later seemed to be something premeditated and definitely elegit. I have been evaluating which company to purchase mining equipment from over the last two weeks. Very carefully in fact.

I didn't hear of AMT until I came to this forum. After reading this thread, (not all of it, but lets say about 20-30 pages here and there) I came to the conclusion this company actually exists in America and is actually shipping miners!

I called and left a message and jim (the one and only most famous jim called me back yesterday afternoon. I mentioned to him that I was somewhat doubtful of their delivery situation or even if they had a working miner. Seeming a bit frustrated, he offered to have a Skype call with me. The quality wasn't that great because he was using Skype over his phone, but I could clearly see he was in a lab of some sort, and he showed me a miner they were working on, the 2.4 and showed me the screen with cgminer and it was hashing at about 2.2ish.. He apologized for not having a video up yet and said they are still working on it. He sounded tired.  

He also invited me to the office, was very cordial and polite, and explained that this forum is nothing more than foreign resellers trying to tarnish their reputation. He also said they were late in shipping yes but are in fact shipping currently, he swung the phone around and I saw several guys assembling or what it looked to be building miners. He gave me viable reasons why they were and it all seemed completely understandable.

I placed an order for one 3.2Th yesterday. My Order # is 1603 .

I would like to tell others out there, that out of all the companies I have tried to contact - this company has the worst PR on this forum, and that I suggest you call and speak with the manufacturer directly before placing an order, because (at least in my case or from my point of view) AMT is a young company in America with a good product.

David
Chicago, IL

rofl.. i dont know why im having such a hard time believing all this crap. AMT is obviously upset people are not happy with them. instead of doing what they are supposed to and deliver miners they choose to flood this thread with shill posts/accounts. every post is the same... "i have been watching this thread for some time" and then it ends with "the safe bet is AMT".

If people are stupid enough to believe these newbie posts they deserve to lose their money.
BitRoll
March 02, 2014, 09:18:32 AM
So why has AMT not shipped yet what is the delay.  Still the back-plane ?
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 07:33:05 AM

lol, I just increased my post count.
You already got 18X on me. I better get busy!

There's a trick! Every time a Newbie shows up, quote their posts. You'll be golden in a month.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but I won't do that. I remember how I was treated, both in public and PM, when I was a newbie on this forum. I'm an oldschool BBS guy, so I can handle it. But this remains the most hostile forum to the new guy that I have ever encountered, and I am a libertarian anarchist!

There were a few really cool people right away. Alex, you, Greg Maxwell, Rassah and a few others. But god DAMN were some of the others horrid! I was even careful to keep my opinions low key at first, cuz nobody likes a loud mouth they haven't met yet.

The one part of this whole debacle where I can agree with AMT is that they were treated shabbily on this forum. Even before there was any reason to. The thread wasn't an hour old before the usual suspects were screaming SCAM. Where I disagree is them responding in kind. When soliciting business, it's better to take the high road.

I had more, but it got away Cheesy I no like this gettin' old shit...
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 07:24:42 AM

lol, I just increased my post count.
You already got 18X on me. I better get busy!
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 06:44:47 AM
Native tongue?
Come on in school my English teacher used native language. If that is what you mean I have posts hee in my native language. I am Bulgarian it is not top secret

I thought you had said that earlier. Nah, I wasn't stirring the pot. I find languages fascinating, especially in how people parse from one to another.

And yes, this is totally off topic, but still.. My dad grew up in South Dakota, in a town with a lot of German and Norwegian immigrants. (Which tends to explain the white side of my heritage Cheesy ). At any rate, he told me of an encounter with a German lady that illustrates my point. People tend to still speak/write their native language in the "new" language's words. The structure and idiom carry over. It's kind of cool, actually. But anyway, the lady had been asked for directions to somewhere nearby, and her reply was:

"Take me at the garden, down by the gate, turn the fence corner round, and go straight up". I always thought that both funny and lyrical, so it's stuck with me for nearly 40 years. Along with a fascination with the differences in the way we communicate. I can't respond to you in your language at all. It's a cool looking script, but it's meaningless to me without the help of a translator. That you can communicate in my language, with some difficulty from time to time, is frankly a feather in your cap.

I know of the town, having lived in Brookings, SD, a spell, speaking of spelling. I sure do miss those crystal clear glacier lakes. My dad own the original Super 8.

Actually, Ipswitch. Since you know my real name, you can probably find a lot of my ancestry there Cheesy It's been a long time since I've been there, but I think Brookings is fairly close. SD is a nice state. Did my very first bit of gold mining up near Spearfish, and been to the Rally twice. Both times on a Honda, somewhat to the consternation of the other bikers.

Hey, Bio, it was me you quoted. You been drinking?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2014, 06:41:22 AM
Bump, so that next Newbie will have something of value to quote.
No I guess that they are desperately trying to find out how to disguise their ip's.
But after they find  out there will be a lot of activity for sure Grin
And suddenly rwmax became quite ;
Do not worry rwmax all is logged.  it is up to mods to inform all of us how pathetic you are Grin
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.
March 02, 2014, 06:35:05 AM
Heya,

I have followed this thread for days. First what I thought was somewhat amusing about a possible scam company later seemed to be something premeditated and definitely elegit. I have been evaluating which company to purchase mining equipment from over the last two weeks. Very carefully in fact.

I didn't hear of AMT until I came to this forum. After reading this thread, (not all of it, but lets say about 20-30 pages here and there) I came to the conclusion this company actually exists in America and is actually shipping miners!

I called and left a message and jim (the one and only most famous jim called me back yesterday afternoon. I mentioned to him that I was somewhat doubtful of their delivery situation or even if they had a working miner. Seeming a bit frustrated, he offered to have a Skype call with me. The quality wasn't that great because he was using Skype over his phone, but I could clearly see he was in a lab of some sort, and he showed me a miner they were working on, the 2.4 and showed me the screen with cgminer and it was hashing at about 2.2ish.. He apologized for not having a video up yet and said they are still working on it. He sounded tired.  

He also invited me to the office, was very cordial and polite, and explained that this forum is nothing more than foreign resellers trying to tarnish their reputation. He also said they were late in shipping yes but are in fact shipping currently, he swung the phone around and I saw several guys assembling or what it looked to be building miners. He gave me viable reasons why they were and it all seemed completely understandable.

I placed an order for one 3.2Th yesterday. My Order # is 1603 .

I would like to tell others out there, that out of all the companies I have tried to contact - this company has the worst PR on this forum, and that I suggest you call and speak with the manufacturer directly before placing an order, because (at least in my case or from my point of view) AMT is a young company in America with a good product.

David
Chicago, IL

You mean DaEagles

We know is you Josh Zipkin. Don't try to pretend otherwise. Of course you Son-O of  Harrison the the Bulgarian would be treated to a live skype session with jim. I bet you took Alyssa on a date too.

I know that you and the masons are behind AMT. So when you get your miner and make a video we all know it is the doing of the worshipful master of the eastern lights lodge and your order is order #LIE

Nice try

Josh
From penssilguaria

Ok guys I decided to change sides for a post did I do it right?
Jump to: