Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 190. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 03, 2014, 02:06:03 AM
Where did everybody go? It's pretty amazing that most of all the other posters here logged out within 30 minutes of one another about an hour ago. Powerlines down due to Titan?

Watching "Walking dead"... Shhhh...

Also, buying a lot of crap on ebay at the moment... Fueling the economy...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 11:34:26 PM
Not when you factor in power-supply, labor connecting it all, some form of case... (Last time I checked, they didn't ship with power-supplies.)

Add in an overkill power supply for $99 and it's still cheaper. Case not needed. If you really need to host your miner in your baby's crib, I recommend some other product.

I'm actually seriously considering just buying hashpower via Piggyback mining. I bought a small amount already, and the cost is about the same as an antminer when you add in a power supply for a five year contract. I've been using them for two weeks as a "test" and they have paid out on time every sunday. Not a bad deal, actually. I'd prefer to have the miner physically in my possession, but this ain't a bad alternative. And the ability to buy 1 GH/s at a time is kind of cool as well.

It does, however lack the flexibility. I can't mine anything but bitcoin with it. That's not all bad, but as the diff rises, I can play arbitrage games if I have a miner in hand. So, Ant or not ant, that is the question...

Maybe I'll split the difference and try to get a cube or something. I'll have the money to pull the trigger in a few days.

Have you considered day trading? Smiley
Of course. It's one strategy of many. Trouble is I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'll learn, but I ain't ready. Mining I largely understand.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 11:32:18 PM
So I guess a skype group call is out of the question?

Only 1 person got back to me with their SKYPE name lol.

I can't tonight. Maybe tomorrow night, depending on how things go. I still have to install skype on the 'puter, but that only takes a couple minutes. tonight I got things going on w/family.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
March 02, 2014, 11:27:39 PM
Not when you factor in power-supply, labor connecting it all, some form of case... (Last time I checked, they didn't ship with power-supplies.)

Add in an overkill power supply for $99 and it's still cheaper. Case not needed. If you really need to host your miner in your baby's crib, I recommend some other product.

I'm actually seriously considering just buying hashpower via Piggyback mining. I bought a small amount already, and the cost is about the same as an antminer when you add in a power supply for a five year contract. I've been using them for two weeks as a "test" and they have paid out on time every sunday. Not a bad deal, actually. I'd prefer to have the miner physically in my possession, but this ain't a bad alternative. And the ability to buy 1 GH/s at a time is kind of cool as well.

It does, however lack the flexibility. I can't mine anything but bitcoin with it. That's not all bad, but as the diff rises, I can play arbitrage games if I have a miner in hand. So, Ant or not ant, that is the question...

Maybe I'll split the difference and try to get a cube or something. I'll have the money to pull the trigger in a few days.

Have you considered day trading? Smiley
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 11:26:16 PM

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 02, 2014, 11:17:31 PM

These are my two favorite pics on this whole thread. What's yours, gang?

These 2 pics are puzzling.  What's the point?  they are fully stocked on packaging supplies and ready to ship?

For those still debating:

1. yes AMT is a real company that ships rigs from Havertown, PA.  

2. They resell technobit boards(hex16b in my case), repackaged in Lian Li cases, with an AMT tag on them.  

3.  Quality of parts is great.  at least the boards and chips.  The way they are put together is suspect. Upon delivery, I'd suggest taking a very close look at your rig.  Maybe you will get lucky like Biomech, and it works out of the box.  Or maybe you'll get one like me, or the guy in Florida that got his a few weeks before i did.  Both of ours need some re-working in order to get them mining correctly.  

4.  you will get your rig, eventually.  Will it show up when they said it would?  Highly unlikely.

I still havent quite figured out why my rig restarts cgminer every minute or 2.  I may have to disable the cron jobs, and see what happens when cgminer runs for an hour or two.

Well, like you said, I got lucky. But you could try restoring the defaults, as the only time mine started that behaviour was when I fucked around with the settings without knowing what I was doing. I then put everything back to default in the cgminer setup tab, and only pushed buttons that I knew what I was doing with. Since then the only "failures" were when I was mining at an altcoin profit switching pool. My miner didn't get along with his pool. Constant problems. The guy worked with me, so I don't wanna name the pool or badmouth him. I just see it as incompatibility Cheesy
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
March 02, 2014, 10:48:53 PM
Skype for coordination... Wink, incase AMT does not deliver by the end of MARCH. We can all work on filing for a joint case against them.

Without coordination, you would see a small dent into the side of that boat.

Maybe this may show them that we are serious and will act accordingly.

Just a thought....

Skype name: Casiriah

Thanks guys! ~

Very Respectfully,

~SSgt Merry
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 02, 2014, 10:31:34 PM
I dont get this skype things.   You guys are wasting your time..
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 02, 2014, 10:30:50 PM
Sorry Casey,
my webcam doesn't work anymore hence no Skype. sometimes I wish I Had more time for that sort of thing but I usually have so many iron in the fire at once it's hard to pin me down at any given time. That and my pc is currently my miner and even the little smiley faces freak out my monitor, let alone full streaming video.

Nothing personal
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 02, 2014, 09:45:47 PM
Who was it that wanted to sell their spot in line?

PM me so I can jump to an earlier spot in line if you are giving up your position.

~Casey

you can buy order #610 from me.
March 02, 2014, 09:45:22 PM
in the backround you can see boxes with ups pouchs on them.  Which could mean they are getting ready to ship....

Yeah, or those are the cases they ordered in those boxes.
March 02, 2014, 09:32:39 PM
So I guess a skype group call is out of the question?

Only 1 person got back to me with their SKYPE name lol.

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
March 02, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

These are my two favorite pics on this whole thread. What's yours, gang?

These 2 pics are puzzling.  What's the point?  they are fully stocked on packaging supplies and ready to ship?

For those still debating:

1. yes AMT is a real company that ships rigs from Havertown, PA.  

2. They resell technobit boards(hex16b in my case), repackaged in Lian Li cases, with an AMT tag on them.  

3.  Quality of parts is great.  at least the boards and chips.  The way they are put together is suspect. Upon delivery, I'd suggest taking a very close look at your rig.  Maybe you will get lucky like Biomech, and it works out of the box.  Or maybe you'll get one like me, or the guy in Florida that got his a few weeks before i did.  Both of ours need some re-working in order to get them mining correctly.  

4.  you will get your rig, eventually.  Will it show up when they said it would?  Highly unlikely.

I still havent quite figured out why my rig restarts cgminer every minute or 2.  I may have to disable the cron jobs, and see what happens when cgminer runs for an hour or two.

in the backround you can see boxes with ups pouchs on them.  Which could mean they are getting ready to ship....

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
March 02, 2014, 07:36:28 PM

March 02, 2014, 07:06:47 PM
Oh I don't plan on going anywhere and any news I hear I will share with the group.

I have kinda been waiting for someone with more experience and more attitude to dissect RWmax's post but I guess I will have to dive in and get my feet wet and give it a try myself a little later when I have some time but I still have a couple hours of real life work to do so you will all have to wait for that, unless someone wants to take that on before I get to it.

I will try to stay on topic Grin
March 02, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Anyone down for that "conference call" tonight or tomorrow night?

Let me know, and also let me know what way we will be doing this.

I love this forum, very hilarious.

~Casey
March 02, 2014, 06:38:33 PM
so since the thread is a little slow today I thought I would share a little story.
It's a little off topic but it seems I may owe the group an apoligy.

Last night after I went to bed 2 of my post's were reported to the moderator as off topic and deleted. (most likely by our new friend RWmax)

The 1st was a lighthearted attempt at some constructive criticism on how AMT could improve the quality and content of their photos. Although I did use a dirty word it wasn't meant to offend. I am pretty sure biomech who was referenced in the post knew it was in jest and responded with an lol and a comment that was enough on topic that it did not get deleted. Biomech I want you to know I have nothing but the utmost respect for your even keeled, unbiased nature. You try to treat every one equal and help people feel more comfortable joining in on the conversation. I try to do the same but my social media skills aren't as polished as yours. (maybe someday)
Nothing brings back memories of my youth more then the excitement of a young boy getting to be involved in the opening of a machine that makes money. You probably deserve one of those dad of the year mugs or something.

The 2nd was a comment on a cute little picture of some kangaroos Phineus posted. Being caught up in the comedy this thread has become maybe I narrowly steped on the line there, so, to anyone who was offended by the masturbating kangaroo, my sincerest apologies.

One of the things I can thank amt for is giving me a reason to fallow this thread. I have grown quite fond of most of you on here, even people I didn't really care for at first I have grown to respect them for their knowledge. I am who I am and they are who they are and who the hell am I to judge.

Mr Puppet, (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) when I was lurking way back when I thought you were kind of a pompous ass. probably because of personal denial and some because of your way of trying to get your point across to us non-believers but you did prove to be right and for that I owe you an apology. Plus that dancing cat gif was some funny f#$@%n stuff.

anyway just thought I would share that with everyone. now we can get back on the topic.

Wasn't me! However, I reported RWMAX for flooding the thread with those pictures and in general for just being a raging faggot. First time I've had to do that.

My guess is AMT wants to kill this thread as soon as possible by using AMT Sympathizers (aka Shills) to over post the thread until it's unusable. I'm sure they want to just delete it outright, but that would just make them look even more suspect.

Don't let them win. Stick around Crunch, your common sense is desperately needed here.
March 02, 2014, 06:31:32 PM
so since the thread is a little slow today I thought I would share a little story.
It's a little off topic but it seems I may owe the group an apoligy.

Last night after I went to bed 2 of my post's were reported to the moderator as off topic and deleted. (most likely by our new friend RWmax)

The 1st was a lighthearted attempt at some constructive criticism on how AMT could improve the quality and content of their photos. Although I did use a dirty word it wasn't meant to offend. I am pretty sure biomech who was referenced in the post knew it was in jest and responded with an lol and a comment that was enough on topic that it did not get deleted. Biomech I want you to know I have nothing but the utmost respect for your even keeled, unbiased nature. You try to treat every one equal and help people feel more comfortable joining in on the conversation. I try to do the same but my social media skills aren't as polished as yours. (maybe someday)
Nothing brings back memories of my youth more then the excitement of a young boy getting to be involved in the opening of a machine that makes money. You probably deserve one of those dad of the year mugs or something.

The 2nd was a comment on a cute little picture of some kangaroos Phineus posted. Being caught up in the comedy this thread has become maybe I narrowly steped on the line there, so, to anyone who was offended by the masturbating kangaroo, my sincerest apologies.

One of the things I can thank amt for is giving me a reason to fallow this thread. I have grown quite fond of most of you on here, even people I didn't really care for at first I have grown to respect them for their knowledge. I am who I am and they are who they are and who the hell am I to judge.

Mr Puppet, (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) when I was lurking way back when I thought you were kind of a pompous ass. probably because of personal denial and some because of your way of trying to get your point across to us non-believers but you did prove to be right and for that I owe you an apology. Plus that dancing cat gif was some funny f#$@%n stuff.

anyway just thought I would share that with everyone. now we can get back on the topic.
March 02, 2014, 06:19:59 PM
OK, so supposedly this guy DAVE says that he had a skype call with Jim and saw the 3.2TH (or 2.4TH model) hashing.

If this is the case, they should've had this installed.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
I don't suppose they make one for computers, do they?

Alright, that's snarky. But I hate macs Cheesy

Any old 56k modem is also a "phone answering machine"... Some have complex "press button 1 for assistance with _____ " options actually. (Some free software does this with any 56K modem. Has since old packard-bell days. Tongue)

They still have a use, after all these years! lol. But google-phone has some nice business options too. Just get a google-number for free, and upgrade it to a business-line with advanced settings. (Buried in the bowels of google itself, but they do exist somewhere in there.)

I got a sweet number.. (You get to pick the number you want, or search for a list of available numbers.) Was like this.. (But not this)... 6565454 (6565)(454) or (656)(5454) Tongue
March 02, 2014, 06:13:12 PM
we're going to round up because you can't buy a fraction of a machine. This means that you need 7 Machines to get a little more hashing power than AMT. So while (BTC1.37 * 7 units * $560) = 5370.4 and that is a cheaper initial buy-in

So the Ant is cheaper. Thanks for confirming my facts.

, you and other champions neglect a key factor. (7 units * 360 watts) = 2520, more than twice the projected AMT power consumption (1200 watts).

And you forget the most important factor. Delivery date. Order the Ants and they'll be delivered in a few days. Order AMT, and they may deliver it someday. That delivery date more than makes up for the minor electricity draw difference.

Jump to: