Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 275. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
January 01, 2014, 09:20:50 AM
AMT team is too busy to answer customer questions.

Last Active:   December 26, 2013, 07:10:18 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/amtminers-152891
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 01, 2014, 08:06:44 AM
I also want an update.  Orders #961 #962
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Movin' on up.
December 31, 2013, 11:25:41 PM
I'd like an update as well. Still not any less disgruntled, though.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 31, 2013, 10:45:37 PM
Me six and seven...

Though, I can wait until after the new-year... which is only a few hours away.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
December 31, 2013, 10:39:08 PM
Me five
Activity: 29
December 31, 2013, 09:56:02 PM
Me four!! Shocked
Activity: 16
December 31, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
i would love an update as well.

Me three.
 Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 31, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
i would love an update as well.
Activity: 145
BitRoll
December 31, 2013, 06:17:53 PM
AMT Please give us an update!!!

A1 Chips are in hand by bitmine so what does this mean for our 1.2 Ths   

Please update us.   STAY AWAY TROLLS so us who ordered from AMT can get updates.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
December 31, 2013, 09:41:08 AM
Looks like the coincraft chips are have been packaged and tested:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4234318

Now let's see if AMT can really deliver on the promised shipment dates!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
December 31, 2013, 06:32:39 AM
how the frak do u messed up typing your address?Huh? I've never heard of that lolo

Easy to do when ya just moved Smiley I got the message the day of an early labor scare (my daughter is imminent) and I was frazzled. I forgot the apartment number.

They got the correction. Just waiting now. I'll keep y'all informed. All this went down on Christmas Eve, so I imagine my fuckup caused a shipping delay if nothing else was wrong.
legendary
December 31, 2013, 06:18:58 AM
It is an AMT exclusive problem when their Miner Protection Agreement explicitly states that everyone who ordered a miner gets a free upgrade if at the time of shipment their order isn't capable of achieving an ROI. They're the only company to do this, and in doing so, have bit off far more than they could chew.

My bad, I hadnt even noticed they had such plan. They seem to have hidden it on their site, for those who didnt see it either:
http://advancedminers.com/miner-protection-plan/
(pro tip for actual customers: grab some screenshots)

A few comments; first of all,  strictly speaking, if your miner mines only one satoshi in 6 months, it will have achieved "ROI". Read the last sentence "ROI is defined as “a return on investment”. One satoshi is a return, even if it works out to -99.9999%. They dont say a positive ROI.

Secondly, the protection program does absolutely nothing to protect you from late shipments. "where your mining cannot meet ROI from the suggested shipment date". Thats right, if they ship 12 months late, and you might have "ROIed" if they had shipped on time, its still your loss. I guess that gives them even more incentive to blattantly lie about "suggested shipment dates".

Lastly, the whole thing is formulated so amateurishly, it boggles the mind. Frankly, it reads like something a scammer would write on a fake website without thinking it through longer than 10 seconds.
Movin' on up.
December 31, 2013, 05:45:46 AM
The ROI isnt an AMT exclusive problem. The same applies to pretty much all asics out there.

It is an AMT exclusive problem when their Miner Protection Agreement explicitly states that everyone who ordered a miner gets a free upgrade if at the time of shipment their order isn't capable of achieving an ROI. They're the only company to do this, and in doing so, have bit off far more than they could chew.

As you said, they're pretty much shoving current-gen hardware that's currently available in mass quantities into desktop computer cases along with a controller of some sort. If they're having a hard time with their current orders, and can't manage to ship them, imagine how far out they'll be with shipment if they have to retroactively issue upgrades to everyone as their Miner Protection Agreement dictates?

This whole thing is collapsing. And fast. If they're under stress now, I can't begin to imagine how hard it will be if they keep waiting any longer.
legendary
December 31, 2013, 05:35:17 AM
The ROI isnt an AMT exclusive problem. The same applies to pretty much all asics out there.

However, I would worry that AMT apparently seem unable to ship even the bitfury/Technobit gear. Those boards are in ample supply (>1000 units last I checked). Plugging them in a mATX case along with a controller (Pi or whatever) and PSU would take what, 30 minutes if you have 2 left hands? Whats the holdup there?

As for the 28nm gear; Bitmine just posted an update. The good news is that their first chip is hashing and apparently meeting spec (25GH and the board, without taking AC-DC conversion of the PSU in to account,  drawing 0.78J/GH, in line with their stated spec of ~0.6J/GH for the chip alone). The not so good news, apart from 20 chips for selected developers, other test samples will go out mid January for a PCB design contest. Think about that for a second, and then consider the chances of Clenell getting his fully populated miner next week, drawing 0.25- 0.5J/GH at the wall from guys that apparently cant manage to hotglue a few off the shelve PCBs in to an off the shelve mATX case.

Yeah, didnt think so either.
Movin' on up.
December 31, 2013, 04:52:11 AM
Also note, as per AMT's Miner Protection agreement, any orders that are not of a 220Ghash miner or higher are entitled to upgrades at this current point in time.

The following link assumes a 128Ghash miner will run at 130Ghash, and as you can see, at $2400, it will NEVER, EVER, EVER make an ROI assuming the network has no jumps in difficulty over 30%. Realistically, we're going to see 40-50 come February. This also assumes we all get the devices today, as if by magic, which clearly isn't going to happen.

Test URL #1 - Power at $0.15/kwh. | Same test, 0 power cost. - Chance of ROI: 0%

Also keep in mind, the longer it takes for us to receive our miners, the chances of a 220Ghash miner losing its ROI potential grow exponentially.  The hardware lead time will also likely be at a minimum of one difficulty change from the look of things. Things are not really looking good for AMT here.
Movin' on up.
December 31, 2013, 04:28:56 AM
A small update. Due to curiosity, and complete lack of any form of response to any of my numerous emails and phone calls, I've had a few friends and relatives in the area stop by the address of AMT's new offices. It seems like AMT does exist as an entity in this new place after all.

Unfortunately, getting to see someone face to face is as impossible as it is to contact someone by email or phone. Upon seven different attempts at trying to catch someone in the address in PA, all they've been greeted with is a locked door. It's a positive sign that people in the area can confirm their existence as a business, however I'm still quite disappointed in lack of a proper means to contact them. Unless they're taking the entire month off for holiday, there's really just no excuse for this blatant disregard for their customers.
Activity: 200
December 31, 2013, 04:18:49 AM
Well, on the 23rd, I got an email that they would try to ship my unit by the 24th and give me my tracking number.... It is the 28th now and I am still waiting for my tracking number so I don't think they even shipped my unit.

Shipping on the days before Christmas is a nightmare. I am sure they are "trying", or have already shipped, but just not updated your shipping information yet. Don't hesitate to give them a call, and be sure to leave your order-number and a contact number. (Hit them right back in a reply from that e-mail they sent you.)

I never had a problem shipping or receiving tracking numbers before Christmas.  I never had problems getting a courier service to deliver on time as they mentioned for the services I paid for during holidays.  Therefore, there should be no excuse why AMT should be delaying my shipment IF they said " The AMT 80 the AMT 128 GHs, and the AMT 192 GHs, ship within 21 days of the date of purchase."
It should have been built, tested and read for packaging by the 21st.  Does not take 10 days to stick an address, tracking number and contact the courier to ship.

Shipping on Christmas is only an excuse for companies that ACTUALLY Ships products out... From what I have been hearing/seeing here is that no product has been shipped out yet.  Until we see about a handful of reviews from people in different places of the world, their word about shipping on time is still marked as a dud.

I have left messages, emails, just no replies.  Since they did not post any Holiday hours, in my view, they are still in business with no holiday breaks except Dec 25 and Jan 1.
Activity: 25
December 31, 2013, 04:07:31 AM
how the frak do u messed up typing your address?Huh? I've never heard of that lolo
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 31, 2013, 12:31:42 AM
Is there anyone out there that has received anything from this company in the last month and can vouch for their quality and service?

There was a member who posted pics and started to do some setup stuff, a few posts back. (Though, he was short one board, and said one fan was either DOA, or stuck. He was being shipped the missing board. Seems the photos have been removed... but the posts are still there.)

The guy getting the free miner, messed-up his shipping info, corrected it, and is waiting for the delivery.

As for the website... Google, or just follow the many ads for AMT that are showing-up everywhere in anything related to bitcoins. Hint for the future, if you ever forget... Google "1.2THs bitcoin", or "AMT bitcoin"... First few links should be one for the website.

The relevant posts are scattered among all the troll-posts. There is also some miner-pron within the first 20 posts, as well as videos on youtube.
Activity: 219
December 31, 2013, 12:25:30 AM
Didn't you know that when the SHA-256 algorithm is applied to the letters AMT, they become BFL?

Except BFL actually shipped something.

What happened to the dude who was supposed to get the free 80GH/s?
Jump to: