Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 278. (Read 678353 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 27, 2013, 03:08:48 AM
I guess this confirms the use of "Coincraft A1" chips...

Now all they need to do is sell the assembled miner boards, and they will have a massive market ready to buy them in bulk!

From what I understand the "Close-out", is how they are saying, "End of this batch". The next batch should have new delivery dates, and may or may-not have a new price... It already went up from $5,599.00 to $5,999.00... Might go up again, or back down, or get an upgrade to design for a new model. We won't know until after Friday.

I think we lost our chance of getting real direct answers due to the senseless troll-posts and accusations of being fake, to being part of a secret organization, to being in a whole other country, to having impossible specs on hardware. Not as funny to them, as it is to us. But equally as frustrating to deal with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Movin' on up.
December 27, 2013, 02:40:47 AM
AMT stepping it up on their website

- Now selling chips
- customer support area (password protected so i have no clue whats there).
- 1.2 th miner closeout (what does this mean should we expect 2.0 coming soon)

good stuff AMT.  Looking forward to picking up my order.

AMT let us know whats going on.  I still have hope.  

Are you near their location?  Is their office real?

If you paid attention, someone else said they went to their location. It does exist. Their previous office, maybe not, because nobody in the surrounding area even heard of AMT... but the new one does exist.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005
December 26, 2013, 10:53:41 PM

- Now selling chips

Are you near their location?  Is their office real?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 26, 2013, 10:36:15 PM
First post is empty why?
The OP deleted it because of the "trolls"
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 26, 2013, 10:35:02 PM
First post is empty why?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
December 26, 2013, 10:07:03 PM

- Now selling chips

$120 for a 25GH/s nominal chip in QTY 100 with delivery in February? If I could get delivery in a couple weeks I might be interested, but at those prices and timelines.
Activity: 145
BitRoll
December 26, 2013, 09:05:38 PM

- Now selling chips

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
December 26, 2013, 07:00:56 PM
Today, 12/26/2013, I received the following e-mail.  This e-mail was a result of me placing an order a week and 1/2 ago.  I ordered an 80 gh/s (80 GH/s Coin Miner $1,545)  hoping to pay via credit card as their site clearly stated that they accept CC on the 2 smaller units.  After a week, got an e-mail saying that they can't accept CC and wanted me to paid via Bitcoins or wire transfer.  I ignored it and today, I got this.

Hi XXX and Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to follow up on the order that you placed with us. Do you
wish to proceed further with your order and choose one of the currently
available payment methods provided.
If you do, please let us know, otherwise we will place another order on
your position in the que.

Many thanks and enjoy the holidays:)

--
Alyssa Trusten
AMT Billing Dep.
1254 W. Chester Pike,
Havertown, PA, 19083
1855-866-6463
[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
December 25, 2013, 06:02:10 PM
Yes, I do believe the unit will produce up to 1.2THs, running around 600Watts.

QFS
Activity: 168
December 25, 2013, 12:56:07 PM
Man, I was about to yell at y'all for being offtopic and not talking about trolls... until I noticed they'd renamed the thread. I've fixed the name back. Next time the OP abuses their ability to edit the thread title for a long established thread to change it to something unrelated, please report it to the moderators.

Aww, I was hoping that AMT came to their senses and turned over a "be professional" Christmas leaf. Hopefully they do anyway!
December 25, 2013, 10:55:50 AM
How will they get 1.2 TH at only 600 watts?  Huh

Using magic from the Lord of the rings! Hold your bitcoin and rub it while clicking your heels three times, and repeat the magic words. "Rize Dragun! Rize Dragun!"

Wait, what are watts?

It's a type-o, should say 1.2THs @ 600 KWatts... JK.

How the hell can I heat my house with only 600Watts... Now I need to buy four miners to stay warm all winter!

Yay, an official troll... He may post official troll posts... The new forum mascot! (Your post count should be much larger, or you are not an official troll-poster!)

Had to chime-in to say that. Ok, back on topic now.

P.S. Happy holidays.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005
December 25, 2013, 10:49:07 AM
How will they get 1.2 TH at only 600 watts?  Huh
December 25, 2013, 10:20:32 AM
Man, I was about to yell at y'all for being offtopic and not talking about trolls... until I noticed they'd renamed the thread. I've fixed the name back. Next time the OP abuses their ability to edit the thread title for a long established thread to change it to something unrelated, please report it to the moderators.

Thanks gmaxwell, I think they might have just wanted to wait until they had more "reporting miners", before attempting to re-post a more "official" thread.

Like all other threads in this forum, derailment has occurred, without moderation. There should be special "moderator-tools", or priorities, designated for "business owners". Even if only the ability to "SPOILER" troll-posts, and off-topic posts, until a real moderator can remove them. (If left, they would remain as spoilers that have to be "expanded" to be seen.)

Sorry, but I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in your post... "Report OP's abuse"... "Fixed OP's abuse"... "Left reported troll-posts and off-topic posts." (Seems ironic, as that seems like abuse of mod-ability. That is not intended to nit-pick, just an observation.)

As to the question about "Do I think they will send me a machine with the ABILITY to reach 1.2THs, and run NOMINALLY near that speed, while remaining NOMINALLY around 600Watts at the wall."

Yes, I do believe the unit will produce up to 1.2THs, running around 600Watts. With the ability to run slower, down to ?? speed, which will consume around 300Watts. If it ends-up consuming more wattage at the wall, I honestly wouldn't care. If it can be modified to run faster, with more power, that is just a bonus. (However, that may also require physically modifications to the voltage-regulators they designed the board with, as I am sure they will be limited to stay under 600Watts, for safety. So you don't kill the provided power-supply or overheat the chips with those standard heat-sinks.)

The only real major statistic that most are actually concerned with, is the 1.2THs potential. Since that is what they are paying for, the speed. Operating at 1200Watts would still put this unit on par with any other comparable unit out there, except the 20nm designs.

Is it possible, yes. Is it plausible, yes. Is it true, that has yet to be determined by consumers. Do I believe it will be EXACTLY those specs, within all acceptable reason, yes. Do I believe it is a flat-out informed lie, no. Do I think I will get 60 chips, no, I stated it could be done with 44-48, which I believe is realistic by looking at the designs. I think that answers all your questions, again... So please stop asking the same question over and over. You could have PMed me. I thought you wanted an actual explanation, to ease your mind, to share with the public. I was wrong for thinking that.

Worst case scenerio, as per specs... I can see the "boards" consuming 600Watts, with the rest consuming about 20Watts for the controller and fans, prior to the PSU. With a horrid 80% efficiency, that would put it at a 750Watts at the wall, roughly. Which is what a 600Watt PSU pulls at the wall, to create 600Watts of output, when it is only 80% efficient. The PSU I see them using looks like a 90% efficient PSU, which would put the wall power at around 670Watts.

That, to me, would just be an oversight, or a play on words. When the website says "Consumed wattage at the wall is 600Watts." Then we can talk about lies, if it does not come close to that value. However, they don't say that, and there is no proof otherwise to confirm that the ESTIMATED specs are incorrect. (Pre-order = Nothing to test yet, thus, ESTIMATED or as reported by the MFG.)
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
December 25, 2013, 09:22:25 AM
Everyone who ordered an AMT80ghs, AMT128ghs, or AMT192ghs, please post your order number here.

1116 was my order but it was turned down a few days later because you can't process payment.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
December 25, 2013, 06:55:34 AM
Activity: 420
December 25, 2013, 06:52:16 AM
isawhim gave an explanation for possible power configurations. read the thread.

We all did. But what you pretend to fail to understand that the only explanation that makes <600W remotely plausible (as per bitmine spec) also implies the machine should be capable of ~2.4 TH in turbo mode. Either you believe that is the case and you think AMT is grossly understating the potential performance, or they are lying through their teeth.  Since you seem to reject the possibility of AMT lying, I'll put you on record as expecting your 1.2 TH to come with ~60 coincraft chips. Prepare to be disappointed.

no, im not honestly expecting a possible 2.4th machine. i don't know what chips are going in them and i believe you are in the same boat. speculation aside, i must wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
December 25, 2013, 06:43:08 AM

We all did. But what you pretend to fail to understand that the only explanation that makes <600W remotely plausible (as per bitmine spec) also implies the machine should be capable of ~2.4 TH in turbo mode. Either you believe that is the case and you think AMT is grossly understating the potential performance, or they are lying through their teeth.  Since you seem to reject the possibility of AMT lying, I'll put you on record as expecting your 1.2 TH to come with ~60 coincraft chips. Prepare to be disappointed.
December 25, 2013, 06:36:21 AM
the topic has been antagonistic since inception.

Pardon ? I thought the OP / Topic was making a product offering to the community.

So you don't know then ?

Are you formally involved with the project, or just a customer ?

i know what i sawhim stated. do you? i'm trying to get out of the repeating posts business. it has not served me well.

i am a customer only, purchased a 1.2 order #610 - supposed delivery early january.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
December 25, 2013, 06:26:49 AM

Pardon ? I thought the OP / Topic was making a product offering to the community.

So you don't know then ?

Are you formally involved with the project, or just a customer ?
December 25, 2013, 06:21:33 AM

Jump to: