Author

Topic: Official Thread: AMT - page 279. (Read 678353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
December 25, 2013, 06:09:57 AM
not a thirsty horse. just stop isawhim... no matter what you say or how you say it puppett and crew have made up their minds.
My mind follows perfectly simple logic and Bitmine's spec. But lets have you on record too: do you think AMT's 1.2 TH miner will achieve ~1.2 TH @600W or less?
puppett... your mind doesnt follow any logic i have read about. people have to repeat themselves over and over only to /facepalm eventually and give up. even responding to you makes me cringe now.
Why not answer the guy's question?  Focus on the red font.
because you obviously can't read MY red font. puppett is a troll and must be dealt with accordingly.

It's a fair question.

Do you have any knowledge as to the power consumption of these units ? Is ~1.2TH/s @ 600W reasonable ? Are you looking more towards ~1.2TH @ 900W ?

Are you even offering them for sale any more as the OP has been wiped, and the topic has taken a more antagonistic tone towards the community ?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
December 25, 2013, 05:59:04 AM
Everyone... don't bother asking any question regarding AMT, they change their thread to what it is now and even deleted the OP. The only reply your going to get is from clenell calling you a troll or some other insult tossed at you. Just give it up, this thread is circling the drain.

Just read the thread and make up your own mind if you want to place an order with them.

1+^

clenell is army of AMT.
Soon very soon THIS WILL BECOME OBVIOUS SCAM.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
BitRoll
December 25, 2013, 12:05:23 AM
Everyone... don't bother asking any question regarding AMT, they change their thread to what it is now and even deleted the OP. The only reply your going to get is from clenell calling you a troll or some other insult tossed at you. Just give it up, this thread is circling the drain.

Just read the thread and make up your own mind if you want to place an order with them.

You have a point
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 24, 2013, 11:09:10 PM

a first for everything Smiley

i see growth.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 24, 2013, 11:07:45 PM

December 24, 2013, 09:54:16 PM
not a thirsty horse. just stop isawhim... no matter what you say or how you say it puppett and crew have made up their minds.

My mind follows perfectly simple logic and Bitmine's spec. But lets have you on record too: do you think AMT's 1.2 TH miner will achieve ~1.2 TH @600W or less?

puppett... your mind doesnt follow any logic i have read about. people have to repeat themselves over and over only to /facepalm eventually and give up. even responding to you makes me cringe now.

Why not answer the guy's question?  Focus on the red font.

because you obviously can't read MY red font. puppett is a troll and must be dealt with accordingly.
Activity: 5
December 24, 2013, 09:03:35 PM

Why not answer the guy's question?  Focus on the red font.
December 24, 2013, 08:51:25 PM

BitRoll
December 24, 2013, 08:08:09 PM

forget the math.  will amt even deliver something that can do 1.2th?  The promised to delivery this month and have not been able to even post a picture of a 1.2th case.

Jesus christ, the people making the fucking chips had a 3 week delay announced Dec 10th.  Unless AMT is using someone else's chips IT IS NOT possible they will ship 1.2 Th/s miners in 2013.  The chips are still at the FAB they can not show a fucking thing because they don't have anything.  This is all common knowledge.

On dec 21st AMT said " Our chips come in next week, or at least are due to. "
Well they are partners with the manufacturer and should know when they should ship.  Seems like that delay didn't not affect AMT a full 3 weeks. hummmm....
its a hold our breath and wait game in the dark.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
December 24, 2013, 07:24:56 PM

forget the math.  will amt even deliver something that can do 1.2th?  The promised to delivery this month and have not been able to even post a picture of a 1.2th case.

Jesus christ, the people making the fucking chips had a 3 week delay announced Dec 10th.  Unless AMT is using someone else's chips IT IS NOT possible they will ship 1.2 Th/s miners in 2013.  The chips are still at the FAB they can not show a fucking thing because they don't have anything.  This is all common knowledge.
BitRoll
December 24, 2013, 07:19:18 PM

forget the math.  will amt even deliver something that can do 1.2th?  The promised to delivery this month and have not been able to even post a picture of a 1.2th case.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
December 24, 2013, 06:50:33 PM

December 24, 2013, 06:11:06 PM
60 * 7W = 420W

Lets keep this simple, so maybe you can follow: you are saying these 1.2 TH machines have ~60 coincraft A1s?
If they have substantially less than 60 chips, there is no way for them to hit that power efficiency based on Bitmine's spec, and may I assume you would then agree with me they are deliberately deceiving their customers?

And if you do think they have 60 chips, in what world would they not provide cooling and power to enable the 1.5-2.4 TH their machine should be capable off, as per bitmine's spec?

legendary
December 24, 2013, 04:18:47 PM
60 * 7W = 420W

Lets keep this simple, so maybe you can follow: you are saying these 1.2 TH machines have ~60 coincraft A1s?
If they have substantially less than 60 chips, there is no way for them to hit that power efficiency based on Bitmine's spec, and may I assume you would then agree with me they are deliberately deceiving their customers?

And if you do think they have 60 chips, in what world would they not provide cooling and power to enable the 1.5-2.4 TH their machine should be capable off, as per bitmine's spec?

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
December 24, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
Slight update.

I provided incomplete information by mistake, so the miner hadn't shipped yesterday. That was my fault. I did catch them before it was a problem.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 24, 2013, 02:52:11 PM
And no, even 600W is not possible at the wall at nominal speeds if bitmine hit their specs. PSU's, VRM's and the rest do consume power, thats a fact, not an estimate.

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
(20GHs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

If 20GHs is the "MINERS nominal speed", then that does hit the target, with room to spare, for any electronics.

(25GHs @ 0.6W/GH = 15W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/25GHs = 48 Chips
48 * 15W = 720W

Nominal is "Near that range", for the chip. It is not ONLY that SPECIFIC value. You are as dense as they come when it comes to electronics and cars. Sorry, but you really need to stop investing in BTC if that is your greatest level of understanding. Actually, invest more, I could use some more easy money.

The chips don't have only 3 absolute levels of operation, they are showing you the RANGE, just as they do with cars. Driving on the road, or in a lab is irrelevant to the actual car you purchase. It is only expected to get NEAR that range, compared to the range of a SIMILAR vehicle with that same values, and get more than the other cars with lower values.

You are missing the whole point that the chips nominal value, and what the miners nominal operation, are NOT THE SAME. You don't drive your car at 120MPH, for hours, in a closed loop, or on the streets. Just as you don't only drive it 25MPH in that same situation. Your CARS NOMINAL value is not the MOTORS NOMINAL values. Depends on the transmission, how fat you are, if you live in the mountains, whether you got the turbo-intake, whether you got aluminum rims... I guarantee that a 4-cylinder and a 12-cylinder version of the same CAR will both do 120MPH... One just dies faster and takes longer and consumes more fuel, but its the same CAR. But that same engine in another CAR, will not have the same NOMINAL output, for the CAR. Though the engines NOMINAL output is exactly the same.

Anyways, it is clear that I am wasting my voice on the deaf. Consider me trolled by a troll. I am tired of teaching children how the world works for today.

I could care less about 5% off anything. I make more in a day then 5% off this unit would ever save me. Because I "know how the world works". lol. My mistake for thinking you wanted to know too. Since you keep asking, getting the answers, and then ask again. Something in your brain isn't functioning properly. Get your money back on that software, or pay for the upgrades, you need them.
legendary
December 24, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
But anyways, you are complaining about a few watts, on specs that were an estimate, for a machine that didn't exist at the time, and is just being "made" now.

You are missing the point. Bitmine could miss their targets, and I wouldnt necessarily call them liars if they do. But if Im going to resell bitmine chips or build gear around their chips, and I put numbers on it that are impossible with bitmine's specs, then Im lying. If you like car analogies so much, its like BMW advertising their new electric car will have a range of x miles, and a dealership taking preorders claiming it will do twice that (and claim to take delivery of the cars before even BMW says it will manufacture them).

And no, even 600W is not possible at the wall at nominal speeds if bitmine hit their specs. PSU's, VRM's and the rest do consume power, thats a fact, not an estimate.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
December 24, 2013, 12:44:30 PM
1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

Respectively... On the top-end...
(40Ghs @ 1.0W/GH = 40W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

For AMT to state power consumption as 300W-.. is a lie.

With the above two stated setups... The lower one would operate at less than 300W, but not 300W while at 1.2THs speeds.

(20Ghs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

This same 30 chips can do 1.2THs, but not at 600W. (40 chips possibly, between the two numbers.)

300W/7W = ~44 chips (low)
which would be 44*20Ghs=880GHs on the low 300W

600W/13.6W = ~44 chips (below nominal)
which would be 44*28GHs=1232GHs (1.2THs) on below nominal About 600W
Again, I assume this LIMIT is due to the PSU ability, and heat-dissipation ability. Not a limit of the chip itself. (If 44 is what is used.)

11 boards of 4 chips = 44
8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48
Or mixed, one with 4  or 6 chips, to even it out. For the 48-chip odd arrangements.

Thus, like I said... like every MFG does... They state perfect-world estimated ranges. 40MPG Hwy - 32MPG City, but it never gets that, ever... Thus 300-600W, and the "max speed" may only be 1.2THs. They never said what the low speed is.

They didn't even confirm that the A1 chip is what is being used. (That is what we assume.)

It isn't a LIE, if no-one has it yet. "Specs subject to change". Even then, it isn't a LIE, it is an error. If that is what they were told, then that is what they repeated, as specs. My video cards say 250W, but I have them running at 135W, and have pushed them over 290W. Yet the specs still say "consumes 250W". Which is not "at the wall".

But I agree that the specs seem under-estimated, possibly. (The other components are all low-power, except the PSU and fans. They run off USB-power, so they have to be low wattage.) Another thing they forget to think about, is European power is 240v, which is half the amps, and more efficient than American power at 120v. That will add 15-25% inefficiency to the PSU alone, even a platinum PSU, which is only rated at 90% efficient at 240V, with an 85% load. (Which, by the way, is a LIE, because PSU's never get that efficient. Tongue)

One more month, or two... and we will see the results, in full technicolor detail. Tongue

thanks for the explanation isawhim... nonetheless you will not convince that which does not want to be convinced. how does that adage go? you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. puppett and many others on this website are not thirsty. they are trolls plain and simple. they bring nothing useful to the table. they pimp there bias and speculation because they are attention whores, nothing more.

are you working for another 5% off from atm?

December 24, 2013, 11:05:34 AM
1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

Respectively... On the top-end...
(40Ghs @ 1.0W/GH = 40W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

For AMT to state power consumption as 300W-.. is a lie.

With the above two stated setups... The lower one would operate at less than 300W, but not 300W while at 1.2THs speeds.

(20Ghs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
600GHs/20GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 7W = 210W

This same 30 chips can do 1.2THs, but not at 600W. (40 chips possibly, between the two numbers.)

300W/7W = ~44 chips (low)
which would be 44*20Ghs=880GHs on the low 300W

600W/13.6W = ~44 chips (below nominal)
which would be 44*28GHs=1232GHs (1.2THs) on below nominal About 600W
Again, I assume this LIMIT is due to the PSU ability, and heat-dissipation ability. Not a limit of the chip itself. (If 44 is what is used.)

11 boards of 4 chips = 44
8 boards of 6 chips = 48
6 boards of 8 chips = 48
Or mixed, one with 4  or 6 chips, to even it out. For the 48-chip odd arrangements.

Thus, like I said... like every MFG does... They state perfect-world estimated ranges. 40MPG Hwy - 32MPG City, but it never gets that, ever... Thus 300-600W, and the "max speed" may only be 1.2THs. They never said what the low speed is.

They didn't even confirm that the A1 chip is what is being used. (That is what we assume.)

It isn't a LIE, if no-one has it yet. "Specs subject to change". Even then, it isn't a LIE, it is an error. If that is what they were told, then that is what they repeated, as specs. My video cards say 250W, but I have them running at 135W, and have pushed them over 290W. Yet the specs still say "consumes 250W". Which is not "at the wall".

But I agree that the specs seem under-estimated, possibly. (The other components are all low-power, except the PSU and fans. They run off USB-power, so they have to be low wattage.) Another thing they forget to think about, is European power is 240v, which is half the amps, and more efficient than American power at 120v. That will add 15-25% inefficiency to the PSU alone, even a platinum PSU, which is only rated at 90% efficient at 240V, with an 85% load. (Which, by the way, is a LIE, because PSU's never get that efficient. Tongue)

One more month, or two... and we will see the results, in full technicolor detail. Tongue

thanks for the explanation isawhim... nonetheless you will not convince that which does not want to be convinced. how does that adage go? you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. puppett and many others on this website are not thirsty. they are trolls plain and simple. they bring nothing useful to the table. they pimp there bias and speculation because they are attention whores, nothing more.
Activity: 34
December 24, 2013, 11:04:13 AM
We need a thread on "How Asic manufacturers Troll bitcoiners."

I second this motion.
Jump to: