Pages:
Author

Topic: ***OFFICIAL*** TRUMP COIN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN DONATION SUPERPAC FUNDER**** - page 25. (Read 40437 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
So one of the things I don't understand right now is how we can donate the trumpfund (in usd) to trump while having the trumpfund in a super PAC. As far as I understand we simply can't and instead of donating directly we finance our own "trump for president" campaign? I'm not quite sure how we would go about.

We cannot donate the entire fund directly to Trump with or without a PAC, unless we choose to be intentionally wasteful.

Yes, The best thing we can do is to either pay for our own campaign to support Trump by purchasing ads, giving away shirts and buttons at rallies, etc or help finance an already established Super PAC that aligns with our agendas. Personally, I prefer to start a new PAC that we can drive and control ourselves, but I want everyone to understand enough to help make a group decision.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Has anyone actually contacted Bittrex or Polo since we have become an LLC?

I haven't. We are still transitioning. I would like to solidify the leadership a little more and at least get our goals clarified and more clearly defined on the website before circling back around to groups that have already rejected us once.
That's a good idea.
Activity: 89
So one of the things I don't understand right now is how we can donate the trumpfund (in usd) to trump while having the trumpfund in a super PAC. As far as I understand we simply can't and instead of donating directly we finance our own "trump for president" campaign? I'm not quite sure how we would go about.
TrumpCoin Lead Developer

I haven't. We are still transitioning. I would like to solidify the leadership a little more and at least get our goals clarified and more clearly defined on the website before circling back around to groups that have already rejected us once.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
Politechs

Just dropping that here so I don't forget that someone just "coined" the term.
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
What can super PACs do with their money?
Anything except contribute directly to, or coordinate expenditures with, candidates and candidate committees. They can pay for any typical political expenditure, and then some. Super PACs can and do pay for television ads, phone banks, canvassers and bumper stickers. In other words, they can act as a shadow campaign.

What happens to super PACs' money when the candidates they are supporting withdraw from a race?
That’s hard to say because the law leaves the possibilities wide open. An orphan super PAC could use its money to help other candidates with independent expenditure campaigns. Super PACs may even be able to let the ex-candidate take over the PAC. The Campaign Legal Center's Ryan says there’s nothing in the law that says the staff can’t use the money for a post-campaign cruise, but Mimi Marziani says she and other lawyers at New York University's Brennan Center suspect that anyone who tries to take advantage of that loophole might find himself under investigation for fraud.

The second point is important as I feel we need to continue to establish a narrative for what happens to this project after the election. Win or lose there are so many things we can do with TrumpCoin, many have been discussed here and other boards. I believe the SuperPac verbiage means we can continue to operate after the election and support other Trump/Trump inspired people/organizations/charities.

We need to start reminding people now that TrumpCoin is a long term project, many of us would love to be a member of this community in 2020 and perhaps we even become a coin that cracks the top 5 and is seen as a low transaction fee, first causecoin pillar in the crypto community. As opposed to a lot of groupthink I see that feels the coin basically becomes abandoned after election season.

I believe this sets a good stage...

We are spearheading what we are calling CauseCoin technology or more specifically a cryptocurrency connected to an FEC registered Super PAC who intends to raise awareness about blockchain technologies by demonstrating how these techs can be used to bypass special interests in government in order to balance power back into the peoples' hands. We also identify ourselves as a democratic organization, that is, one that elects its leaders and hold votes in order to establish bi-laws and protocol.

We can file our PAC to support Trump only or we can file to support his ideals that align with ours. We can be TrumpCoin, support Mr.Trump, and still have a higher agenda/cause.
We can also dissolve a Trump-centric PAC after the elections and create new PACs for virtually anything we want to.
There are lots of options.

TrumpCoin Lead Developer
Activity: 105
Media Content Manager - TrumpCoin
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
Can newbies vote?

I too have this question. Since this account is new, when I go to the voting page I do not see any way to vote.
Also I do not remember registering to vote in any way, besides sending Signal7 a message about a week ago.

I'm not sure but most likely no.
Newbie accounts are highly restricted on these forums.
If you are unable to vote, please still feel free to voice your opinion in the threads under the poll.
TrumpCoin Lead Developer
I love what all this drama eventually consolidated into! I almost dumped my 300k TRUMP during it.

Who came up with the SuperPAC idea? Hat's off to him/her/them!

The idea bubbled up out of this community over time.

I strongly believe that we can pick up where these guys left off to make some real headlines and cause real change: https://democracychronicles.com/bitcoin-superpac/

TrumpCoin Lead Developer
I believe that whoever becomes the treasurer will need to have his ID verified as a bare neccesity to establish (additional) trust.

Yes, of course. The treasurer will be required to become an employee and/or agent of TrumpCoin, LLC. This will require identification, NDA, a background and credit check before being allowed to access any company accounts, crypto or fiat.

Does that also imply that the treasurer will need to be a US citizen? I was assuming he/she would need to be, but I'm not quite sure.

Yes. I can only hire U.S. nationals and the FEC requires that all members of a Super PAC organization be U.S. nationals.

EDIT: Temporary residence inside the U.S. territories and a green card qualify a person as a U.S. national.

I think the treasurer should be. (No specific order)

1. Third party legally bound to a contract (Lawyer)
2. Celebrity with much more to lose from scandal (Dude that was going to be on AJ? Doesn't have to be a giant celeb...)
3. Contact whoever handled the ICO funds for other recent coins (I think Rise did some type of escrow through coinbase)

It will be too easy for people to blow holes in our story if its internal. Even multi sig is fishy.

If nothing else I'd rather just have Signal hold them. If he does anything weird at this point the coins over with regardless.

ok so maybe I should clear up some facts about what we can and cannot do legally.

Let's start with the can nots:
1. We cannot contribute more than $2700 from a single entity directly to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. If we register as a Super PAC, we can NOT...
  a. contribute even one penny directly to him or his official campaign.
  b. communicate with him in any way, shape or form during the elections.
  c. expect any endorsements or acknowledgements from him during the elections.

Things we CAN do:
1. Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. Combine our talents, resources, and finances to indirectly support Donald Trump for President with media and grassroots campaign efforts.
3. Solicit unlimited donations to our PAC in order to help us towards our goals.
4. Buy commercials, billboards, and advertising of any kind to promote Trump for President and/or the TrumpCoin initiatives.

Why are these points important?

Because folks seem to believe that we are going to be allowed to pump the coin value up to around $5 and just give Trump a million bucks.

No. That's illegal. He cannot accept it.

I do not feel like it is sensible for a prominent public person to just sit on the funds for us (they will be constantly having to manage and document movements). I do not feel like it is sensible to lock the fund into any escrow or other long term commitment. I feel like the fund should be handled by an internal official treasury like any other PAC with publicly available ledgers and accountability and put to good use to help fund our agenda(s). yes, I am drafting a plan.

All that said, we have yet to decide definitively the true scope of our official agenda, which should be our very next step after establishing some sort of organized leadership.
Once we have more thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of Super PAC vs. donation fund, we will be able to finally commit to a direction and make a responsible decision as to how the fund should be stored, used, protected, etc.

These are all good suggestions.

In response to this and other feedback that I have received regarding how to properly structure voting in a convenient and provably fair manner, I have reached out to https://followmyvote.com/ with the following correspondence:

Hi. I am the owner of TrumpCoin, LLC (www.trumpcoin.com) which is a new company established this week in Virginia. We are spearheading what we are calling CauseCoin technology or more specifically a cryptocurrency connected to an FEC registered Super PAC who intends to raise awareness about blockchain technologies by demonstrating how these techs can be used to bypass special interests in government in order to balance power back into the peoples' hands. We also identify ourselves as a democratic organization, that is, one that elects its leaders and hold votes in order to establish bi-laws and protocol. I feel that we share mutual interests and may find mutual benefit in a relationship with each other. I am interested in opening discussions with an agent of your organization in order to forge a mutually beneficial exchange of resources. I look forward to your response.

I'll keep you posted on this as well as any other developments related to your suggestions above.

Thank you.

Thank you again, Signal, for your hard work, dedication, and professionalism! I think reaching out to FMV is a brilliant move and that these two coins (BLRY being the other, partnered with FMV as well) really represent a big step forward in the proliferation of Blockchain technology. Looking forward to your updates.
Activity: 433
Merit: 260
I love what all this drama eventually consolidated into! I almost dumped my 300k TRUMP during it.

Who came up with the SuperPAC idea? Hat's off to him/her/them!
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Can newbies vote?

I too have this question. Since this account is new, when I go to the voting page I do not see any way to vote.
Also I do not remember registering to vote in any way, besides sending Signal7 a message about a week ago.
Pages:
Jump to: