Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 35. (Read 308307 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Question: This may sound super stupid, but I have been checking the docs and I don't see it.

Can BFGMiner or CGMiner issue explicit commands to the miner while running? I'd like to do a ZCX on a BFL Jalapeno while it is running (trying to lower the 1.0 volt voltage while hashing to see what effect it has) and I can't figure it out. Or do I have to use screen in some way I'm not (I can run Windows or PiUnix)

Thanks
C
There's a hidden RPC option to issue arbitrary commands, but I don't think it can handle multiple line responses, so not sure how it would affect things.
Ok. Is there a hidden document to use the hidden RPC option, or do I hop into the source code?

Mmmm.... source code. It's written in Fortran/77, right?

C
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Question: This may sound super stupid, but I have been checking the docs and I don't see it.

Can BFGMiner or CGMiner issue explicit commands to the miner while running? I'd like to do a ZCX on a BFL Jalapeno while it is running (trying to lower the 1.0 volt voltage while hashing to see what effect it has) and I can't figure it out. Or do I have to use screen in some way I'm not (I can run Windows or PiUnix)

Thanks
C
There's a hidden RPC option to issue arbitrary commands, but I don't think it can handle multiple line responses, so not sure how it would affect things.
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
no Sir. Nothing to see Sir. Keeping calm carrying
can i used this cmd line for boths miners ?

-S erupter:all -S rockminer:all
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

Thanks
C
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
I can probably create one for Raspi SD card - have never done this before and not quite sure where to upload and share this rather large image. Let me see what I can do.
Should Hashra be listed in README as a GUI/OS based on BFGMiner?
Let me know where to put it Smiley

Luke,

Hashra has been using BFGminer 3.x since CONTROLA version 1.2.x I believe, so it's been an official HASHRA mining platform for a while...

Since that time HASHRA has released two separate images - MINI CONTROLA (to mine with 5 chips gridseeds) and BLADE CONTROLA (to mine with 40x2 chips gridseed blades). Both versions are still using BFGminer 3.x. I have only upgraded to BFGminer 4.x to be able to mix above mentioned GridSeeds under one one roof. I'm not affiliated with HASHRA by the way so you guys probably have to figure this out on your own.

legendary
I can probably create one for Raspi SD card - have never done this before and not quite sure where to upload and share this rather large image. Let me see what I can do.
Should Hashra be listed in README as a GUI/OS based on BFGMiner?
Let me know where to put it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I know many new miners would love a simple GUI like this to be able to run their units on that is Pi based.  I think you have done a great job getting the latest drivers and software on there to facilitate it.
I wish you luck and look forward to it if you can get one to work.
Thanks.  :-)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Do you have an image that could be downloaded with all the updates like this that new users who are not great with the command line could DL and use?
Great work by the way.

Compiled BFGMiner 4.1 for HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA 1.4.6.1 and it works well so far... Running mix of gridseeds minis and blade on a single Raspi.

legendary
Hi Luke
Vladimir say that is better connect miso-mosi-sck of atmel328 with misoout mosiout sckout of bitfury chip. Then write a driver like nf1_init (sorry but in vb.net because it is the language that I know better) and you should translate in C.
About the algorithm that manage the energetic behaviour of device, it should be written in external file "PowerManagementScript" so anyone could change it.
What do you think?
Anyone can change C code for now.
Maybe RPC can be used to enable scripting it...
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Downloaded using git clone then ./configure then  make.. Runs using default settings but does not detect RockMiner R-Box

Running on Minepeon newest build.

Thank you for any and all help
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
@Luke
Any word on getting the Zeusminers working on BFGminer yet. Theres a couple of builds running around but none of them are handling more then 2 miners for some reason. I add a third or forth miner and BFG just crashes. It is definitely not a configuration issue. Tried to make it work six ways to Sunday. Thanks
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
Has anyone got bfgminer working with an ant s1? I use bfg for everything but have no choice with the s1. I couldn't comment on which is better but it would be nice to have the option.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Thanks, Nate.  That worked, I thought I had to replace the INF in another driver package in order to get it to work.

However, I have the same problem that Oldminer mentioned above: BFGminer find the Gridseed Orbs and mines fine for the first while.  After about 30 or so minutes, the speed drops and they eventually stop accepting shares.  I have read about the FIFO buffers and tried messing with those, but it seems to behave the same with them enabled or disabled.  Any ideas?  I'm using BFGminer 4.1 on Windows 7.

I've unfortunately never seen such an issue with any Orbs, Blades, or DMUs on any of the OSs I have setup for testing and dev.
Is there a way I can provide you with a log file so you can have a look at it and maybe identify something?  I don't think there's anything left for me to try to get it to work...
Activity: 56
Hi Luke
Vladimir say that is better connect miso-mosi-sck of atmel328 with misoout mosiout sckout of bitfury chip. Then write a driver like nf1_init (sorry but in vb.net because it is the language that I know better) and you should translate in C.
About the algorithm that manage the energetic behaviour of device, it should be written in external file "PowerManagementScript" so anyone could change it.
What do you think?
Activity: 37
I have four of the round mini gridseed ASIC miners hooked up to a USB hub. I have the latest version of BFGminer. How do I mine
in dual mode with it? Sha256 only mode?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Cynthia

I agree with to use Hashra for dual mining.  It worked for me and it uses BFGMiner internally.  How I am not sure, I haven't looked into it.  I will confess that I stopped dual mining because the extra Scrypt processing is more profitable currently.
Compiled BFGMiner 4.1 for HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA 1.4.6.1 and it works well so far... Running mix of gridseeds minis and blade on a single Raspi.

Download here: https://mega.co.nz/#!5QJkwYyC!-7AJ_qTmcWBmNlS93A1ybQf-oW2CZUZlwYkIUak-yFw
I will ask to vladimir that is SPI GURU
legendary
I should connect miso mosi sck in miso out mosi out sck out and a free gpio as chip select?
I'm not a hardware person, sorry.
I would think you'd want MISO/MOSI/SCK to connect to the mining chips when GPIO-N is low, and connected to the microcontroller when GPIO-N is high.
But maybe it makes it easier or more sense to just chain the microcontroller on the end of the chips?
I should connect miso mosi sck in miso out mosi out sck out and a free gpio as chip select?
Pages:
Jump to: