Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30 - page 33. (Read 308307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Ok cool.
That is what I am running it with now.

This is good news.  I will try it out tomorrow once I get my 2nd Blizzard. 
Do you suggest the standard windows driver or do you have an updated one that would be good with it?

Haven't done Windows yet - only OS X and Raspberry Pi. I'd assume it's the SiLabs drivers.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Do you suggest the standard windows driver or do you have an updated one that would be good with it?

Haven't done Windows yet - only OS X and Raspberry Pi. I'd assume it's the SiLabs drivers.
legendary

There is now a branch available for folks who want to start testing ZeusMiner support and giving feedback:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support

Available options are:

Code:
--set chips=X
--set freq=XXX
--set cores=X
--set nocheck_golden=1

While the first three are self explanatory, the fourth is apparently required to work around a small (but significant) number of buggy HW/FW revisions. These ASICs do not return a proper response to the detect command sent to them. As such, you must tell the driver to ignore the "golden nonce" returned by the device.

It is recommended you do not use this unless you are sure you need to. Also, if you must use it, I recommend you target a specific device by its path, e.g.:

Code:
--set zus@/dev/ttyUSB2:nocheck_golden=1

If you have the time / ability to test this on OpenWRT that would be awesome. There were some work-arounds in the reference driver code from ZeusMiner that I left out until I can verify it is necessary.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
There is now a branch available for folks who want to start testing ZeusMiner support and giving feedback:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/zeusminer-support

Available options are:

Code:
--set zus:chips=X
--set zus:freq=XXX
--set zus:cores=X
--set zus:nocheck_golden=1

While the first three are self explanatory, the fourth is apparently required to work around a small (but significant) number of buggy HW/FW revisions. These ASICs do not return a proper response to the detect command sent to them. As such, you must tell the driver to ignore the "golden nonce" returned by the device.

It is recommended you do not use this unless you are sure you need to. Also, if you must use it, I recommend you target a specific device by its path, e.g.:

Code:
--set zus@/dev/ttyUSB2:nocheck_golden=1

If you have the time / ability to test this on OpenWRT that would be awesome. There were some work-arounds in the reference driver code from ZeusMiner that I left out until I can verify it is necessary.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
When I start bfgminer I just keep getting:

FT_GetComPortNumber(01ef08a8 (0), 5)

Any ideas why?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
hi team !~ how do you turn off full screen mode? LOL  Huh TIA!!!
In CMD Prompt?Huh??   Right click cmd prompt, select properties, change what you want, full screen/ minimized default can be changed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hey Luke,

Noob question: Connect the USB from Avalon3 Single Module – 290 to PC (running Windows 7 pro).
Will BFGminer mine (Eligius is obviously the pool of choice)?

Thanks,

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
Thanks for the quick reply!! The lowest diff I can set on the page is 4 which means I'll have to ssh and try to set it manually.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
If you can compile, there's a hack on https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/pull/456 you could merge to make it diff 16.

hi ya bud!~ how do you switch out of full screen mode? =) thanks!!!!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
@ManeBjorn

Just running one now but I plan on getting more. I would think if it runs one very well and not using a powered usb hub more on a powered hub should run just as good. I recommend using a 2.0 D-Link DUB-H7 powered usb hub. 3.0 has given some people issues depending on the miner and Rasberry Pi might not be 3.0 friendly from what I read.
legendary
Yes, use MultiMiner.  It uses BFGMiner as a back end and is a great GUI.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173

Is it possible to use BFGminer to simultaneously mine with 5-chip gridseeds and videocards to a local wallet on the same machine.  Videocards and Gridseeds are plugged into the same Machine the wallet is running on.
Activity: 192
Hello,

sometimes I get a status of "dead" or "sick" of my Rock Miner in bfgminer 4.2.0. Any idea what is the reason?

Greetings Marc
Do you have multiple pools configured in fallback mode?

If so, bfgminer doesn't handle that well.

I have the same issue and it is frustrating.   I use ghash.io as my primary and btcguild as my secondary.  bfgminer survives one, maybe two failovers before it whacks your rock miner.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Is it possible to use BFGminer to simultaneously mine with 5-chip gridseeds and videocards to a local wallet on the same machine.  Videocards and Gridseeds are plugged into the same Machine the wallet is running on.
Activity: 141
Hello Gentlemen,

I'm trying to build the fork for ZeusMiner and I'm getting the following errors:

sudo make

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer'
Making all in lib
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
  GEN    signal.h
  GEN    string.h
make  all-recursive
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/lib'
Making all in ccan.bfg
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/ccan.bfg'
Makefile:455: ../ccan-upstream/ccan/opt/.deps/libccan_a-helpers.Po: No such file or directory
Makefile:456: ../ccan-upstream/ccan/opt/.deps/libccan_a-opt.Po: No such file or directory
Makefile:457: ../ccan-upstream/ccan/opt/.deps/libccan_a-parse.Po: No such file or directory
Makefile:458: ../ccan-upstream/ccan/opt/.deps/libccan_a-usage.Po: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../ccan-upstream/ccan/opt/.deps/libccan_a-usage.Po'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer/ccan.bfg'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/zeus/bfgminer'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas about what I'm missing here. I'm Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit and built a fork for Gridseeds without a problem but this one https://github.com/Darkwinde/bfgminer is giving me these errors.

thanks much!

======================================
Fix to the problem above
======================================

• deleted the entire bfgminer folder
  • re-cloned the fork using Git - very important - if you don't use Git it will not get the submodules
  • followed the steps below

git clone https://github.com/Darkwinde/bfgminer.git
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
chmod +x ./configure
./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt
make
run ./bfgminer --version

- Now to make it system wide
sudo make install
- To avoid "error while loading shared libraries:"
ldconfig
legendary
How many R-Boxes??

I compiled on minepeon basic commands, ./configure then automake. Running several days non-stop just fine on Minepeon.

@Betaman2k Read page 7 of this post.
Activity: 23
I compiled on minepeon basic commands, ./configure then automake. Running several days non-stop just fine on Minepeon.

@Betaman2k Read page 7 of this post.
legendary
Yes I have it working but not perfectly.
It will detect all 4 R-Boxes and mine for several hours before dropping down to one or two active miners.
I have new hub to try later tonight to see if that fixes it.
While they are running they work great on MinePeon.

I have just put BFGMiner 4.2.0 on my MinePeon setup.  Did you need to do any special compiling to have it detect your R-Box?

Were you able to get it working with minepeon? I've had no such luck as yet, but I didn't try particularly hard...
Activity: 154
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
hi team !~ how do you turn off full screen mode? LOL  Huh TIA!!!
Activity: 1
Hello,

sometimes I get a status of "dead" or "sick" of my Rock Miner in bfgminer 4.2.0. Any idea what is the reason?

Greetings Marc
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Thanks for the quick reply!! The lowest diff I can set on the page is 4 which means I'll have to ssh and try to set it manually.

If you can compile, there's a hack on https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/pull/456 you could merge to make it diff 16.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: