Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 147. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
This is odd, it works fine on p2pool... Trying now BTCGuid and also have about 30MH/s reported on pool side and 150MH/s on miner side O_o
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Something is odd there.
I point my miner to pool and after about 20hrs get stats:
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/1Q6igQVdYrxLKy5qJBXAEsSn91S1Zhnoii
Most strange thing is that miner shows:
Code:
(5s):105.5 (avg):146.2 Mh/s | Q:2795  A:176  R:1  HW:0  E:6%  U:0.16/m
TQ: 1  ST: 2  SS: 0  DW: 336  NB: 115  LW: 0  GF: 1  RF: 4
How is this possible that pool telling me that I have only about 10MH/s average???

Your miner seems faulty , look at all the DW compared to Accepted shares , your U is far too low aswell at 100mh you should have a U of 1.397 and yours is 0.16 which means you are submitting shares to the pool at roughly 10-12mh and not 100mh.

Lastly, whats up with your efficiency? 6% ? All of this points to something faulty on your side unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Something is odd there.
Code:
(5s):105.5 (avg):146.2 Mh/s | Q:2795  A:176  R:1  HW:0  E:6%  U:0.16/m
TQ: 1  ST: 2  SS: 0  DW: 336  NB: 115  LW: 0  GF: 1  RF: 4
How is this possible that pool telling me that I have only about 10MH/s average???

Do you have multiple pools defined in CGMiner? I think you need to set --failover-only or something or else it will "leak" work to secondary pools.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Something is odd there.
Code:
(5s):105.5 (avg):146.2 Mh/s | Q:2795  A:176  R:1  HW:0  E:6%  U:0.16/m
TQ: 1  ST: 2  SS: 0  DW: 336  NB: 115  LW: 0  GF: 1  RF: 4
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
We just finished a 23h57m round.
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
The link I posted links to that page, and I looked at it, but didn't scroll down.  Where's the facepalm emoticon?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I'm actually surprised it didn't come earlier.

If this goes on for too long, I might consider "upgrading" to ESMPPS just so new miners don't feel like they're losing out. Thoughts?

Would be pro. I already see the pool hashrate down. New people might help it a little.
legendary
Activity: 807
I don't think you included a link in your post about going to ESMPPS pointing to information on the two systems.  This would make it easier for incredibly lazy bums who don't want to (or average joes who don't know where to) search for information on the difference between the two systems.

ETA: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools (and you thought I was one of those people)

This page links to Eligius's definition of SMPPS and a post about ESMPPS in a thread on this forum.  I guess I'd get paid the same amount at the end of the day, but with a low hashrate and more old work, I'm not sure which I like better.  I say we just get back to the other side of the luck.
legendary
with the recently very poor luck, I'd be interested in how many blocks are we "behind". Is there some way to get info about negative buffer size? A graph would be cool (I like graphs), but numbers will suffice.
There is currently approximately 1000 BTC worth of extra credit issued.
Considering Eligius's history of above-average luck, and often peaking out over 1000 BTC buffered, this seems pretty normal/expected.
For comparison, another pool member noted yesterday that p2pool's luck works out to 2400 BTC behind.

If this goes on for too long, I might consider "upgrading" to ESMPPS just so new miners don't feel like they're losing out. Thoughts?
Activity: 518
Uh oh.
DDoS. Working on it, should be back online soon.

Funny stuff. I remember you saying the other day Eligius would be harder to DDOS than P2Pool yet now I see p2pool still working. Wink

I have nothing to do with the DDOS BTW. Just an observation and you got proved wrong ...
No, it didn't prove anything wrong. Eligius is still working, I just had to activate the DDoS protection - now we have more info to build on to automate activating it better next time. p2pool is still working because nobody bothered to try DDoSing it yet. If someone wanted to do a comparison to "prove me wrong", they need to DDoS p2pool too (which is just as illegal as DDoSing Eligius, so I don't endore doing it) with the same amount of bandwidth and see how each pool does after 24 hours of it.

Fair point. Did you find out why / who was DDOSing ? Called the FEDs ?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Hey,

with the recently very poor luck, I'd be interested in how many blocks are we "behind". Is there some way to get info about negative buffer size? A graph would be cool (I like graphs), but numbers will suffice.

Thanks
legendary
Uh oh.

Funny stuff. I remember you saying the other day Eligius would be harder to DDOS than P2Pool yet now I see p2pool still working. Wink

I have nothing to do with the DDOS BTW. Just an observation and you got proved wrong ...
No, it didn't prove anything wrong. Eligius is still working, I just had to activate the DDoS protection - now we have more info to build on to automate activating it better next time. p2pool is still working because nobody bothered to try DDoSing it yet. If someone wanted to do a comparison to "prove me wrong", they need to DDoS p2pool too (which is just as illegal as DDoSing Eligius, so I don't endore doing it) with the same amount of bandwidth and see how each pool does after 24 hours of it.
Activity: 518
Uh oh.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Uh oh. Artefact server down?

Code:
500 Internal Server Error

nginx/0.8.54
legendary
Can the new address type be used for regular transactions, or is it limited to multisig transaction types only?
Pretty much any kind of transaction, even non-standard ones.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Can the new address type be used for regular transactions, or is it limited to multisig transaction types only?
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Anyone want to test our fancy new donation address? 31igiusSdShicXmGAbJHNJuit1rzuJYKzF (requires 0.6.0+)

I could be tempted if the unlucky streak is broken sooner rather than later Cheesy
legendary
Anyone want to test our fancy new donation address? 31igiusSdShicXmGAbJHNJuit1rzuJYKzF (requires 0.6.0+)
Jump to: