Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 151. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
@Luke-Jr

I see very high reject-rates with my ztex board on your pool.

Ztex-Quad (BTCMiner or cgminer): 4.53%
GPU (cgminer): 1.8%

To compare:

Deepbit:
Ztex-Quad: 0.18%
GPU: 0.21%

ABCPool:
Ztex-Quad: 0.22%
GPU: 0.29%

Any idea why?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Eloipool locked up while I was AFK and nobody bothered to call - I guess with continuous uptime for 2 months we all just assumed it was stable Wink

What happened in detail was, epoll returned that a socket was writable, but then actually trying to write to it blocked. This was a (miner-side) getmemorypool request, so I'm guessing maybe Python blocks until all the data is written, rather than just trying a single send(). To fix it, I set all the connection sockets to non-blocking, so they should never block under any circumstances.

While I was in that code, I also added an attempt to write immediately when Eloipool decides to send data (rather than waiting to check if the socket is readable). There's a chance this may improve longpoll response times slightly.

My stales were slightly higher after the patch (0.6~ - 1.41~) though. I'm not sure if it's related to this but it occurred after the patch.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Eloipool locked up while I was AFK and nobody bothered to call - I guess with continuous uptime for 2 months we all just assumed it was stable Wink

What happened in detail was, epoll returned that a socket was writable, but then actually trying to write to it blocked. This was a (miner-side) getmemorypool request, so I'm guessing maybe Python blocks until all the data is written, rather than just trying a single send(). To fix it, I set all the connection sockets to non-blocking, so they should never block under any circumstances.

While I was in that code, I also added an attempt to write immediately when Eloipool decides to send data (rather than waiting to check if the socket is readable). There's a chance this may improve longpoll response times slightly.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Pool down?

Status   Address   Latency   Uptime (API)
Network problem (timeout, unreachable)   ra.mining.eligius.st:8337   N/A   Downtime : 8 minutes
Hi Luke-Jr,

something is wrong with the stats at Eligius. Since Apr 2 it's completely wired.

Also the "submitted shares" count looks wrong. Does Eligius loose shares, or it's just a problem with the stats?
Everything looks fine to me...

Hi,

once again. Still having problems with Eligius pool.

If I jump in (with 5GH) stats are not going up. Not after 15min, 30min... The 15min stat remains 0 or at maximux 50MH with 10 or 20 shares submitted.

Therefore I started mining with a new bitcoin address. I've submitted around 1000 shares. One day later the address is still unknow. The bitcoin address is correct. Just send 0.01 BTC to it from another PPS pool.

So whats going on... for me nothing looks fine.

Here's the link to Eligius with the new bitcoin address: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/1P7jUfXUEgk4oqXXxsQ2RAJsa9uBp1ChSA
You (or your miner) are sending it lowercase'd. Bitcoin addresses are case-sensitive, so the all-lowercase variant is invalid.

Fixed and working Smiley Thanks a lot.
legendary
Hi Luke-Jr,

something is wrong with the stats at Eligius. Since Apr 2 it's completely wired.

Also the "submitted shares" count looks wrong. Does Eligius loose shares, or it's just a problem with the stats?

Hi,

If I jump in (with 5GH) stats are not going up. Not after 15min, 30min... The 15min stat remains 0 or at maximux 50MH with 10 or 20 shares submitted.

Therefore I started mining with a new bitcoin address. I've submitted around 1000 shares. One day later the address is still unknow. The bitcoin address is correct. Just send 0.01 BTC to it from another PPS pool.

Here's the link to Eligius with the new bitcoin address: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/1P7jUfXUEgk4oqXXxsQ2RAJsa9uBp1ChSA
You (or your miner) are sending it lowercase'd. Bitcoin addresses are case-sensitive, so the all-lowercase variant is invalid.
Hi Luke-Jr,

Hi,

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
How much does the pool owe its miners then, and what do you call that?
The payout queue can be viewed at http://eligius.st/~twmz/

Thank you, Luke-jr.
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If 1 bitcent and 1 anti-bitcent are destroyed in mutual annihilation how much energy is produced?
That's how MintChipCents are produced! Just add blood, sweat and tears to create even more! Grin
legendary
I'm surprised I'm the only one who wants to know, but what caused the charts to mess up yesterday?
Due to a minor glitch in the code I use to do manual payouts (sendmany), some addresses were over-paid. The safeguards in place in the coinbaser code kicked in and complained that those addresses' balances were taken negative, and refused to run. To get the coinbaser running again, I had to make a temporary copy of the database, and run it without that safeguard in place, updating the cache beyond the point where they were taken negative. However, when doing so, the updates created the JSON block statistics in the copied directory. Since this was missing, Artefact2's web graphs were missing the "total ever paid" information, and put the estimates at the zero-level instead. I moved the relevant file, so it now is drawing current data correctly, but unfortunately there is no easy way to modify the historical record it keeps. After that ~hour falls off the left side of the history, it should return completely to normal.

How much does the pool owe its miners then, and what do you call that?
The payout queue can be viewed at http://eligius.st/~twmz/
donator
Poor impulse control.
Are we talking about the same thing? The SMPPS buffer? Which can be negative, and unless you're using a different definition of 'balance' is as likely to be negative as positive?
Yes, and as the creator of SMPPS, I know that the buffer in fact cannot be negative by definition... Either there are funds in it, or not. There can't be anti-funds in the pool's wallet any more than there can be anti-funds in your own.

OK then. How much does the pool owe its miners then, and what do you call that?
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
I'm surprised I'm the only one who wants to know, but what caused the charts to mess up yesterday?  I happened to be looking when the lines were down really low (perhaps because all previous payout information was missing?), and the charts pretty much didn't show anything.  Even now it's hard to see detail on them and presumably will be for the rest of a week until the messed up part scrolls off the left side.  I'm just as curious regarding whether or not data is missing and/or accurate as I am regarding whether or not the charts will be fixed/normal before that part scrolls off.

ETA: I forgot the charts could be zoomed on.  I'm now far more concerned about the integrity of the stats than the issue in the charts.  Not that I'm even that concerned about the stats (mostly curious).
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
If 1 bitcent and 1 anti-bitcent are destroyed in mutual annihilation how much energy is produced?
legendary
Are we talking about the same thing? The SMPPS buffer? Which can be negative, and unless you're using a different definition of 'balance' is as likely to be negative as positive?
Yes, and as the creator of SMPPS, I know that the buffer in fact cannot be negative by definition... Either there are funds in it, or not. There can't be anti-funds in the pool's wallet any more than there can be anti-funds in your own.
donator
Poor impulse control.

How do you have a negative balance?

You should talk to my bank manager some day. He has much to say on the topic Smiley
legendary
Luke-jr, shouldn't the pool be in a negative buffer at the moment? Your stats page is showing a positive buffer. Come to think of it, it shows that you've never had a negative buffer. Bug?
There is no such thing as a negative buffer. How do you have a negative balance?
donator
Poor impulse control.
Luke-jr, shouldn't the pool be in a negative buffer at the moment? Your stats page is showing a positive buffer. Come to think of it, it shows that you've never had a negative buffer. Bug?
legendary
legendary
Hi Luke-Jr,

Hi Luke-Jr,

Jump to: