Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 172. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
  Nope, once you have completed the steps to sign that bitcoin address with your namecoin address and provided text it is 'bound' to it forever in the blockchain. Just kick the miners up again on your same address and you are good to go.

I believe this is the correct answer (you don't need to do it again), but an incorrect explanation.  Signing the required text with your bitcoin private key does not put anything in the blockchain.  It's only "forever" because Luke stores it in a database and doesn't delete it.
  Thanks, I knew he was farming the information and storing it but wasn't sure how.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
well, thx

the result is good in both cases Cheesy

Activity: 737
  Nope, once you have completed the steps to sign that bitcoin address with your namecoin address and provided text it is 'bound' to it forever in the blockchain. Just kick the miners up again on your same address and you are good to go.

I believe this is the correct answer (you don't need to do it again), but an incorrect explanation.  Signing the required text with your bitcoin private key does not put anything in the blockchain.  It's only "forever" because Luke stores it in a database and doesn't delete it.
question: i did not mine for 1 week so the worker address is no more viisble in the stat page.

when i start again with the same worker address, should i input again the namecoin address?

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
question: i did not mine for 1 week so the worker address is no more viisble in the stat page.

when i start again with the same worker address, should i input again the namecoin address?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
so basically just add your NMC address, and chill out and mine Smiley

When Luke-Jr gets back from vaca he's going to send us all big fat NMC payments
once i have set up merged mining, where can i see the nmc stats of my address?

You can't.  No one has updated the stats pages to display that data.  The original developer for the stats pages isn't around anymore and the code is open source.  If you'd like to add those stats to the page, I'm sure luke would accept a patch.
ok thanks. can i at least see my balance and/or trigger payout?

No, unfortunatly. 

It sounds like flower1024 is working on something that would presumably show your balance but it is not done.   

For payments, as Luke explained earlier in the thread, payments are entirely manual right now.  Periodically, he sends them.  Luke is on vacation right now, so no payments have been sent in a while and we all have to wait until he gets back for him to send some manual payments to catch us all up.  Luke is also re-writing the backend for the pool and part of that will be automated NMC payments, but that is also not done yet.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

You can't.  No one has updated the stats pages to display that data.  The original developer for the stats pages isn't around anymore and the code is open source.  If you'd like to add those stats to the page, I'm sure luke would accept a patch.
ok thanks. can i at least see my balance and/or trigger payout?
legendary
Activity: 1428

already working on it... but it needs time....

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Looks like the pool is back up as of an hour ago.

Thanks whoever fixed it.

Yea, poll working now!

People come back ! Grin
 I can't for the life of me get the NMC registration to work. I am sure I am messing something up.  http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/nmc-register.php

I input both my BTC and NMC addies, loaded up your custom bitcoind, sent the command bitcoind signmessage bitaddy "date: I auth, blah: nmc addy" as copy and poasted formt he site. the command window returns a 'key', I copy and paste it into Bitcoin-Signature. Then it says verification failed, blah...

Stupid me and my winblowz..  I tried it again as I was typing this. Left it here in case anyone else has the same issue.
 Seems the trouble was even though I was stretching my stupid notepad window out it was still word wrapping and chopping off the last few chars of the Sig. I finally noticed on my last try that the = was missing at the end of my paste into the form and checked the entire Sig. Sure enough, missing the last few characters that got wrapped. Even though I had copied them all, the unseen windows line char was chopping it.   Embarrassed

Cheers

So I must be really stupid...  how do you "sent the command"?

No worries m8, its not so straight forward if you are not used to working with daemons and the command prompt.

First, i assume you have the newest bitcoind?  If so, run bitcoind, it will make a black window. minimize it. Now, open a command prompt and cd(change directory) to be the same as where the bitcoind is. A shortcut to this is to create a batch file with only 'cmd' in it if on Vista or Win7 in the same directory as your bitcoind.

Following so far?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Sad two hours... I've downloaded tons of files, tried running tons of things like an idiot.... and I still can't figure out this namecoin address registering thing....

Which part are you stuck on, I will see if I can help you?  Can take it to PMs if you wish.

Thanks lots, I need sleep.  I'll try again tomorrow after work...
legendary
  I can't for the life of me get the NMC registration to work. I am sure I am messing something up.  http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/nmc-register.php

I input both my BTC and NMC addies, loaded up your custom bitcoind, sent the command bitcoind signmessage bitaddy "date: I auth, blah: nmc addy" as copy and poasted formt he site. the command window returns a 'key', I copy and paste it into Bitcoin-Signature. Then it says verification failed, blah...

Stupid me and my winblowz..  I tried it again as I was typing this. Left it here in case anyone else has the same issue.
 Seems the trouble was even though I was stretching my stupid notepad window out it was still word wrapping and chopping off the last few chars of the Sig. I finally noticed on my last try that the = was missing at the end of my paste into the form and checked the entire Sig. Sure enough, missing the last few characters that got wrapped. Even though I had copied them all, the unseen windows line char was chopping it.   Embarrassed

Cheers

So I must be really stupid...  how do you "sent the command"?
Sad two hours... I've downloaded tons of files, tried running tons of things like an idiot.... and I still can't figure out this namecoin address registering thing....

Which part are you stuck on, I will see if I can help you?  Can take it to PMs if you wish.
legendary
twmz: how do you like mining at eclipse?

It's good. It's my backup to Eligius.  They have merged mining, a reasonable payment scheme (DGS), and good performance (low stale rate).
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

Thanks whoever fixed it.

I remembered he posted his google talk ID a while back and contacted him there today, and told him what happened - thanks again Luke-Jr
Thanks whoever fixed it.

Luke made it online and got it back up— unfortunately he's suffered a laptop failure while on his trip.
I can verify my miners are able to connect here. And ouch that sucks about the laptop. Hopefully this is not affecting his trip too much.....
Jump to: