Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 169. (Read 458255 times)

donator
Activity: 229
Merit: 106
It means you have 8.59040062 NMC balance
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

OK. But what does a balance of 859040062 mean for example etc. Is NMC threshold still 46 NMC ?
Where can one see expected NMC reward ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Strange.... I just received an amount of BTC... Usually the payout is generated BTC.
Manual payout from the buffer to reduce delayed payouts from the long blocks.

Is this the auto NMC-BTC exchange feature?
There is no such feature.
Thanks for clarification.

As for the NMC-BTC feature, i misread some of the posts here.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Strange.... I just received an amount of BTC... Usually the payout is generated BTC.
Manual payout from the buffer to reduce delayed payouts from the long blocks.

There is no such feature.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yes, Eligius is quite revolutionary and I really like the no account registration needed system !
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Awesome.  Well then since slush is down, you'll be getting all 2.4gh Smiley

Thanks for the help!
legendary
I mined with your pool for about 8 hours @ about 1.4 gh (about half my farm) and I don't see my address in the payout queue at all.

1DWKhM6ggVcv6Y6tpe9GABFQLWUjtPtcos

It's a little worrisome.
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/5/1DWKhM6ggVcv6Y6tpe9GABFQLWUjtPtcos
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I mined with your pool for about 8 hours @ about 1.4 gh (about half my farm) and I don't see my address in the payout queue at all.

1DWKhM6ggVcv6Y6tpe9GABFQLWUjtPtcos

It's a little worrisome.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
After using eligius I really dont understand why any pool uses a registration system at all. It seems silly, unnecessary and insecure.
donator

Thanks for your clarification. So we had bad luck string and the buffer turned to negative? Do we have pool stats page similar to Ars?

Find one of my long explanations earlier in this thread.  I had a long day and am too tired to type a detailed explanation again.  In a nutshell, it's not the SMPPS buffer (which is very positive).  It's a payment backlog (unrelated to SMPPS and its buffer).  Payment backlogs and negative SMPPS buffers are separate and independent delay-causing-issues.

Or just choose to not care why and instead just accept the fact that that with Eligius you'll get paid less frequently (usually ever 2-4 days instead of every day), but the payments will be proportionally larger and equal to what you would have gotten paid in the same time frame had payments been more frequent..

I had a nice long explanation full of smart ass comments typed up but twmz said it better then I could.

Just know that it's one of the quirks of the payout system, it's also susceptible to luck. During bad luck, the payout queue piles up and then clears out during good luck.

This is most noticeable for the bigger miners. If it takes you over a week to earn .67 BTC, then you usually get payed when the next block is found but if you get there in an hour, your payout must wait until it's one of the oldest balances due.

Lucky for you, I have an easy solution: Set a couple of your GPUs to mine for my address, that way I'll wait a longer to get payed and you'll wait less. Sound good?  Wink

Thanks for detail explanation from you guys. My intention is to monitor daily production output by my rigs. Previously, I mined at ABC which is instant payout but without merged-mining. Another advantage of Eligius is the simple worker system. This morning, my account at ABC was hacked and lost about 2 BTC. I will switch half of my rigs to Eligius and another half to Ars because I like its detail pool stats page.
Can I still registed for NMC ?
Yes, but it won't be applied retroactively anymore. ie, you need to register before you can earn any NMC.

So what happened before ? Did you share out the MM profits during testing ? Please clarify as I did not understand. Thank you !

It doesn't matter because you missed the deadline but....

Merged mining was enabled.
Luke asked people to signup if they wanted to get paid NMC.
If you signed up by the deadline you got all NMC from the moment it was enabled.
If you sign up after the deadline you get all forward NMC revenue.

Thanks for the explanation.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Thanks for your clarification. So we had bad luck string and the buffer turned to negative? Do we have pool stats page similar to Ars?

Find one of my long explanations earlier in this thread.  I had a long day and am too tired to type a detailed explanation again.  In a nutshell, it's not the SMPPS buffer (which is very positive).  It's a payment backlog (unrelated to SMPPS and its buffer).  Payment backlogs and negative SMPPS buffers are separate and independent delay-causing-issues.

Or just choose to not care why and instead just accept the fact that that with Eligius you'll get paid less frequently (usually ever 2-4 days instead of every day), but the payments will be proportionally larger and equal to what you would have gotten paid in the same time frame had payments been more frequent..

I had a nice long explanation full of smart ass comments typed up but twmz said it better then I could.

Just know that it's one of the quirks of the payout system, it's also susceptible to luck. During bad luck, the payout queue piles up and then clears out during good luck.

This is most noticeable for the bigger miners. If it takes you over a week to earn .67 BTC, then you usually get payed when the next block is found but if you get there in an hour, your payout must wait until it's one of the oldest balances due.

Lucky for you, I have an easy solution: Set a couple of your GPUs to mine for my address, that way I'll wait a longer to get payed and you'll wait less. Sound good?  Wink
Activity: 737

Actually, it's more specific to the payment queue process and the fact that payments are via generate transactions and not just the fact that the pool is SMPPS.

chunglam, you're probably just in the queue to be paid.  The pool recently had a string of bad luck and so there was a longer than normal payment backlog (it was up to 4+ days at one point), but it is back down to about 3 days currently thanks to a couple recent short rounds:

See:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Payment_Queue
http://eligius.st/~twmz/

legendary
So we had bad luck string and the buffer turned to negative? Do we have pool stats page similar to Ars?
Buffer is nowhere close to negative.
donator

Actually, it's more specific to the payment queue process and the fact that payments are via generate transactions and not just the fact that the pool is SMPPS.

chunglam, you're probably just in the queue to be paid.  The pool recently had a string of bad luck and so there was a longer than normal payment backlog (it was up to 4+ days at one point), but it is back down to about 3 days currently thanks to a couple recent short rounds:

See:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Payment_Queue
http://eligius.st/~twmz/

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Yes, but it won't be applied retroactively anymore. ie, you need to register before you can earn any NMC.

So what happened before ? Did you share out the MM profits during testing ? Please clarify as I did not understand. Thank you !

It doesn't matter because you missed the deadline but....

Merged mining was enabled.
Luke asked people to signup if they wanted to get paid NMC.
If you signed up by the deadline you got all NMC from the moment it was enabled.
If you sign up after the deadline you get all forward NMC revenue.

Jump to: