Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 196. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I've been dipping my feet in to test the waters at this pool but am getting ~80% invalid/stale shares. I don't have this problem anywhere else, is there something I can do to correct this?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I had a fairly large "Unpaid Reward" (2-3 BTC) on Ti/3 and I'm still waiting for it to be generated. An ETA would be nice to put my mind at ease.

Same, i also have open unpaid rewards.
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23768.msg343487#msg343487
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I had a fairly large "Unpaid Reward" (2-3 BTC) on Ti/3 and I'm still waiting for it to be generated. An ETA would be nice to put my mind at ease.

Same, i also have open unpaid rewards.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
Eligius works great for me. I connect to mining.eligius.st so that I automatically get redirected to the current pool, and I simultaneously run poclbm on my local bitcoind for solo mining.

That way, pool and solo mining get about 50% of the hashes each. But when Eligius is down, all of the hashes go to solo mining. Nothing is lost.

At my hash rate, a solo block is only going to come every year or so. But pooled mining will take a year or so to get 50 coins too, so that's OK.
legendary
eligius is frustation. sorry but for now it looks like we will not return for quite some time. last payout was .4btc for several days of 1.3Gh/s. the interface was somewhat broken but as our monitoring showed the work was up and running, we didn't care much about eligius' reporting tools being offline. much trust to earn at this side Sad i liked the concept.
Sorry, but Eligius has been noted as experimental from day 1, and the hardware issues made known as soon as we figured out what was going on, along with a recommendation to have a failover setup if you chose to continue mining on the failing hardware. Terrible luck as Ti had throughout this is also an unavoidable risk of mining.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Yeah I've been through 3 server migrations so far and it sucks lol, I guess experimental and stability don't go together but it looks like progress is being made.
legendary
I assume that balances from 3 or Ti are yet to be paid? Just checking. I got both my US and EU balances, so I have faith. If they have been sent, I guess I need to take a second look at my received. Thank you!
Ti is still up on ghost.mining.eligius.st probably until Monday. There's a guy on IRC who has a bunch of supercomputer CPU miners that overloaded EU, and I want him to test on Ti to see how well the new software can handle it before unleashing it on Su. Once it's shutdown and the final block has 120 confirmations, I'll be sending any remaining balances via the usual sendmany.
Activity: 26
I assume that balances from 3 or Ti are yet to be paid? Just checking. I got both my US and EU balances, so I have faith. If they have been sent, I guess I need to take a second look at my received. Thank you!
Activity: 56
[Recalled] - found stats page, etc.
Activity: 18
Same here, it's the stability that concerns me the most.  Hopefully this new server will be happy for the days to come.
Activity: 308
I still having faith and love for this pool, however, i'm frustrated about its inestability, which workers hate.
legendary
I just deleted all of Eligius-Ti's DNS entries, following it finding a block. If you really want to keep mining on Ti, you must use ghost.mining.eligius.st-- but don't do that unless you have a lot of hashpower and are prepared to lose all the work if it crashes! Everyone should be on Eligius-Su now.

There has been some trouble with the new bitcoind, so please call me (whois eligi.us) IM me (luke ... dashjr.org) if any of the following occur:
  • Pool isn't responding to work
  • No longpolls notices even when the Bitcoin network has new blocks
  • Estimates stop increasing as you get more shares

On the other hand, the new bitcoind has some improvements, including aggressive connecting to other nodes on the network which should hopefully eliminate invalid blocks.

If anyone would like to help work out these bugs, please meet me on IRC.
Activity: 11
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar.  I managed to use your instructions and I can now mine any pool over any port I feel like behind a rather restrictive firewall.

Glad that I could help.  Some people might use this to mine behind firewalls or, at their own peril, on business machines.  As Luke stated, port 80 works as well.  I still have the intermittent problems if I try port 80 so I'm sticking to my solution for the time being.

I really want to see this pool succeed.  I somewhat dislike proportional pools because they are quite easy for pool-hoppers to take advantage of.  I showed a few friends 'the light' this evening and they are moving their 2GH/s rigs over from btcguild for a few days to see how it pans out.  Hopefully they will stick around.  The more power, the better!
Activity: 308
legendary
We seem to be over the migration successfully. Eligius-Ti (aka Eligius-3) will be shutting down within the next 48 hours (possibly 24 hours) and given the usual sendmany payout. Please migrate your miners to Eligius-Su at your convenience (though if you choose to hold out for one last block on Ti, feel free). All DNS names are now pointed to Su except for Ti-specific names (s3, srv3, ti, cyan, 3). Once again, the recommended domain for mining is mining.eligius.st, and there is also test.mining.eligius.st if you prefer the most-experimental pool in the future.

Due to moving DB engines, all stats are now only available for the new Eligius-Su pool except for my raw JSON data.

If you have any trouble, please let us know on IRC!
Activity: 55
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar.  I managed to use your instructions and I can now mine any pool over any port I feel like behind a rather restrictive firewall.
Do note that port 80 works on Eligius Wink

Got to give credit where credit is due! No more long-pool errors while connected to eligius over port 80!  Thanks Luuke Jr!!  Grin
legendary
Do note that port 80 works on Eligius Wink
Activity: 55
btw,

if anyone else is experiencing network wonkiness trying to connect to eligius, you might want to consider a proxy.  if you have servers at one site that are connecting reliably and another site that is failing to connect to mining.eligius.st even though ping works, you can try setting up an ssh tunnel to eligius through your working hosts.  this has helped a few individuals and I have no idea what is going on from a network perspective on the server end.

if you do not have a remote host that is working, and you are experiencing connectivity issues and you are sure that the pool is up (according to the website), you can try doing what I did...

Install Tor, get it running, say, on the default port 9050... then fire off socat like this in another terminal:
socat TCP4-LISTEN:8399,fork SOCKS4A:localhost:mining.eligius.st:8337,socksport=9050

once socat is up (there will not be output to the console), simply direct your miners to localhost:8399 and you should get in without problems.  I have been running like this for several hours now and have seen zero negative impact to hashrate or invalid counts.  This has completely eliminated my issue of idle miners.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Firstbits: 1yetiax
Depends on the transactions that are to be included in the block. These are transaction fees that Bitcoin users pay, i.e. the pool receives them and pays them to miners.
Jump to: