Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 194. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 737
Merit: 500
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
your pool is big.

But i can;t find the link of blocks statistics.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
In addition, the Linux networking stack has been randomly choosing machines it doesn't allow to connect--  we get the SYN packet fine, but Linux silently discards it without passing it to pushpoold.
Turns out this is a known issue when net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle and NAT are combined. I have disabled it on the pool server, so it should be resolved now. Much thanks to mobiusl and everyone else who helped troubleshoot!

Are the NAT issues something that explains why I had connection problems when I was connected over VPN (which I assume uses NAT rather than giving everyone a unique IP at the exit), or is it just something related to the server/hosting setup?
It could be. The problem as I understand it, is that your miners are sending relative-to-an-unknown-value timestamps in the packets, and tcp_tw_recycle ignores ones with timestamps going backward in time (or something like that). So minerA and minerB have different relative-timestamps, but the earlier of the two gets ignored because of the later's packets...
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
In addition, the Linux networking stack has been randomly choosing machines it doesn't allow to connect--  we get the SYN packet fine, but Linux silently discards it without passing it to pushpoold.
Turns out this is a known issue when net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle and NAT are combined. I have disabled it on the pool server, so it should be resolved now. Much thanks to mobiusl and everyone else who helped troubleshoot!

Are the NAT issues something that explains why I had connection problems when I was connected over VPN (which I assume uses NAT rather than giving everyone a unique IP at the exit), or is it just something related to the server/hosting setup?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Firstbits: 1yetiax
Any idea why the pool has missed its chance to pay me on the last three blocks?
Payouts are processed 50 BTC (+ txn fees) at a time, choosing the addresses which have been waiting the longest first. Since our last 3 blocks were rather long, the pool rewarded over 50 BTC per block, and there's a bit of a backlog. When we get to short blocks, it will catch up again.
should have done PPLNS, and not listened to polls  Tongue
Why? Seems to work out great now, server funds of over 500 BTC. That should last for a really long dry round of 70 hours! Wink

I was with Eligius from the start of my mining career, only tried out BTC Guild during the instable period, but now I'm back and staying.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Switched back to Eligius last night, and it has been SOLID! I noticed the stats page is off again, which is a bit of a bummer, but I'm still loving this pool. When the stats are working, it is really nice to be able to check my stats without logging in with my complicated-as-hell passwords.
I absolutely love the stats page.
Activity: 658
Any idea why the pool has missed its chance to pay me on the last three blocks?
Payouts are processed 50 BTC (+ txn fees) at a time, choosing the addresses which have been waiting the longest first. Since our last 3 blocks were rather long, the pool rewarded over 50 BTC per block, and there's a bit of a backlog. When we get to short blocks, it will catch up again.
should have done PPLNS, and not listened to polls  Tongue
legendary

Also, I shutdown Eligius-Ti (formerly 3) last night, and its final payout went out this morning as a sendmany.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I assume that balances from 3 or Ti are yet to be paid? Just checking. I got both my US and EU balances, so I have faith. If they have been sent, I guess I need to take a second look at my received. Thank you!
Ti is still up on ghost.mining.eligius.st probably until Monday. There's a guy on IRC who has a bunch of supercomputer CPU miners that overloaded EU, and I want him to test on Ti to see how well the new software can handle it before unleashing it on Su. Once it's shutdown and the final block has 120 confirmations, I'll be sending any remaining balances via the usual sendmany.

Received my balance from Ti today. Thank you Luke-jr!
Activity: 566
Luke-Jr, you may want to update your first post and remove that generations dont work at Mt Gox.
Though with such a low hashrate, is this a good pool for me?  Huh

Depends on your patience. It should take you about 6 days to get to over the threshold and get in line for payment at the current difficulty. But other than that, I think it would work well for you. With large proportional/score based pools there's a number of rounds that last only a few minutes, and with a low hashrate you risk getting only a few or even no shares at all into those rounds.
MagicalTux has confirmed that the new MtGox wallet addresses do correctly support generated transactions, so it should work with Eligius.

awesome!

now to change my wallet on my miners... lol. i'll take the awesomeness. i have a bot that buys and sells coins for me so having it go directly to the gox is a big time saver (and fee saver!).
Though with such a low hashrate, is this a good pool for me?  Huh
It's gonna take me a while to mine 1 BTC but now pointing my 110 mhash your way. Smiley
Speaking of wallets... I've had to -rescan my wallet twice to find generated transactions in the last week. Maybe not directly Eligius related more than the pool being the only source of such transactions, but maybe someone else has encountered the same problem and knows what the cause might be.

First time was with .23 on Windows, but I don't remember if the second one was before or after I updated to .24
legendary
MagicalTux has confirmed that the new MtGox wallet addresses do correctly support generated transactions, so it should work with Eligius.
Activity: 634
What's the recommended wallet system with the pool if Mt.Gox doesn't work?
Using anything other than a standard Bitcoin wallet that is run on your own computer is risky. Eligius pays out via Generated transactions. These are not the normal "hey, I'll send you some Bitcoins" transactions.

i had no issue with another pool putting my payouts to my mtgox address, but then again i was making about 20 deposits a day for 3 weeks. I'd hate to find out the hard way it doesnt work after a certain time.
Most other pools Generate the coins and then send them to you in a "normal" transaction. Eligius skips this step and has your address Generate the coins directly.
In fact, I am very curious if using any type of "online" wallet (mtgox or other) would even work with Eligius' Generated transactions..
If anyone is doing this successfully please let me know.
MtGox doesn't have wallet addresses, it has one-time deposit addresses that are good for a single transaction within 24 hours. Assuming it works correctly with generated coins at all, you would have to time your address changes very carefully and even then you'd be losing some fraction of payouts... Any standard real wallet should work. So long as you have access to the private keys, you can rest pretty safe. I don't know of any web-wallet service that works correctly with generated coins yet.

i had no issue with another pool putting my payouts to my mtgox address, but then again i was making about 20 deposits a day for 3 weeks. I'd hate to find out the hard way it doesnt work after a certain time.

again, i love your pool. now to get more people!
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
I'm going to give InstaWallet a shot and see if I get a return after this round. If so, all good. I've got 1.35ghash in the pool to test.
Jump to: