Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 43. (Read 458207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Daily.  Including just now.

Can we get some kind of minimal NMC stats, like a list of payouts?

Its on the TODO list, but its not a priority.

More important to get more BTC-related stats and features working, IMO.  NMC stuff just works.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Luke-Jr, any idea if/when the Hashfast Micro boards will be back in stock?
Hashbuster, not HashFast!
But no, I have no idea when/if they will produce more.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Daily.  Including just now.

Can we get some kind of minimal NMC stats, like a list of payouts?
legendary
Daily.  Including just now.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Has NMC been paid out recently? I havent received mine since Dec 13th
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Hi Eligius Miners,

Always seems to be a catastrophe whenever I'm busy IRL. This week has been more hectic than I figured for the holiday. Sad

Anyway, long story short, a disk in a RAID array on the main database server failed.  For some reason this slowed down the database enough to get a backlog of share inserts. (I'll be investigating this further.) Fail-over database actually failed under the pressure since it hasn't been upgraded enough since our recent growth due to lack of time to do so. (I'll try to make time for this soon.)

There was enough RAM on the primary and backup servers to hold the backlog for a while, but, I took the pool offline as a precaution to make sure no accepted shares were at risk of being lost while the bad drive was replaced and the RAID array resync'd.  The data center responded and had the drive replaced in under 5 minutes while I was on the line with them, so, kudos.

Looks like when I took Eligius offline a good chunk of miners failed over to Bitminter, and they were knocked offline momentarily, presumably due to the influx of new connections (over 100Th worth).  Sorry Bitminter! Sad  I still recommend Bitminter as fail-over in any case.

Everything is back up and running with the new drive fully synced, and every share that was accepted is accounted for and in the CPPSRB share log.  We even found a block within minutes of the pool coming back online! Smiley

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

-wk

Edit: Upon further inspection, it looks like the first system to be affected was the stats-side database replication.  About an hour of stats data isn't replicated to the stats server.  I'll work on manually importing that data later.  The core side has this data (for payouts/accounting purposes), so, nothing to really worry about.

Thanks for the quick response.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Luke-Jr, any idea if/when the Hashfast Micro boards will be back in stock?
legendary
Hi Eligius Miners,

Always seems to be a catastrophe whenever I'm busy IRL. This week has been more hectic than I figured for the holiday. Sad

Anyway, long story short, a disk in a RAID array on the main database server failed.  For some reason this slowed down the database enough to get a backlog of share inserts. (I'll be investigating this further.) Fail-over database actually failed under the pressure since it hasn't been upgraded enough since our recent growth due to lack of time to do so. (I'll try to make time for this soon.)

There was enough RAM on the primary and backup servers to hold the backlog for a while, but, I took the pool offline as a precaution to make sure no accepted shares were at risk of being lost while the bad drive was replaced and the RAID array resync'd.  The data center responded and had the drive replaced in under 5 minutes while I was on the line with them, so, kudos.

Looks like when I took Eligius offline a good chunk of miners failed over to Bitminter, and they were knocked offline momentarily, presumably due to the influx of new connections (over 100Th worth).  Sorry Bitminter! Sad  I still recommend Bitminter as fail-over in any case.

Everything is back up and running with the new drive fully synced, and every share that was accepted is accounted for and in the CPPSRB share log.  We even found a block within minutes of the pool coming back online! Smiley

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

-wk

Edit: Upon further inspection, it looks like the first system to be affected was the stats-side database replication.  About an hour of stats data isn't replicated to the stats server.  I'll work on manually importing that data later.  The core side has this data (for payouts/accounting purposes), so, nothing to really worry about.
Activity: 266
SERVER DOWN FOR EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE
edit:
we are on now Smiley
Activity: 447
Same here.  All of my miners went to my backup pool.  My new Antminers started beeping like hell when they lost connection to Eligius before the autoswitched to the backup pool.

I wish I had an app that would warn me that connection was lost to the current pool for my windows based miners.
What the hell is fail safe mode?

Cant they be more details?
Activity: 266
we are down

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 280
Merit: 261
New In Town...
So, now my backup pool is down.  Kinda crazy.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
mining is down for me too.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Down from here, using backup pool
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Activity: 280
Merit: 261
New In Town...
Where'd everyone go?

Hashrate:   0.00 kh/s   Round Time:   2:31:18
Round Shares:   1762719920   Round Luck:   67%
Activity: 447
Payout queues are dorked again.  One of my miners is half again over its auto payout level.  Been sitting in the queue for over 8 hours now.

Mining is still good though.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Stats just updated, all looks good..
Pages:
Jump to: