Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 39. (Read 458284 times)

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Can someone help me understand how and when nmc payouts are made?

Thanks,
James
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hi Luke Jr and all eligius miners!
We've got a review of your mining pool on BitcoinSites.Org: http://bitcoinsites.org/eligius-st/
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Wow a 10 9.6 billion plus block running for 8.5+ hours!!! Guess this will happen more and more often.
Yeah, I saw that Eligus had a block that they chewed on for two *days*. This will start to make payouts less... predictable.

Ah well. Oddly enough difficulty has been crashingly stable these past few days, wonder what's going on.

C

Its to be expected. 

Most of the very long rounds Eligius has had in the past were back when we were only 1% or so of the network.  We're currently about 13% of the network now, which makes variance much much lower.  If we had a 1 day block right now, it's almost certain that something would be broken to cause it since that is pretty crazy bad luck with 13% of the network.

I think 8-10 hours would be the extreme high end of block times.  Average right now is only 1 hour 14 minutes between Eligius blocks.

-----

Is anybody else having trouble getting to the main Eligius and user stats pages?  I see from my miners that they are still hashing away on the pool, but I can't get to the Eligius pages.

Everything seems fine all around.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Is anybody else having trouble getting to the main Eligius and user stats pages?  I see from my miners that they are still hashing away on the pool, but I can't get to the Eligius pages.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Wow a 10 9.6 billion plus block running for 8.5+ hours!!! Guess this will happen more and more often.
Yeah, I saw that Eligus had a block that they chewed on for two *days*. This will start to make payouts less... predictable.

Ah well. Oddly enough difficulty has been crashingly stable these past few days, wonder what's going on.

C
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
My reward balance calculation seems to be stuck since some blocks. Anyone else with this issue?

Hashrate calculation works.
Something ain't right  Shocked
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
My reward balance calculation seems to be stuck since some blocks. Anyone else with this issue?

Hashrate calculation works.
legendary
WK, it looks like we're safe again.

Payout queue is showing :-

"AUTO-NOTICE: The CPPSRB reward system appears to be in fail-safe mode.
Some stats are likely not updating as they should right now (128/256 second hash rates, balanaces, balance graph, payout queue). These items will correct themselves soon when CPPSRB is out of fail safe mode. This can take several hours. No earnings are lost as long as your shares are accepted! Sorry for the inconvenience!"

It fixed itself.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
WK, it looks like we're safe again.

Payout queue is showing :-

"AUTO-NOTICE: The CPPSRB reward system appears to be in fail-safe mode.
Some stats are likely not updating as they should right now (128/256 second hash rates, balanaces, balance graph, payout queue). These items will correct themselves soon when CPPSRB is out of fail safe mode. This can take several hours. No earnings are lost as long as your shares are accepted! Sorry for the inconvenience!"

legendary
What is the status with Namecoin merged mining?  The last deposit to my wallet was December 11, and I checked another Eligius miner's account and saw that their last deposit was also that date, so it looks like deposits have been stopped for almost a month.  

Thanks!

That would be incorrect.  The last namecoin payout was approximately 5 hours ago.  Txid b250174ad7df23fb652788443fc282299ea84a655dd72421c447d1f2100b3623

Edit: It looks like explorer.dot-bit.org is broken.  It has this transaction, and other namecoin payouts, but does not show them all when looking by address.  Seems to be related to the namecoin hard fork that happened at about that time (about a month ago).  They should probably fix that.

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
What is the status with Namecoin merged mining?  The last deposit to my wallet was December 11, and I checked another Eligius miner's account and saw that their last deposit was also that date, so it looks like deposits have been stopped for almost a month. 

Thanks!
legendary
Hey wk, I'd like to send a few mBTC to help defray the costs to you of this double-payout snafu. Which address should I send them to?

1StatsQytc7UEZ9sHJ9BGX2csmkj8XZr2 works.  I had transferred the amount of the overage from my Eligius_Stats_Donations local account to the funds used for the last manual payout to cover the overage, so, donations here would just help recover that directly. Thanks.

The total overage as of right now is down to 0.86474211 BTC.  Fortunately a lost of shelved shares were paid from recent lucky rounds, and some people who were overpaid (and left the pool or otherwise tried to cheat) had enough shelved shares paid to cover a good chunk of the the overage.  There are only 9 addresses remaining with outstanding overpaid balances.

Someone with > 1Th who was overpaid blatantly just switched to a new address after my announcement.  I blocked their payouts to their new address until their old one was paid (it is now).

One miner who left immediately after the over-payment seemed to leak some hashes back to the pool, reducing their over-payment between now and then by about 80%.

Since the data is available through the API anyway, I might as well just point out the addresses of those who have overages that are unresolved and have stopped mining.

The majority of these addresses have had 100% of their submitted shares paid, so, no more shelved shares that could be paid and put towards the overage. 

There are a few more addresses with overages (slower miners who just happened to make it to the payout queue when this happened, but, they are still actively mining and I appreciate it).

Thanks to those who continued to mine to cover the overage and to those who have donated what they can to help cover my mistake.  Again, I apologize for the confusion and the error.

Happy mining!

-wk
Activity: 818
Hey wk, I'd like to send a few mBTC to help defray the costs to you of this double-payout snafu. Which address should I send them to?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
wow, great luck lately, paying off shares that got capped months ago.

how do you know it was months ago? or have you stoped mining?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
wow, great luck lately, paying off shares that got capped months ago.
legendary
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i try to connect to my eligus account one namecoins adress but i can not

how i can do it
for minig namecoins??

Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!
Community contributed instructions for using Bitcoin-qt are here: http://eligius.st/~capa66/utl/my_eligius/index.html

You yourself linked to the page describing how to do this: http://eligius.st/~capa66/utl/my_eligius/index.html
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i try to connect to my eligus account one namecoins adress but i can not

how i can do it
for minig namecoins??

Signature fails!
You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!
Community contributed instructions for using Bitcoin-qt are here: http://eligius.st/~capa66/utl/my_eligius/index.html
Pages:
Jump to: