Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 38. (Read 458160 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Are the October Jupiters affected by this problem?

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

Thanks for your hardwork and efforts wk,

For your information, your dev patch for Nov Jupiter is already almost as perfect as it can be. It's even better than any KnC firmwares they have churn out so far, and even better than your own dedicated KnC server. They should really hire you as their staff. Hehe!

Where this patch can be found?

I found this from another KnC thread. This is the link to the file posted by wk himself :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4229913 (post #235)

If you are wondering how to apply it to the Nov Jupiter, you need to have access to SSH and enter the following command :

Code:
wget http://vpn.wizkid057.com/nas/cgminer-binary-wizdev20131222
chmod +x cgminer-binary-wizdev20131222
screen -dm ./cgminer-binary-wizdev20131222 -c /config/cgminer.conf
screen -d -r

To restore, just reboot your machine or reflash stock KnC firmware. You will know it's working if you see the CGminer version is upgraded to 3.8.5 which is provided by wk patch.
Stock 0.99E run 3.8.1, and the newer 0.99.1E runs 3.9.0. I find his patch perform better on the stock 0.99E firmware.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM

For your information, your dev patch for Nov Jupiter is already almost as perfect as it can be. It's even better than any KnC firmwares they have churn out so far, and even better than your own dedicated KnC server. They should really hire you as their staff. Hehe!

Where this patch can be found?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Better reply now that I'm home.

Figures right after I catch up the payout queue a failsafe happens and puts it behind again. *sigh*  I'll try to do another tonight.  I like it cleaned up!

Anyhow, sorry for the confusion.  I've been trying to make it so that the stats maintain most of their functionality regardless of the status of the reward system code.  Seems I have a few kinks to work out on that front still.

I'm rebuilding the share log for the past half-day to make sure everything is correct.  I don't foresee any issues, but, you never know.  This is expected to take roughly 90-120 minutes, at which point the stats should automatically start updating again.

As always, all shares are accounted for.  The pool will not accept shares if they can't be stored and tallied, so, regardless of the status of the stats pages, if the pool accepts your shares then all is well and you will be paid as you should be for those shares.  Eligius is setup to be very redundant in this manner.

Thanks for mining!

-wk

Before applying this fix at stock KnC .99E firmware. I'm getting only 670GH/S hardware side, and coupled with 8-10% HW error, poolside hashrate always ended up around 600+ GH/S only.

Now with the same firmware, main pool (not KnC) but with your "temporary" fix, i get 690GH/S at hardware side, and although with the higher HW Reject of almost 2%, the HW Error itself is almost negligbile (~0.05%). Therefore with a total combination error of 2% (WU: 9530 stable), the pool side hash rate (12 hrs average) is amazingly stable at 675+ GH/S (690GH/S-2%) . What more can i ask for? Now, if only the rejects can be eliminated Tongue

http://s17.postimg.org/5gotykwi3/Untitled.jpg

I have never even gotten anywhere close to 690GH/S  hardware side at any other mining pool before. Most i'm getting is about 680GH/S (as shown in cgminer), and with the relatively same HW error of 1.5%, the poolside hashrate always ended up below 670GH/S no matter what i do.

I'm curious on what magic did you put into place to have the hardware running at 690GH/S when all other pools fails to do so? I'm pretty sure it's not a false indication because the pool side hashrate is reflecting the correct net hashrate after 2% deduction. I really don't think you can squeeze anything more out of this, can you? 2% HW is already considered low, unless you can bring it down further to 1% while keeping the 690GH/S as shown on cgminer Wink

You are not obligated to provide a any fix for KnC and yet you did. Keep up the good job!
Activity: 742
fuck eligius why stop SERVER 2

i lost 1 day of shares

You didn't setup a backup pool? Really? Rookie mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Better reply now that I'm home.

Figures right after I catch up the payout queue a failsafe happens and puts it behind again. *sigh*  I'll try to do another tonight.  I like it cleaned up!

Anyhow, sorry for the confusion.  I've been trying to make it so that the stats maintain most of their functionality regardless of the status of the reward system code.  Seems I have a few kinks to work out on that front still.

I'm rebuilding the share log for the past half-day to make sure everything is correct.  I don't foresee any issues, but, you never know.  This is expected to take roughly 90-120 minutes, at which point the stats should automatically start updating again.

As always, all shares are accounted for.  The pool will not accept shares if they can't be stored and tallied, so, regardless of the status of the stats pages, if the pool accepts your shares then all is well and you will be paid as you should be for those shares.  Eligius is setup to be very redundant in this manner.

Thanks for mining!

-wk

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Can someone help me understand how and when nmc payouts are made?

Thanks,
James

Roughly daily.

As for the dev server for KnC workaround it is still up on stratum.mining.eligius.st:12234 ... v2 is having some connetivity issues.  Main stratum host is more redundant.

I'm still working on the KnC firmware fix.

Also, I'm aware that some stats are broken right now ( otably payout queue and possibly balance listings).  Pool is running normally. However I'm at the office and won't be back until about 4pm ET. I unfortunately left my physical devices needed to access Eligius servers (security) remotely at home this morning by accident, so I can't fix it from here today.

As always,  stats and pool are separate.  No earnings lost.

Thanks for mining!

-
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Looks like dedicated server for KNC november Jupiter is down (stratum+tcp://v2.srv.eligius.st:12234). Where all KNC miners with cgminer bug should be mining then? For now I switched to different pool.

Yeah I hope its back up soon. I am trying out slush at the moment seems to be working ok. I used to use ghash when eligius was down but who knows what is going on with them over this 51% uproar at the moment so I figure I'll just stay away.

i lost 1 day of shares

Thats unfortunate buddy, it will be back up soon hopefully. Just remember to be vigilant checking stats and this thread and knc thread I luckily caught it in about the first 30 mins

Edit: also dont forget backup pool
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Activity: 440
Merit: 250

i lost 1 day of shares
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Activity: 327
How do I set my Diff? I know the pools is supposed to auto adjust diff but it does not work for my Bitfury machine. I need to be able to stick it at 512 and it appears that the feature is disabled at the moment.
j03
Activity: 62
Seems the payout system is in need of repair. Over 18 coins per block are being paid to the eligius offline wallet rather than to miners for at least the last three blocks.

It's nice to have you here Giga. Stick around homie.
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Looks like dedicated server for KNC november Jupiter is down (stratum+tcp://v2.srv.eligius.st:12234). Where all KNC miners with cgminer bug should be mining then? For now I switched to different pool.
Activity: 302
Just noticed a recent payout I have is queued up 9 blocks deep.

It looks like a bunch of payouts to 1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX didn't go through the last couple of days and so now they are bogarting the payment queue (maybe justifiably so) ? Anyone know what is going on?
Activity: 109
Anyone elses stats not registering?

22.5 minutes   0.00 kh/s   0
256 seconds   0.00 kh/s   0
128 seconds   0.00 kh/s   0

Edit: Had both my miners on v2.srv.eligius.st:12234 switched one to stratum it seems to have fixed it. v2.srv.eligius.st must be down?
vip
Seems the payout system is in need of repair. Over 18 coins per block are being paid to the eligius offline wallet rather than to miners for at least the last three blocks.
vip
Namecoins payments are mostly paid on a daily basis

Thanks.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Can someone help me understand how and when nmc payouts are made?

Thanks,
James
this is how I have it setup

downloaded namecoin wallet and copied namecoin wallet address in eligius configurable options into NMC Merged Mining Addr: text box, and then you have to sign configurable options with bitcoin wallet address (used at eligius) in signature text box and submit changes, I use Bitcoin-qt wallet to sign address that I use at eligius.

Namecoins payments are mostly paid on a daily basis
Activity: 440
wizkid057 any news about cgminer kncminer ? thanks
Pages:
Jump to: