Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 121. (Read 163654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
September 19, 2015, 11:51:57 AM
I can't find a blockexplorer in the OP.

The block explorer is taken down as its innacurate and we will be on Presstab's block explorer soon. Best block explorer there is.

Vegas

fly.presstab.pw will be up and running some time today if all goes well.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
September 19, 2015, 11:47:02 AM
Thx for the Info. Pool closed / stopped. A few pages before i was informed that it is just a non mandatory update...
After you had posted, it was found that the random rewards were coded a little incorrectly and produced a 700k SuperBlock (5 times the current supply) so the markets were halted and now the Blockchain will be rolled back and a fix put in.

Actually had nothing to do with the superblock rewards, problem was with the reward code from COL2 that this coin was cloned from. Compiling new wallet now and everything will be ready in a few moments.

Edit: Crest I remember you telling me that the CON reward code wasn't supposed to hit the 30 reward cap each time when you made the fork, but for some reason it always did. I think this is that same miscode coming back to haunt (I assume COL2 was cloned from CON?).

Yes it was cloned from CON so that would be the case, I would be interested to see what it was exactly that caused that.

I have noticed that somewhere between the early Novacoin clones (CAP, HBN, TEK, HYP, etc) and the newer brand of PoS clones, that the GetCoinAge function changed, and consequently requires the reward code to add an extra division by 'COIN'. The source we were working on had this newer coinage calculation but the older way of calculating the reward without the extra COIN division. I should have caught this error, as I first noticed this change when I forked the XRA rewards. But I didn't notice it, and here we are. Luckily the block was minted by iDunk, and vegas was fast to notify yobit and the thread here. All in all, no damage done and we should be up and running.

Well it was really impressive how quickly it was caught and resolved.

I had an interesting thought though, could it be possible to have a certain amount being generated on top of the Stake rewards to a specific address every so many Blocks as a provision for funding?

Im curious. Funding for what cause?

promo, websites, mobile but I guess that may also crash the price if misused as well.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
September 19, 2015, 11:45:45 AM

The block explorer is taken down as its innacurate and we will be on Presstab's block explorer soon. Best block explorer there is.

Vegas
legendary
September 19, 2015, 11:44:36 AM
Thx for the Info. Pool closed / stopped. A few pages before i was informed that it is just a non mandatory update...
After you had posted, it was found that the random rewards were coded a little incorrectly and produced a 700k SuperBlock (5 times the current supply) so the markets were halted and now the Blockchain will be rolled back and a fix put in.

Actually had nothing to do with the superblock rewards, problem was with the reward code from COL2 that this coin was cloned from. Compiling new wallet now and everything will be ready in a few moments.

Edit: Crest I remember you telling me that the CON reward code wasn't supposed to hit the 30 reward cap each time when you made the fork, but for some reason it always did. I think this is that same miscode coming back to haunt (I assume COL2 was cloned from CON?).

Yes it was cloned from CON so that would be the case, I would be interested to see what it was exactly that caused that.

I have noticed that somewhere between the early Novacoin clones (CAP, HBN, TEK, HYP, etc) and the newer brand of PoS clones, that the GetCoinAge function changed, and consequently requires the reward code to add an extra division by 'COIN'. The source we were working on had this newer coinage calculation but the older way of calculating the reward without the extra COIN division. I should have caught this error, as I first noticed this change when I forked the XRA rewards. But I didn't notice it, and here we are. Luckily the block was minted by iDunk, and vegas was fast to notify yobit and the thread here. All in all, no damage done and we should be up and running.

I had an interesting thought though, could it be possible to have a certain amount being generated on top of the Stake rewards to a specific address every so many Blocks as a provision for funding?

Im curious. Funding for what cause?
legendary
September 19, 2015, 11:43:09 AM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
September 19, 2015, 11:37:06 AM
legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 19, 2015, 11:29:10 AM

legendary
September 19, 2015, 11:26:48 AM
New wallet is perfect. Guys if you did get any of those massive false stakes, after it resyncs just click wallet repair to remove. Dont forget to sync from scratch AND change to the new addnode and remove all other addnodes in your .conf file to be on correcr chain. Ill post latest version on OP and contact oc miner and Yobit

Vegas
legendary
September 19, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

Edit: Seems like I just needed to divide by COIN so in a sense the base reward was always a million times higher so it would always hit the subsidy cap.
legendary
September 19, 2015, 11:20:38 AM
Ya we will go back on Yobit soon. Its a pain to reach any admins there.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
September 19, 2015, 11:13:50 AM
Alright here is the fix: https://mega.nz/#!XBdk1BrZ!7u_f0XReMK__N3wUKD4acWoarT5Gx0IYLhdZ1S-PgoU
Build from source from here: github.com/presstab/fly-coin

Instructions to get back to the correct chain:
- Remove everything from your flycoin datadirectory except for your wallet.dat and your .conf
- Use 198.50.243.84 as an addnode because it is on the correct chain
- Startup the wallet and give it a few moments to sync up, it should be pretty quick.

The combination of an awesome director and passionate developers let me really sleeping calm and I am sure, this will be a huge success...thats the kind of coins I searched...Now I am very excited to see FLY flying in yobit again...
legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 19, 2015, 10:56:51 AM
Alright here is the fix: https://mega.nz/#!XBdk1BrZ!7u_f0XReMK__N3wUKD4acWoarT5Gx0IYLhdZ1S-PgoU
Build from source from here: github.com/presstab/fly-coin

Instructions to get back to the correct chain:
- Remove everything from your flycoin datadirectory except for your wallet.dat and your .conf
- Use 198.50.243.84 as an addnode because it is on the correct chain
- Startup the wallet and give it a few moments to sync up, it should be pretty quick.
legendary
September 19, 2015, 10:43:20 AM
Thanks for your help again presstab.

Vegas
legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 19, 2015, 10:35:17 AM

legendary
September 19, 2015, 09:20:42 AM
After fixing that all, I have to do nothing than reload my wallet?

yes, you will just use the new wallet once released, old one would be blocked.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
September 19, 2015, 09:05:33 AM
After fixing that all, I have to do nothing than reload my wallet?
legendary
September 19, 2015, 08:38:02 AM

It was a non mandatory update to address a couple display items as the Splitblock fee was being displayed as costing 200 Coins when it would actually charge 0.05 Coins and the display of your weight in the wallet GUI. The SplitBlock Fees are not the same as the Fees charged when sending a transaction, it is set a little higher than the standard Fee to avoid having to recalculate the Fee so it does not mean any kind of change to Blockchain.

Basically it was a non-mandatory fix but now it is going to be a mandatory fix.

Never a dull day in Crypto lol
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
September 19, 2015, 08:22:59 AM

See post 494
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
September 19, 2015, 08:07:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
September 19, 2015, 08:02:31 AM
He has probably been notified but just in case I
just sent OCMiner a PM
Jump to: